It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Xbox 360 versus Playstation 3

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Link to news

i think the ps3 is better than 360 because of the new use of the blue ray disc which can carry more data than the regular disc. i dink the graphics chip use by ps3 may be the same as xbox 360. i hear though that ps3 may even be better than the comin xbox 360

*shortened visible link*

[edit on 13-5-2005 by dbates]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
They said that the PS3 will have better graphics than the xbox 360, sounds strange but its a fact. But, just like xbox vs. ps2, the xbox 360 will be extremely powerful, its going to be able to do so much more than the ps3 along the lines of character movement, physics engines and level designs its going to be and i quote, "Unbeleivable".
EDIT: and edit your link, make it smaller with html or just press enter in the middle of the line, it wont hurt it any, scrolling to the left and right isnt a favorite among us groupies, lol.

[edit on 5/13/2005 by Schmidt1989]

apc

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Your resolution just sucks thats all

The Xbox will always be PC based and thus very powerful, but also being Microsoft is a product of Satan himself. It will watch you mate and consume your soul. Beware. Beware.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
All I care about is which one is better for Madden.

Look how good my boy McNabb looks on Madden next gen (granted, depicted in an extremely unrealistic situation
) :

If someone can tell me how to post it, I have the first TV comercial showing it (aired only once during the NFL draft).

[edit on 13-5-2005 by American Mad Man]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
...am I the only diehard Nintendo fan here? The new Nintendo will own PS3 and X360 with its gaming might.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Sony just owns the entertainment business. The triniton screen is by sony, as is the world's first portable walkman.

All Microsoft does is steal ideas. Steve Jobs was the first to come up with GUI, Bill Gates stole the idea and called it windows.

The Xbox360 is not as high tech as one would have imagined. It's just not visually appealing to me. All I see is a box with curves, kind of stupid, not the kind of futuristic gaming system I was expecting. Whats with the controller, a replica of N64. I would have went with the sidewinder.

sidewinder 1st choice for xbox [controller]
It would have been that with force feedback and wireless support.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by websurfer
All Microsoft does is steal ideas. Steve Jobs was the first to come up with GUI, Bill Gates stole the idea and called it windows.

Not quite right either, Jobs and the Woz were not the first to create a GUI. Xerox and IBM came before them, Xerox with the Alto from PARC, and a few other comapnies with various systems.

Of course, Englebart created one of the first true GUIs and the mouse.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
thats why you buy both and let the titles sort it out

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Thats a screenshot from xbox 360? Thats nice, maybe ill get it for my dorm in 4 years after the price drops 800$

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Nintendo? Did someone say Nintendo? Sorry, but PS1 owns GC, let alone anything newer....

Anyways, go Sony, Go Microsoft, Boo Paperweight INC, I mean Nintendo....

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
yeah nintendo is crap, theyre just not keeping up to par, they should join forces with sony and kick microsfts B-hind bigtime, like this:

sony and nintendo being friends

sony killing all nintendo employees while keeping all nintendo stocks and income

:w:- sony gets wasted for their victory

sony kicks microsofts B-hind.

[edit on 5/14/2005 by Schmidt1989]

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I don't know why there is so much Nintendo hate around here. IMO Nintendo's GameCube had some of the best games this gen, especially when it comes to party games. I love my cube, I don't know what my friends and I would do after last call if it weren't for PacMan VS, Super Smash Bros or Donkey Konga.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
microsoft are always chasing sony in this type of buisness
why should it be differnt this ,timemicrosoft dosnt have reputation sony do and i thing the reputation sells

also the N64 was quite a good console but then after that they didnt infest in that type of area

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Infest? You mean invest...

Anyways, why would Sony join Nintendo?

If anything Sony and Microsoft will join and take it to Nintendo like Hitler took it to France.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
If Xbox 360 has the power to create this in-game character:

...then I honestly don't think Ps3 even has a chance.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
about time they caught up to high end 3d Cards.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Pic won't load for me..

Also, unless PS3 uses the same or better then Xbox 360... Which it will.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
It has been released!!!!!!

media.ps3.ign.com...
ps3.ign.com...

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Ok well seing as Nintendo hasn't released much on Revolution I'd say it's pretty stupid to say "Revolution is so much better" or PS3 will blow it out of the water". Thats all just pure guess work. It would be ignorant to make such assumptions until E3 is over at the least.

Anyhow PS3 and X-Box 360 have some pretty interesting tricks up their sleeves going however to be honest I'm disapointed with both in a way. I sort of expected more from a next generation console. When I went from N64 to GC I was blown away despite how great N64 was. This time I'm comparing what I see on all the current gen systems to next gen and my initial response was "looks nice but not much of an improvement".

I'm not much of a hardware geek, I find that usually the system is made by the games. Nintendo had a great system going with GC because it had some really fun games. X-Box had some awesome hardware but all it really had was Halo, most of it's best stuff was out on PC. PS2 pretty much threw away all it's exclusive titles which was it's weakness. So yeah I'm going to make my assumptions mostly on games.

Personally I like what I see on X-Box 360 more than what I see on PS3. PS3 doesn't seem to have a lot of good stuff that intrests me. X-Box 360 on the other hand has shown some good stuff with the Madden games. That and the fact that Halo 3 will most likely be better than anything I've seen on PS3's game list.

The other reason why I'm going to side with X-Box 360 is because of controllers. If the 360's are anywhere near as big as the original X-Box's than oh well, it might be a pain but I'll live. PS3 on the other hand, well how am I supposed to hold one of these?;

I learned a valuble lesson from PS2 about controllers, pretty symetrical designs are nothing unless it's comfortable to hold. Thats why I liked GC's controller.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
why such big like holdy thingies?!?!? Not the controller part but the part where you would grip.... it's like a massive horn! Gamecube dissapointed me.... it did have a game that brought back memories super smash brothers melee.... but other than that I was dissapointed with GC

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join