It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mythological Creatures Are Possible

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 06:48 PM
link   
What does a lizard with a jet-pack have to do with this conversation? Nice work... but I'm confused. Reptoids don't really fall into the 'mythical' category as much as alien or cryptozoological.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 11:50 PM
link   
That flying reptoid looks like Barney the dinosaur

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 12:23 AM
link   
If people believe in supernatural god/s, along with demons, angels, aliens...

Why not creatures and uniques species. Virgin births are rare and have happened, life in the middle of nothing thrives and everyone can communicate instantaniously the world over.

Sure, anything is possible.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
I think alot of mythological creatures were simply the monsters that are talked about in the bible. Sorry I cannot quote the book/verse. These were created when the sons of god mated with the daughters of man.

Only one is referred to.

Genesis 6:1-4

1 When men began to multiply on the face of the ground, and daughters were born to them, 2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were fair; and they took to wife such of them as they chose. 3 Then the LORD said, "My spirit shall not abide in man for ever, for he is flesh, but his days shall be a hundred and twenty years." 4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men that were of old, the men of renown.

I do not think this encompasses all mythical creatures.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Dwarves exist - true dwarves.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf
i agree. Many mythical creatures could have been genetic mutations. I heard of a cat being born with wings but it couldn't fly. I dont know if it was true or not.

That's a skin diseases.
Humans and cats can both get it.
Cats have excess skin building over their shoulder blades, so they look like wings.
Humans also have excess skin growing out of their shouder blades..

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
I think alot of mythological creatures were simply the monsters that are talked about in the bible. Sorry I cannot quote the book/verse. These were created when the sons of god mated with the daughters of man.

NephraTari, you were correct in referring to the Nephilim, however, those were human-like beings and described as giants who were concieved from a game of angel and human slap and tickle. I believe the monsters groingrinder was referring to is the behemoth mentioned in Job:

Job 40

15 "Look at the behemoth,
which I made along with you
and which feeds on grass like an ox.

16 What strength he has in his loins,
what power in the muscles of his belly!

17 His tail sways like a cedar;
the sinews of his thighs are close-knit.

18 His bones are tubes of bronze,
his limbs like rods of iron.

19 He ranks first among the works of God,
yet his Maker can approach him with his sword.

20 The hills bring him their produce,
and all the wild animals play nearby.

21 Under the lotus plants he lies,
hidden among the reeds in the marsh.

22 The lotuses conceal him in their shadow;
the poplars by the stream surround him.

23 When the river rages, he is not alarmed;
he is secure, though the Jordan should surge against his mouth.

Speculation has pointed to this behemoth as a hippopotamus or an elephant. Referring to Job 40:21 & 23, the mention of a marsh and the River Jordan lead me to believe that the former is more probable than the latter, however, hippos do not have tails that sway like cedars. Some think that the elephant is more likely to be referenced in this passage where the elephant's trunk is mistaken as a tail because of its unfamiliar form (resembling what most would interpret as a tail if seen from a distance) - I find this idea less likely due to the context of a marsh and river dwelling beast.

In either case we should assume that this beast doesn't currently exist as described in Job.

[edit on 10-6-2005 by Howard the Dolphin]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join