It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Automatic shotgun for US troops.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
US Army and Marines are testing new toy for use in Iraq - AA12 or Automatic assault shotgun for military use. The Auto Assault 12 (AA12) has a rate of fire of 300-360 rounds per minute and uses either an 8-round box magazine, 20 round drum magazine or 32 round drum mag. it has low recoil thanks to the constant recoil system - the bolt group of the AA12 Automatic Shotgun never impacts the rear of the receiver, but rather runs out on the long 2-stage recoil/operating spring. This action eliminates the majority of felt-recoil, and thus greatly enhances controllability on full-auto. The result is more hits on target.

Besides Marines are testing also new armour piercing ammo for it - high-explosive armored piercing projectiles out to 200 meters. The high-explosive armor piercing projectile uses a shaped charge that has been demonstrated to put a 1 inch hole in quarter-inch steel plate. There is also high explosive fragmentation ammo similar to OICW ammo.
source

The manufacturer calims they also send promo videos on email maufacturer link with email. If someone has the video of this beast can you please post it?

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The website you linked to hosts the videos, themselves.

VIDEOS HERE

edit: Pretty sweet weapon. I wouldn't want to be on the business end of one.

[edit on 5/13/2005 by cohiba]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by cohiba
The website you linked to hosts the videos, themselves.

VIDEOS HERE

edit: Pretty sweet weapon. I wouldn't want to be on the business end of one.

Thank you. I wasn't looking for the videos on the site, because they originally claimed they send it just to the email. Really amazing firepower.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
wow this is really impresive, reminds me of the USAS a bit. This should make a nice addition to our troops shootguns are very effective for some of the combat going on in iraq right now, especially with the new ammo being develop for shootguns these days.

a bit off topic but does anybody know what ever happend to the neostead shotgun, that would have been very usefull for peace keeping and urban warfare. two separate mags which could have been equip with both lethal and non-lethal ammo as the case require (think it had a 12 round capacity).

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
pretty impressive, useful in close quarter combat, dont need to reload for awhile if using the 32 round drum, all the hostage takers be dead by then. of course i prefer the 8 round clip instead.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
pretty impressive, useful in close quarter combat, dont need to reload for awhile if using the 32 round drum, all the hostage takers be dead by then.

Something is telling me the hostages will be gone as well

Seriously, an impressive weapon. I have a question, though -- in close quarter combat, wouldn't a large caliber handgun be more handy (portable, easier to move and shoot)? Like Desert Eagle? It has a lot of power and sure will knock the opponent off their feet. Presumably dead as well.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita

Originally posted by deltaboy
pretty impressive, useful in close quarter combat, dont need to reload for awhile if using the 32 round drum, all the hostage takers be dead by then.

Something is telling me the hostages will be gone as well

Seriously, an impressive weapon. I have a question, though -- in close quarter combat, wouldn't a large caliber handgun be more handy (portable, easier to move and shoot)? Like Desert Eagle? It has a lot of power and sure will knock the opponent off their feet. Presumably dead as well.

shotguns are usually design to break down the doors. that y its speeds up the process wen clearing up rooms and moving on to the next room to clear.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Fairly certain something like this was already in service... can't remember the name of it though

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
A Desert Eagle (assuming you mean the XIX .50AE) is weapon with stunning firepower and psychological effect, but in the field it's no good, it's recoil is so high that you have to fire it in a whole different way.

source

a H&K Mk.23 Mod 0 SOCOM pistol would be much more useful in close quarters.

source

The .45ACP round delivers solid stopping power and hold 12 rounds of it too, it's a bit bulky in your hands and produces more recoil than a 9mm, but otherwise it's a much better gun than the Desert Eagle, the "Dessie" can only hold 7 rounds and that's not a good thing in combat.

We have too many CS people on this board

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The shotgun in the trained hands of a professional is the ultimate in room clearing effeciency.CQB..house to house. Remember too ...these shotguns are not using sporting length barrels...they are 16 inches or so.
I own a Ithica 12 gague police shotgun.with one of the short police type barrels. It is my house gun. It kicks as bad on both ends...so I dont practice with it much. The featherweight is a very light shotgun as these weapons go.
I had the privelege years ago of speaking with some WW2 veterans of the Normandy Invasion. They proceeded from the beachs inland and through the hedgerows and small villages. They told me that many of them turned in their M1 Garands for Thompson .45 automatics. The Garand is a fine weapon they stated but for house to house they wanted a .45 Thompson or a Shotgun. Remember now..back then they had only paper cartridges for shotguns...severly limiting the weather effectiveness of the shotgun. Plastic shells have changed this weakness today.
A fully automatic/selective fire shotgun..Good Grief!!!!!

Thanks ,
Orangetom

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   
well the ammo just doesnt have to be lethal like a slug or buckshot. It can also have non lethal bullets like beanbags or rubber slugs.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kriskaos
well the ammo just doesnt have to be lethal like a slug or buckshot. It can also have non lethal bullets like beanbags or rubber slugs.

true, but its better to kill the enemy than to stun them, they can recover and press the button to kill everyone with explosives or fire into the hostages crowded in the corner.

new topics

top topics

join