It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Xbox 360 versus Playstation 3

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 03:01 AM
link   
xbox 360 is my winner, I won't get it until halo3 comes out though
ps 3 doesn't seem to have any interesting games, I guess cuz I'm not a FF junkie

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I have been with Sony for years. I'm not going to back down. I like the way the ps3 looks and sounds. The newly designed controllers are cool. And I love the specs. The ps3 is going to slay life. pure pwnage in the world of gaming.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
2 things

1. has anyone here played cubivores for GC? the revolution is going to farking own.

2. if you're hating on the ps3 coz of it's price, think about how much all of the peripherals it comes with (60 hd and all that nonsense) would cost to purchase for the 360, and then realize that they're the same price.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Go PS3! All the way!! I'm Soooooooooooo getting it!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 25cents
1. has anyone here played cubivores for GC? the revolution is going to farking own.

agreed

2. if you're hating on the ps3 coz of it's price, think about how much all of the peripherals it comes with (60 hd and all that nonsense) would cost to purchase for the 360, and then realize that they're the same price.

wrong.

Ps3's goingto be $499.95 for its regular version, which comes with less things, no harddrive, etc. (like a xbox 360s core system) and its premium version is $599.95, which comes with the other stuff.

Xbox 360s base system only costs $299.95 Its premium, which comes with the harddrive, and then a wireless controller for free, is $399.95. So even if you got the advanced premium bundle for the 360, your still paying 100 bucks less then the ps3s bare minimum system.

And I think most people aren't complaining about the price of the ps3, but more of the quality of the system vs the price.

Like Sony's previous antics, they've shown that the system itself isn't all as great as they hyped it up in E3 2k5. The games at launch are lackluster, looking not too much greater then the 360, not the leap that was hyped. Combined with the insane price, the terrible launch titles, the lack of any vibration controls, and the added price for HD abilities, it just isn't proving to be worth it, or living up to the massive hype.

Right now, Sony will be in the console race, just because of all the devout fanboys sony has accumilated, but I think 1st place will be given to the Wii.

[edit on 6-7-2006 by WolfofWar]

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
wrong.

Ps3's goingto be $499.95 for its regular version, which comes with less things, no harddrive, etc. (like a xbox 360s core system) and its premium version is $599.95, which comes with the other stuff.

Xbox 360s base system only costs $299.95 Its premium, which comes with the harddrive, and then a wireless controller for free, is $399.95. So even if you got the advanced premium bundle for the 360, your still paying 100 bucks less then the ps3s bare minimum system.

Actually the PS3 "Core" system will have a Harddrive, the difference is about 20 Gigs to 60 Gigs. Plus, Bill gates has recently said that the combination of the 360 and Wii will cost roughly the same as a "deluxe" version of the PS3, so I think a 360 price cut is in the works. I'd say they will cut the price by 50 bucks so the combination of 360(deluxe) and Wii(which a lot of Hardcore gamers are planning on buying) will come out to a cheaper price then the Deluxe Ps3.

And I think most people aren't complaining about the price of the ps3, but more of the quality of the system vs the price.

PS3 is overpowered. That's not something you hear me saying everyday so laminate it!
Remember the 3DO

Like Sony's previous antics, they've shown that the system itself isn't all as great as they hyped it up in E3 2k5. The games at launch are lackluster, looking not too much greater then the 360, not the leap that was hyped. Combined with the insane price, the terrible launch titles, the lack of any vibration controls, and the added price for HD abilities, it just isn't proving to be worth it, or living up to the massive hype.

Right now, Sony will be in the console race, just because of all the devout fanboys sony has accumilated, but I think 1st place will be given to the Wii.

There is room for all three and frankely I think Wii will take number one spot based solely on these four factors: Control Scheme, Price, Nostalgia, and the Virtual Console(Like XBox Arcade, except with all NES, SNES, N64, Genesis, and Turbogfx 16 titles).

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

Actually the PS3 "Core" system will have a Harddrive, the difference is about 20 Gigs to 60 Gigs. Plus, Bill gates has recently said that the combination of the 360 and Wii will cost roughly the same as a "deluxe" version of the PS3, so I think a 360 price cut is in the works. I'd say they will cut the price by 50 bucks so the combination of 360(deluxe) and Wii(which a lot of Hardcore gamers are planning on buying) will come out to a cheaper price then the Deluxe Ps3.

Ah I wasnt away that there was a different in the harddrives. I heard that one had one, one didnt. Must be outdated information. Anyways, if the Ps2s 100 dollar harddrive attempt was an early example of what the ps3 harddrive will do, I fear for the worst. lol.

PS3 is overpowered. That's not something you hear me saying everyday so laminate it!
Remember the 3DO

Power doesnt matter when it comes down to making good games. The things that are important to a game system over power is the reliability and the flexibility of the developers kit. Sony's notorious for making terribily restrictive dev kits, ps2's was so attrocious the system couldnt be used correctly for about three years. You have developers stuck only doing ps1 styled games and graphics on the ps2 for three years because they couldnt get enough out of the dev kit.

Apparently its the same issue with the PS3. Infact, Alot of developers have been saying its still the same style. Which is one of the reasons you wont see alot of good, innovative games from the ps3 that really push anything, or even use the systems power, till about three years.

Oh, and slightly off topic, but Hideo Kojima was so impressed with the xbox 360s dev kit that he wants to port MGS4 to the system and start making some exclusive MGS games for the system.

There is room for all three and frankely I think Wii will take number one spot based solely on these four factors: Control Scheme, Price, Nostalgia, and the Virtual Console(Like XBox Arcade, except with all NES, SNES, N64, Genesis, and Turbogfx 16 titles).

I think Wii COULD havea chance to take number one. Problem is Nintendo aren't really on the game when it comes to workingthe corporate side of the systems. They dont know how to negotiate right between companies, how to use legal systems right (remember Sony STOLE the Playstation from nintendo) and also how to deal with third party developers.

THe things that can totally kill the Wii will be the fact that any third party games may not use the Wii's system to its advantage.

And the Wii's gameplay really hinges on its control scheme. So if all the ports and third party games dont do much, they'll be novelty at best.

And sorry to the mario fanboys, but a first party only system wont hold up against the ps3 and the 360. Nobody wants to play Lugios Mansion 23 and Super Smash Bros. 34x

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Oh, and slightly off topic, but Hideo Kojima was so impressed with the xbox 360s dev kit that he wants to port MGS4 to the system and start making some exclusive MGS games for the system.

Funny, he said the same thing about the Wii. You sure you aren't mixing up quotes?

I think Wii COULD havea chance to take number one. Problem is Nintendo aren't really on the game when it comes to workingthe corporate side of the systems. They dont know how to negotiate right between companies, how to use legal systems right (remember Sony STOLE the Playstation from nintendo) and also how to deal with third party developers.

Lessons learned. Do you know the story of how Final Fantasy became "Final Fantasy"? If you do, then the Wii is Nintendo's Final Fantasy if you catch my drift. They have to succeed with this console or they may very well go the rout of Sega and Atari.

THe things that can totally kill the Wii will be the fact that any third party games may not use the Wii's system to its advantage.

It's manditory for all 3rd party developers to use the 'mote and 'chucks as a primary control device with only secondary support for the console controller. There are a few exceptions but as of right now, there ain't many.

And the Wii's gameplay really hinges on its control scheme. So if all the ports and third party games dont do much, they'll be novelty at best.

If the 3rd party devs don't do it, they will be missing a HUGE opportunity. The PS3 stole elements of the 'Mote from Nintendo so that says something about what they think about motion sensitivity(despite Sony's insistance in E3 '05 that it was just a "Gimmick"). If a lot of crossplatform Wii games turn out to use this feature, I can definately see it becoming standard from here on out like the Dual Shock in the 90s.

And sorry to the mario fanboys, but a first party only system wont hold up against the ps3 and the 360. Nobody wants to play Lugios Mansion 23 and Super Smash Bros. 34x

What about Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicals? Madden? Blitz? All three are rumored to be launch titles and at least Madden and FF can become a system selling game, especially if the folks at EA really utilize the 'mote to it's fullest potential.

The 3rd party developers have a HUGE opportunity to get their games into the hands of people who otherwise wouldn't even consider playing a videogame. This is the audience that the Wii is aiming for in general. This console is not just for Bobby Needs a Suntan Hardcore gamer, it's literally being billed as a Family Entertainment device with something for everyone. I wouldn't be surprised if they port over the GTA titles just to emphasize the point that they are aiming for everyone.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Funny, he said the same thing about the Wii. You sure you aren't mixing up quotes?

Nope, he was talking about other systems in an interview. He said he was interested in the Wiis unique control scheme, and fell in love with the 360s dev kit. Because of those two things, he wanted to a) port the MGS4 to the 360 (the Wii cant handle it graphically) and make exclusive games for the 360 and the Wii (they would be different to each system.

Same quote, but I snipped the part about the wii because hewas talking about the control scheme over the dev kit. He never seen the dev kit at the time.

Lessons learned. Do you know the story of how Final Fantasy became "Final Fantasy"? If you do, then the Wii is Nintendo's Final Fantasy if you catch my drift. They have to succeed with this console or they may very well go the rout of Sega and Atari.

Lessons learned perhaps, but Nintendos never been good at learning lessons. They're old hardcore japanese businessmen who believe in strict tradition. The Wii is a bit leap, but I fear that if they screw it up they'll go the wayside of Sega (the dreamcast, imo was superior to PS2 too...I miss it.
)

Like I said, it really hinges on how the third party devs will deal with the control scheme. Nintendo's gamecube relied solely on 1st party games, and as such, it didnt fare as well. If history repeats, it will be devestating.

It's manditory for all 3rd party developers to use the 'mote and 'chucks as a primary control device with only secondary support for the console controller. There are a few exceptions but as of right now, there ain't many.

Obviously, but the thing is will it just be novelty controls?

For Example if your just porting a game, would you really bother to put to effort to totally reinvent the control scheme, or would you have it the same, and just have one novelty value to it ala zelda (you can shoot the bow! yay!)

Nintendos only thing going for it is its control. Its the thing that makes the wii the wii. If none of the third party developers use it uniquely, and just dry port it, to a system thats hardware wise inferior to the two others, theres not much going for it then, right?

Its a big risk, I fear for the worst myself.

If the 3rd party devs don't do it, they will be missing a HUGE opportunity. The PS3 stole elements of the 'Mote from Nintendo so that says something about what they think about motion sensitivity(despite Sony's insistance in E3 '05 that it was just a "Gimmick"). If a lot of crossplatform Wii games turn out to use this feature, I can definately see it becoming standard from here on out like the Dual Shock in the 90s.

Thing is, the motion sensitivity IS a gimmick. An old one. Wiis trying to just turn that around, and make the gimmick a revolutionary gimmick. Problem is if they fail to execute it BEYOND gimmickry, then nobody will really take it seriously.

You have the AWESOME potential to have real swordfights in your house, or point a gun at the screen, and use a real bow. You have the motions that would put you into the game. But if the developers, especially the third party developers fail to properly utilize it, it'll become another gimmick like the xbox's 100 dollar mech controller with 100 buttons. Awesome idea, but only one game used it, and it failed to use it good.

What about Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicals? Madden? Blitz? All three are rumored to be launch titles and at least Madden and FF can become a system selling game, especially if the folks at EA really utilize the 'mote to it's fullest potential.

Most Final Fantasy RPG gamers laugh at crystal chronicles. It was considered crap, and because of that, I doubt it will attract that many players. Madden and blitz are all games that attract casual gamers. 80% of the sports game genre is played by casual gamers that are only into it because theyre sports fans. To them its all about graphics , multiplayer, and the brand name.

Wii's graphically inferior to both of the other competitors, so because of that, those casual gamers will probably just stick to the high-end graphics versions.

The 3rd party developers have a HUGE opportunity to get their games into the hands of people who otherwise wouldn't even consider playing a videogame. This is the audience that the Wii is aiming for in general. This console is not just for Bobby Needs a Suntan Hardcore gamer, it's literally being billed as a Family Entertainment device with something for everyone. I wouldn't be surprised if they port over the GTA titles just to emphasize the point that they are aiming for everyone.

I think its got awesome potential, but like Isaid, it hinges on the 3rd party devs willingness to commit the effort, money, and time to make games revolving aroundthe unique system.

So far the launch third party games look great. Red steel, for example. But well the system's fate will hinge is the influx of newer devs, and whether they will utilize the gamewell.

We dont know how its online play will be, Nintendos never done it before. Alot of people that want to play the old games already have emulators and roms for free (and illegally.) The Graphics and hardware isnt as good as the ps3 and the 360, so it comes down to two things.

-Affordability

-Revolutionary Controls.

If youdont utilize the controls, all it has is affordability, with controls that are awkward.

And the days of Family entertainment are gone. Even the youngest of kids find blowing up Hookers in Grand Theft Auto more fun then playing Pikmin.

Trust me, I work at a video store/game store. Nobody rents gamecube games, or buys them. And the ones the get are the more adult ones. Even the kiddies.

I love the Wii's concept, I'm going to get one. (I havea 360, not planning on getting a ps3 though.) But I just feel it has alot of things it HAS to do to make it, and nintendos not all that reliable in those departments.

time well tell, but I'm on the edge of my seat.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Nope, he was talking about other systems in an interview.

Yeah that's the quote I heard, just never remember him mentioning the 360 at all...

Lessons learned perhaps...

Bleh, the only reason the Dreamcast was superior to the PS2 is that you didn't even have to chip it up to play burned games(I owned a PS2 and didn't use it past year 1
). That's why it failed. The perception the 3rd party developers had of the system was like this. "If I want my game to make money why port it to Dreamcast? Everyone knows the Majority of Dreamcast owners are a bunch of theiving pirates!" or some such.

As for the learning lessons part, look at the DS Lite.

Inferior to the PSP in every respect yet still they are neck in neck.

1. Their decision to leave out a harddrive of the Wii and opt for Secure Digital Flash Memory was brilliant. Every computer nerd out there knows that the future of data storage is Solid State not Disk Drives. Nintendo's victory could end up settling the ludicris format wars ongoing in the Flash Drive space(Last I saw they were selling 21 in 1 Flash Readers
) just as PS2 helped standardize the DVD.

2. Meshing Wifi support for both the creation of Wii gaming "hotspots" is a logical step beyond the wireless gaming connectivity of the DS and DS lite. No other gaming console will have this capability to both connect to the internet and create wireless intrawebs for ad-hoc gaming, both at the same time. Just think what the Hacker(hacker as in someone who makes a product perform a function it wasn't designed to perform(or at least wasn't advertised that way)) community could do with this technology! They could literally create city wide networks for use in a great many applications for an extremely. If the hardware becomes cheap enough it could find a sizable secondary market for their hardware. Hopefully Nintendo embrases it with open arms.

3. The Lightgun was a stroke of genius IMHO. Tapping into the Nostalgia factor is going to sell them quite a few units regardless. A lot of people who grew up with Nintendo and Sega Genesis are in the mid-20s to early-30s and are start families. They are gonna look at 2 things before they make up their mind on which console to buy for the lil-uns. 1st they'll check out the PS3's pricetag, after their seizure is finished they see the word NINTENDO emblazoned on a colorful display with the sub-250 american price, will clinch it in a lot of parents minds for this coming holiday season. My suspicion is that a lot of parents aren't even going to consider XBox and only the Hardcore Anti-Sony Gamer like myself may buy both.

4. I've mentioned it before and I'll say it again. A lot of people are getting really nostalgic about the "good ole days" of Console gaming. Most people my age grew up with the NES, SNES and Genesis. The fact that you can purchase many of your favorite games from the past(and many you may have never even heard of before) will be a BIG selling point for quite a few people.(People like me for instance)

Like I said, it really hinges on how the third party devs will deal with the control scheme.

I don't really think it fair to compare the two consoles. GC was marketed as a Toy for Kids, which worked moderately well. They didn't lose money on the GC but they didn't grow their company much either. I wasn't a huge GC fan either myself but I know a lot of people who just love their cube. The fact that you can also Play GC games on the Wii as well as use the same controllers was a smart move on Nintendo's part.

For Example if your just porting a game, would you really bother to put to effort to totally reinvent the control scheme

It's only a reinvention for the first generation. Rarely has there been a console that fails in the first generation, once a few companies reinvent the wheel so to speak, they will just refine it. Second and Third generation games will decide the fate of this system, and by that time Wii will have sold over 10 million units, 6 mil at under 250(with an apparently slim loss according to Nintendo's CEO) and another 4 mil under 200(after price cut). The market is big enough in Japan alone to do 3/4ths that number.

I have a feeling, nothing more, just a feeling, that the 3rd party developers are going to be spending the majority of their time playing around with the Controller setup because GFX wise, it's supposed to be really easy(read as Cheap) to program for. Games are getting expensive nowadays.

The Wii could also be an indie developers dream(especially if their Consumer Level Dev Tools really hit the mark like their PC bretherin(HL1/2, Unreal Tourney, Elder Scrolls, etc)). Modability is one huge question mark on the part of the Wii. If they go the PC style of publishing in that they ship the tools for the Wii or the individual games themselves, it could create whole new brands for absolutely no cost. I believe this is one of the "Secrets" that some Nintendo insiders have been whispering about.

Nintendos only thing going for it is its control. Its the thing that makes the wii the wii. If none of the third party developers use it uniquely, and just dry port it, to a system thats hardware wise inferior to the two others, theres not much going for it then, right?

Bzzt. Wrong. On both accounts. We have no idea how the hardware will stack up against the 360. For the second, just read above.

Its a big risk, I fear for the worst myself.

It's moderately risky, but so is every console launch. A big risk would have been going toe to toe with Microsoft and Sony on their own terms. Not a smart move. They want to become the Apple of the Console world and frankely I think they have what it takes.

Thing is, the motion sensitivity IS a gimmick. An old one. Wiis trying to just turn that around, and make the gimmick a revolutionary gimmick. Problem is if they fail to execute it BEYOND gimmickry, then nobody will really take it seriously.

I've heard a lot of people who've actually played some games on this console describe it and few have used the word "Gimmick" to describe it. The few who do are either devoted PS3 fanbois or Microsoft wussies. (No offense)

You have the AWESOME potential to have real swordfights in your house, or point a gun at the screen, and use a real bow. You have the motions that would put you into the game. But if the developers, especially the third party developers fail to properly utilize it, it'll become another gimmick like the xbox's 100 dollar mech controller with 100 buttons. Awesome idea, but only one game used it, and it failed to use it good.

The key to it not becoming something that resembles a gimmick, console controller, the Lightgun, 'mote, and 'chucks HAVE TO COME WITH THE SYSTEM. The problem with things like the "Eyetoy" and the "Dancemat"(or whatever it's called) is that you had to pay extra for them, and they aren't cheap either.

Most Final Fantasy RPG gamers laugh at crystal chronicles.

Most gamers laugh at Final Fantasy fans.
I have not played CC and thought it was a relatively new game. :shrug: We'll see. Just the Final Fantasy name connected to the Nintendo again is a sign of major changes which Nintendo has undergone in the past 5 years. Remember the Bloody Split?

Again, if you do not know already, then I'll say it again. The E3 Presentations for Wii was done through a GC with a Wii Shell on it. Why? Because the final Hardware hasn't been finalized yet. IBM, ATI, and Aegia are hard at work towards this goal. BTW It's looking more and more plausible that Wii will have a dedicated Physics chip which will add a lot of realism to sports titles.

Wii's graphically inferior to both of the other competitors, so because of that, those casual gamers will probably just stick to the high-end graphics versions.

PS3 the answer is unquestionably yes. 360 the answer right now is unknown. Remember the 360 in computer terms is already almost 3 year old technology. (Specs were finalized 3 years ago roughly speaking I believe, that is they will be 3 years old when Wii and PS3 come out).

I love the Wii's concept, I'm going to get one. (I havea 360, not planning on getting a ps3 though.) But I just feel it has alot of things it HAS to do to make it, and nintendos not all that reliable in those departments.

It has done more then enough already to ensure it sells more then 10 million units before the end of the Boxing Day spending season(some are predicting massive Wii shortages during that time, like Economists, not Video Gamers or Fanbois or PR, the financial station over here actually had a one hour discussion on the console wars and spent a good 20 minutes(almost half the program) talking about the Wii and going gaga over it like a shiny new Ipod and these were greying haired suits too). ALL Consoles this generation are gonna sell waaay more then 10 million units. Video Games are now bigger then the box office. There is room for 3 to succeed, though there is only room for one to lead...maybe... I actually want the consoles to start differentiating themselves from one another. They all can serve their purposes in the end.

Sorry if I seem a bit disconnected with some of my paragraphs, I don't have the time to proofread.

[edit on 7-6-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
For more information, check this thread out.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

I'm updating constantly so check back.

I'll leave you with this picture of the new Rayman game.

Hopefully that's ingame, but we'll see. Hopefully the Wii comes close to this 360 version hehe.

[edit on 7-6-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Infest? You mean invest...

Anyways, why would Sony join Nintendo?

If anything Sony and Microsoft will join and take it to Nintendo like Hitler took it to France.

haha i love it.

but i really dont care which one is better, they both are going to be much better then what we have now, so im just looking at the price tags, and whichever one is lower then its my new friend.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   

wrong.

also the core version will b missing blu-ray and wi-fi capabilities.....
but i love the sony and all but im gonna have to go with the 360 ....

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I used to love sony before they screwed with me. Three broken Playstation 2s, all for the same reason, and only fix the problem (which was solely DELIBERATE bad manufactoring) with the threat of a class action suit.

I'm done with Sony.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I used to love sony before they screwed with me. Three broken Playstation 2s, all for the same reason, and only fix the problem (which was solely DELIBERATE bad manufactoring) with the threat of a class action suit.

I'm done with Sony.

For me it was two PS2's, then I got fed up and bought an old XBox and it hasn't hiccuped since. I don't play games on it though, I gots my comp fer dat.
Jes fer movies.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Hah. Well I love my xbox, I bought a 360 the moment I could. Quite satisfied with both of them.

I like my gamecube, but theres just not enough games that interest me on it (I got it for all the Resident evils
)

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Hah. Well I love my xbox, I bought a 360 the moment I could. Quite satisfied with both of them.

I like my gamecube, but theres just not enough games that interest me on it (I got it for all the Resident evils
)

Oh, one thing about the Wii. Aparently some games made for Gamecube were also made with the Wii's control scheme in mind(apparently this was supposed to debut on the Gamecube) and that games like Twilight Princess will be completely compatible with the Wii-mote and nunchuck combination.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   

)

Oh, one thing about the Wii. Aparently some games made for Gamecube were also made with the Wii's control scheme in mind(apparently this was supposed to debut on the Gamecube) and that games like Twilight Princess will be completely compatible with the Wii-mote and nunchuck combination.

from what I saw the twilight princess game was not made with the wii in mind, but will feature some trivial usage if you happen to play it on the wii. Basically the addition is the faerie pointer, shooting the bow, and the fishing mini game. Thats the extent of the wii extra control features for Zelda: TP. the rest is played with the regular analog stick and button function.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
....See this is why it's best to have room mates who oppose each others system
That way theirs some one who is mutal....like and get's to play on both of them then judge....
Heck no I'm not loafing over 600 dollars for a PS3 or XboX 360...let other people waste their money on that stuff..... I on the other hand will rather spend money on THIS!

....Lets see if this "Realistic" Gran Turismo can compete with that lol ....

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Big_BIRD

also the core version will b missing blu-ray and wi-fi capabilities.....
but i love the sony and all but im gonna have to go with the 360 ....

Oops, try again. Both will have a 2X blueray drive...

Straight from the horses mouth...

Before E3 I was most interested in the PS3, but now I'll be getting the Wii first while I wait for a PS3 price drop and some half desent games. I really don't care much about blueray at this point, so that's not a selling point for me. If the 360 gets cheap enough down the road, I will pick one up after buying my first HD TV (someday...).

Sony's made a lot of mistakes before even leaving the gate. I have serious doubts they will meet their launch deadline at this point. They've push back their first blueray player 2 or 3 times already because of manufacturing problems. I have a feeling there will be a few 1st generation bugs in the release PS3's, so the early adopters will be the beta testers for the machine, especially if Sony really pushes to get it out this year.

Microsoft has said there will be no price cut at Sony's launch, but a $50 cut on the premium 360 (and just drop the core sys M$, k?), along with a x-mas shortage of PS3's would move a lot of units for M$.

Not really a fanboy of any system, but I'm not really that impressed with the way Sony has handled things so far w/ the PS3. Maybe thing will change after the thing hits the streets, I sure hope so. It would make this next gen cycle pretty interesting.

GO WiiPS360Box!!!!1111!

--edit--
Giggle, whipped this up in photoshop...

[edit on 7/5/2006 by yadboy]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join