It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AIDS Crisis May Alter Religious Views

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

I'm surprise they believe AIDs is considered God's punishment. To me i dink of it as a self punishment for not using condoms wen having sex.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Really? Punishment from God for not using condoms? Could you point me in the Biblical direction about conom usage?

Funny thing about AIDS. It is a disease that could be totally controlled and then removed were we to simply act in a moral manner.

As far as condoms, seeing how the HIV virus is smaller than the holes in latex, the condom only decreases the chance of IADS, it is not 100% protection. You are still playing Russian roulette.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Really? Punishment from God for not using condoms? Could you point me in the Biblical direction about conom usage?

Funny thing about AIDS. It is a disease that could be totally controlled and then removed were we to simply act in a moral manner.

As far as condoms, seeing how the HIV virus is smaller than the holes in latex, the condom only decreases the chance of IADS, it is not 100% protection. You are still playing Russian roulette.

maybe u should read the second part of my sentence. i say im surprise the religious people think God is punishing people who has AIDs. the second part of my sentence is that in my own opinion that God has nothing to do with the punishment and that its people who suffer for themselves for negligence and not by certain God.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
"Funny thing about AIDS. It is a disease that could be totally controlled and then removed were we to simply act in a moral manner. "

maybe if we ALL acted in a moral manner......maybe..

but, well, the actions of another can and does cause innocents to have aids..

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Yeah if only people would ignore thier basic biological imperatives, AIDS could be stopped.

And if wishes were horses beggars would ride.

People are not going to stop having sex anytime soon.

Regardless of your wishes, not everyone shares your views on what constitutes "morality", some people seem to think it has more to do with how you treat your fellow humans than who you have sex with. A certain amount of risk is inherent in life, people don't stop driving cars because they might die in an accident (statistically far more likely than getting AIDS from sex), and there aren't billions of years of evolution driving people to want to drive cars.

Condoms are our best bet in fighting the spread of AIDS, period.
They may only be 97% or 99% effective, that's still a hell of a lot better than 0%. Look at the massive decline of new infections in Western countries, and tell me that safer sex practices are not helping...

Pretending people are going to stop having sex is dangerously naive.

[edit on 5/13/05 by xmotex]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
whether God, or simply "karma," there are consequences for your actions. promiscuity leads to sickness, just like over-eating leads to fatness.

the implication from a christian's perspective (at least the reasonable ones) is that there are natural repercussions to almost all things and they are usually something detrimental. to call it a "punishment" is taking it to it's furthest extent. imho, it should be looked at as; "you get what you ask for."

daved

[edit] - i want to clarify... with all things earthly, perfection in process is not a possibility. therefore, there are those who will be affected by other's consequences. i.e. a child developing aids in the womb, etc. this by no means should implicate that the child is guilty of the action that it is suffering effect from.

[edit on 5/13/2005 by Dasher]

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
"Funny thing about AIDS. It is a disease that could be totally controlled and then removed were we to simply act in a moral manner. "

maybe if we ALL acted in a moral manner......maybe..

but, well, the actions of another can and does cause innocents to have aids..

I dont think that the world governments had a hand in creating AIDS, but look to how slow they are to combating it. Its clear that the richest countries in the world want Africa to die off from AIDS. What, something like 30% of Africa is infected, and increasing rapidly. There are natural resources in Africa that are wanted. Think about the economics of killing entire villages off.

The world would have to provide less financiall assistance, less food assistance, and peacekeeping efforts would drop. The savings would be in the trillions of dollars.

A cure is entirely possible, but not at all high priority.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 04:18 AM
link   
The ideal situation is only to have sex with those you plan to have a committment with. Sex gets used as a recreational drug. I'm guilty, but it's a bad road. This isn't about slipping on a condom, it's about morality. Since when does a moral get shoved aside as "outdated." Folks, whether you read the good book or follow a religion of any kind or not, it is a sane and rational decision to have sex with only those you plan to stay with, bottom line. It significantly lessens your chances of even having an unwanted pregnancy or getting an STD, period. When morals are shoved aside, and the media says, "yeah, go out there and have lots of sex with anyone you want, as long as you put on a condom," we are headed in the wrong direction.

Man, I know how raging hormones are. Sex isn't bad, it's just the way it is being used. Be intellegent about it. Now, obviously, if Permiscuous Pete is going to have sex before he is married, no matter what, then he should be wearing condoms.

Troy

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
Condoms are our best bet in fighting the spread of AIDS, period.
They may only be 97% or 99% effective, that's still a hell of a lot better than 0%. Look at the massive decline of new infections in Western countries, and tell me that safer sex practices are not helping...

Pretending people are going to stop having sex is dangerously naive.

Where do you live? AIDS is on the rise not decline, especially in younger people. They're just not getting tested!

No sooner I finished writing this, I saw a special report done on AIDS. The CDC confirms that every 7 seconds someone new gets AIDS.

[edit on 15-5-2005 by Graystar]

new topics

top topics

join