It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo of the Baghdad Airport highway, one of the few roads the NWO mercenaries "control"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Photo of the Baghdad Airport highway, one of the few roads the NWO mercenaries "control"

US Army soldiers respond to a roadside bomb on the highway leading to the airport, in Baghdad, Iraq, Friday, May 13, 2005. A roadside bomb completely destroyed one humvee along a highway leading to the airport.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Granted this is probably the most dangerous road in the world for being a target, 6 Km's long with military either end, but the road is so important for the connect to other major routes you cannot close it off to the civilians! however i am aware of a new plan that is going into action which will make this route atleast 50% safer!

by the way this is not new, everyday something happens on this route!

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MattMarriott

US Army soldiers respond to a roadside bomb on the highway leading to the airport, in Baghdad, Iraq, Friday, May 13, 2005. A roadside bomb completely destroyed one humvee along a highway leading to the airport.

A mercenary is a soldier who fights, or engages in warfare primarily for money, usually with little regard for ideological, national or political considerations. However, when the term is used to refer to a soldier in a regular national army, it is usually considered an insult, epithet or pejorative.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Sheesh. Ignorance like this is what should get people banned from this site.

These are just people, like you me, like the insurgents. Fighting for what they believe in. There is no NWO, I'm sorry to break that to you.

Look, I know that you probably want there to an NWO because it will fulfill purpose in your life that you don't have, right?

Who let the troll in?

-wD

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Dude what is up with the NWO merc crack? Dude these are my brothers in arms and I really do not like people bad mouthing the military! We follow the orders of the folks above us but we are not mindless killing machines. If we do not agree with an order and it is backed by the UCMJ then we don't do it. If we have to do something we don't like, well my dad told me once that sometimes life gives you a big # sandwich and you gotta take a bite.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
ROMAD, Don't sweat it man. He truly believes that he is right.
He means nothing bad against the troops....he is just very very
confused and has created a false world that he believes is real
despite the total lack of evidence to support his claims.
Just read of few of his MANY threads and you will see my point.
It shouldnt be that hard to find one....he makes 20 million a day.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   
US soldiers mercenaries?.....

I am so tired from all this crap from liberals, it's not funny anymore...

Perhaps ATS's motto should be changed to "Embrace Ignorance" when so many people post so much crap, lie and exagerate to further their own agenda and selfish ambitions to make the US a pothead country where anarchy is supreme....

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I think that all the coalition troops are do are doing a great job in very tough conditions ...

D

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

Can't blame everything on liberals. There are people who are just plain crackpots.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   
"Baghdad airport is crowded with heavily armed mercenaries" Robert fisk.

www.truthout.org...

"But as I was waiting hour after hour for the planes to take off, mortars started landing at the airport. Five in all. And I was actually chatting to a group of special forces, Americans, with their black webbing with lots and lots of radios and telephones and weapons. And they were actually-- as special forces tend to-being quite appreciative of their enemy. They were saying : Not bad. They’re getting better. They’re getting better. In other words, they were aiming their mortars to land closer to the actual runway of the airport. Each mortar landing would be succeeded by a large kind of smoke ring that would go up in the sky about 20, 30 feet wide." Robert fisk

"One of the special forces men said to me that they previously had a five-mile-wide radius around the airport, a security screen, in which they had-- the Americans had successfully occupied, totally, a five-mile radius. But because of attacks, this had been reduced to a two-mile radius". Robert Fisk

"In any event, the five-mile radius around the airport has now been reduced to two miles and with the maximum range of a ground-to-air handheld missile now being estimated at 8,000 feet. That, in the words of one of the special forces men, put any flier out of the airport on the edge-- in other words, any plane going out is now have at risk of being hit by a ground-to-air shoulder-fired missile because of too-little radius of security around the airport to prevent anyone firing at an aircraft and hitting it." Robert Fisk.

paxhumana.info...

The pilots have to fly in a corckscrew fasion just to avoid missile fire.

"We did eventually take off, and instead of making a gradual ascent to cruising altitude, the Airbus did this howling, air-biting G-forces turn up and up, a spiral like going up the side of a corkscrew" Robert Fisk

Your time is short American invaders. You better get out of Iraq, while you can still use the airport.
heh heh heh

[edit on 14-5-2005 by Syrian Sister]

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Syrian Sister, i don't think going out of iraq now would be a bad good. we have to finish what we started...

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Do armed mercenaries follow ROE????

Thinking that if we had lots of "Armed Mercenaries " in Iraq and Afganistan we would be hearing about it..as to my knowlege "Armed Mercenaries" are not bound by ROE. They are alot more flexible in their methods.
"Armed Mercenaries " seems to be pretty lame posturing on someones side. This reminds me of these afternoon talk shows on tv ..where "victimization" is the standard format. Now here ..we have "Armed Mercenaries" to increase the "victimization " posture.

Ok now...on my propaganda side...something I've always wondered about in this buisness..both in Afganistan and Iraq.
There seems to be a fingerprint here not talked about ..anymore in lieu of the bad news that seems to permeate the industry on both sides.

These "insurgents" or whatever name or moniker you want to put on them ..they seem to have a textbook fingerprint...wherever they go.
For all thier education ..boasting ..posturing ...wherever they go ..they spread death and destruction. They dont seem to be able to build anything. When something gets built..they find ways to destroy it.
My point is that if they win...what are they going to do with the country. What benifit are they going to do for the people. It is obvious that in many areas ...the populace lives and continues to live at a substance level or lower. Only with the advent of western help does some of this seem to change. And when some areas are successful..the "insurgents come in and return things back to the previous substance levels.
No matter what the Al Jazerra and other outlet people use..this seems to be missing from their reporting. The more radical Muslim countries seem to be able to spread death and destruction but little in material aid and help to the people of these two nations. My point is that for all their posturing ...their basic religious belief system doesnt seem to function here in this area. The "insurgents do not seem to be much in the public works arena... a concept of which I am acutely aware...with every broadcast out of these two countries.
I dont think many westerners are aware of this line of thinking in lieu of what passes for news today.
Thoughts on this anyone???

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Hey, syrian, didn't your country just run back home from Lebanon like a scolded dog? Our SOLDIERS, have a great deal more honor than these "insurgents" (read fratricidal hooligans). Don't forget...we're right at your back door...

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister
Your time is short American invaders. You better get out of Iraq, while you can still use the airport.
heh heh heh

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't kid yourself - the US isn't going anywhere, unless it is into YOUR country or Iran.

Just count your blessings that Assad understands that, and has thus become more and more so a 'yes, sir' guy to the US.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Syrian sister....US and coalition forces are not mercenaries...first of they are not paid like mercenaries, and second of all stop with all this crap that the coalition are murderers and the insurgents/terrorists are angels...noone is buying into that. More so because the Iraqi civilians had to defend themselves and kill insurgents, and the most people that the insurgents are killing in their suicide attacks, and other attacks are mostly Iraqi civilians. You just don't want to admit it.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   

It's gets very tiring to hear everything from global warming to Ashley Simpson's musical career blamed on liberals. It gets tiring hearing labels being thrown around by people too lazy to examine anyone's issues. Just once, just to spice things up, the next time your ATM card doesn't work, or someone posts something about Elvis being alive in Antartica, or just anytime you feel a need to place blame somewhere, blame the conservatives. You'd still be wrong, but at least it'd be something different.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Syrian sister....US and coalition forces are not mercenaries...first of they are not paid like mercenaries.

I never said US and coalition forces where mercenaries (although there is little difference), people that work for security companies like "black water". THey are internationally recognised as mercenaries. ANd there is pleanty of those cockroaches crouding at the airport. kapish?

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

heh heh heh

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't kid yourself - the US isn't going anywhere, unless it is into YOUR country or Iran.

Just count your blessings that Assad understands that, and has thus become more and more so a 'yes, sir' guy to the US.

Heh, how about i say this in language you can understand, BRING IT ON!!!!!!

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Love the generilising there.....

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Embrace Ignorance...that's what alot of people at this board seem to do. What is with all this NWO, reptilian, and this other garbage?

That's why you should never believe someone when they say drugs don't have long term effects - clearly they do.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join