It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

da vinci and the illuminati

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I remember watching the National Geographic Channel last week or the week before, and there were lots of topics dealing with Da Vinci and Biblical history. There is alot of speculation that Da Vinci created the Shroud of Turin (sp)

He did it because he disliked the Church. In any case, the programs I watched speculated that the painting of the last supper contains information about the Holy Grail. Its where Dan Brown got alot of his information, hence Da Vinci Code.

There is no direct evidence that Da Vinci was connected with the Templars or the Illuminati, then again, proof of the existance of the Illuminati is speculatory at best.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 06:05 AM
link   
But he was a Grand Master of the Priory Of Sion, which is credited as being the guiding force for Freemasonry & the Knights Templar. So there's your link. Pass the salt.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 06:38 AM
link   
In regards to the Templars, Priory of Sion the best work of fiction that I've read to do with all this stuff is:

Foucault's Pendulum by Umberto Eco

Excellent, excellent book. Makes the Da Vinci Code look like the trash it is.

Recently read The Holy Blood and Holy Grail (again) and popped over to visit the area (since some relatives live nearby). I'm always disappointed by the book, the authors seem to try to convince you of their "facts" by simply repeating them over and over again and referencing their own research most of the time. To be honest it gets rather tiresome.

The Umberto Eco book however makes no assertions to be true but (in the hands of a master like Eco) becomes extremely compelling and I would love to visit some of the places mentioned in the book. It makes you think though, if Eco had pretended to be telling "Facts" and had written the book very badly, it could probably be an international bestseller!

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Wanna visit? View this whole thread for a link to a rare glimpse of Renne-le-Chateau.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enigmatic Debris
But he was a Grand Master of the Priory Of Sion, which is credited as being the guiding force for Freemasonry & the Knights Templar. So there's your link. Pass the salt.

Priory of Sion is a proven hoax,
people came forward to confess that its a hoax.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
A taste of the story ED was talking about.

www.dannycarey.org...

The story ED mentions is very interesting, and has much to do with davinci code, and the story of mary magdaline and the holy bloodline.

The story is at toolband.com
“…IT IS THANKS TO MAGDALENE’S TEARS
THAT YOU WASH OUR SINS AWAY”
(A RENNES UPDATE.)
www.toolband.com...

If you notice the "tv set" in the upper left hand corner you will also notice there is something that looks like a human intestine plugged into the set. About one centemeter from the bottom of the "intestine" there is a hidden link. If you can't find it, just move you cursor over it until it sees the link then click on it. If you can't find it now, I don't know what to tell you. There are three hidden links, and two of them get you to the story.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Sorry it took a while, I was trying to find some place to host them.
so, the first is Herr Vitruvian over Mona's face. Vit's legs form a triangle culminating at Mona's left eye:

maybe thats why she's smiling

Now the real freak fest: the dollar bill.

scary.

Now I have tried with other versions of the seal I found on wiki but the didn't line up like this one.
BTW, Latin's not my native tongue, but I did a dodgy online translation of the words "annuit coeptis" and I got " to destroy and to begin", not 'god smiles on our beginnings like those shirky devils claim... what's with that?

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Are you sure it's Annuit Coeptis? Is it really Annuit Caeptis like Tool's dypthonged AEnima? What would this mean then? Just a thought.....

Thanks for the pics......Very interesting and worth the wait!

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 03:41 AM
link   
annu.it V 3 1 PRES ACTIVE IND 3 S
annu.it V 3 1 PERF ACTIVE IND 3 S
annuo, annuere, annui, annutus V
designate w/nod, nod assent; indicate, declare; favor/smile on; agree to, gran

coept.is VPAR 3 1 DAT P X PERF PASSIVE PPL
coept.is VPAR 3 1 ABL P X PERF PASSIVE PPL
coepio, coepere, coepi, coeptus V
begin, commence, initiate; set foot on; (usu. PERF, PASS w/PASS INF; PRES earl
coept.is ADJ 1 1 DAT P X POS
coept.is ADJ 1 1 ABL P X POS
coeptus, coepta, coeptum ADJ
begun, started, commenced; undertaken;
coept.is N 2 2 DAT P N
coept.is N 2 2 ABL P N
coeptum, coepti N N
undertaking (usu.pl.), enterprise, scheme; work begun/started/taken in hand;

You tell me, confusing? Maybe a little. Latin has many tranlations when used in different context.

"Favored beginning"
"favored enterprise"

Not really much to work with as far as context goes.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I see your point horus. Like I said, it may have been a dodgy translation, but for me the context works. The US seems to work best when it's demolishing things.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by epidemiks
A friend of mine discovered this strange 'coincidence' the other night after we were talking about the da vinci code.

Lets keep in mind that the Davinci Code is fiction. It takes a lot of other conspiracies and rolls them into one.

super imposing da vinci's vitruvian man over her head, incredibly her left eye sits directly on top of the triangle created by the man's legs a la the pyramid/eye of horus.

Depending on what size you blow the vitruvian man up to it can be made to line up with almost anything no??

On seal #1 (annuit coeptis), mr vit's head lines up perfectly over the the eye,

Interesting.

on the other seal (eagle) something more astonishing appears: Mr Vitruvian turns into a magestic angel crowned by a sparkling halo.

Wouldn't this happen with any human figure, since its being over laid on a bird with outstreched wings??

Maybe a coincidence, but they look like they're meant to be there.

I'd think that there are two things at work here.
One is mere coincidence. The other is that the vitruvian man was designed to have 'perfect' proportions, or artistically ideal proportions. Thus, it should have similar proportions to other works of art, and thus be likely to have certain aspects of it match

i'll post the pics as soon as I get them uploaded.. looks more impressive than it sounds.

That'd be awesome.

Enigmatic Debris
And how did the Knights Templar come into existence?

Via the Crusades, along with the Knights Hospitaller and the Teutonic Knights.

But what about Rennes-le-Chateau?

What about it??

How did they get rich. FROM THE POWER THEY HELD. KNOWLEDGE IS POWER.

The Knights Templar were rich because they had physical power, not necessarily knowledge.

PLEASE VISIT

If you want to discuss the 'secret page' of some metal band, then post the secret page, not the front address please.

Their drummer Danny & website motorator Blair actually went to Rennes-le-Chateau in France.

Good for them. Whats that matter? How does that make the Priory Real when its a fraud? How does that make any of the incorrect theories correct?

www.toolband.com...

Thanks for all the birthday greetings sent in by friends and fans, but, to be perfectly honest, I'm just a little disappointed that NO Los Angeles area fans turned up at the dinner party at the El Coyote where they could have seen MJK and members of Tool

Wow. Spectacular.

Notice the TV on the top-left of your screen?

Why in the world won't you simply state the address??

But he was a Grand Master of the Priory Of Sion,

How, precisely, is davinci a grand master of a group that never existed, outside of a modern hoax??

WissNX01
proof of the existance of the Illuminati is speculatory at best.

There was a group in bavaria around the end of the 18th century called the Illuminati, founded by Adam Weishaupt, however they were broken up by the State and ceased to exist. The anti-Illuminati propaganda at the time is the source of todays Illuminati-NWO hysteria.

eyeofhorus
If you can't find it, just move you cursor over it until it sees the link then click on it. If you can't find it now, I don't know what to tell you.

Why does everyone want to play cryptographer here? This is the address:
www.toolband.com...

The site appears to be a little bit of silly fantasy from the band, apparently playing at being invovled in the Davinci Code.

The priory is fake. The templars were an order of crusaders and were destroyed. Davinci wasn't in any secret socieites, and he didn't 'code' anti-church propaganda into this paintings. Dan Brown made up a good story, a conspiracy story, but thats all it is. His history and interpretations are 'incorrect', the "mergovingian kings are descendants of jesus" myth is a myth, and one that apparently didn't even exist until long after the merovingians had lost power to their own court viziers.
The Davinci Code is not history. It is fantasy, and its 'evidences' are one part fraud and one part artistic interpretation (iow, there is no evidence).

epidemiks
Vit's legs form a triangle culminating at Mona's left eye

Interesting. I think it has to do with the ideal proportions I was talking about.

Now the real freak fest: the dollar bill

Same thing. The eagle one is damned cool tho, but any person, made out to proper proportions, seems like it would have a similar effect. The unfinished pyramid one doesn't match up as well as I'd've thought.

The US seems to work best when it's demolishing things.

Please explain how you got to that translation, since apparently the first word means 'favour' and the second means 'undertaking'??
The people who made the seal had it say 'favoured undertaking', meaning that God woudl favour the new nation, the new enterprise.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Quote: "but the Priory of Sion Society was a hoax which the guy admitted too."

Yes and the Rosicrucian’s don't really Exist & there is no such thing as Occultism & figures like Ormus & Pythagoras also never Existed & Ancient Egypt is not really that Important & neither are the Alchemical or Qabbalistic Arts & the RCC/Vatican/Jesuits are really good guys - The Inquisition & the Holocaust never Really Happened & Jesus was just a Figment of the Imagination & DaVinci was really just out of his Mind - keep on Thinking that kiddies!

[edit on 18-5-2005 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Lets keep in mind that the Davinci Code is fiction. It takes a lot of other conspiracies and rolls them into one.

I didn't say I'd actually read the book.
Perhaps my label of 'talking about the davinci code' could be more appropriately summed up as 'talking about why the western world is such a greedy, brainwashed, apathetic culture without compassion, and how America sucks the devil's thorny member, and how the frig did The Axis of Weevils (Bush, Blair, Howard) all got re-elected after viciously tearing the ass end out of nearly all the social services whilst lying as often as possible about why we are fighting a war against a non-existent threat (Saddam, not Al-Qaeda), that the majority of the world were completely and utterly opposed to?'
Da Vinci's just the flavour of the month I guess.

Same thing. The eagle one is damned cool tho, but any person, made out to proper proportions, seems like it would have a similar effect. The unfinished pyramid one doesn't match up as well as I'd've thought.

Dodgy photoshopping on my behalf there, but when done properly, various elements of the pictures line up.

Please explain how you got to that translation, since apparently the first word means 'favour' and the second means 'undertaking'??
The people who made the seal had it say 'favoured undertaking', meaning that God woudl favour the new nation, the new enterprise.

again, I stated clearly the lack of translatory accuracy with that one. I did a latin to english translation with some dictionary I googled. can't explain why it came back 'to destroy' . it just did. happy?

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seraphim_Serpente
Yes and the Rosicrucian’s don't really Exist

What evidence suggests that the Priory Existed?
[mpre]

epidemiks
I didn't say I'd actually read the book.

It a quick read, its worth it.

can't explain why it came back 'to destroy' . it just did. happy?

Ah. So you aren't saying its a 'better' translanation, ie more accurate in terms of grammar, just that its 'accurate' as a description. Check.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
That sounds pretty exciting, especially after I have watched 'National Treasure' starring Nicholas Cage.

Honestly.. please do share some pictures of your discoveries.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enigmatic Debris

this is an assumption that hasn't been proven. the lists in the Dossiers Secret don't count as prove, as one of the forgers admitted before dying.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I read the book Da vinci code and i think it is verry possible

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join