It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq is no War for Oil!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I think that the Iraq war is more about strategic positioning and the control of future oil reserves more than the situation as it stands now. Iraq is in a highly tenable position militarily and geographically. The same might also be said for North Korea.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I hope in the end everyone will understand that the USA has done this for freedom and to create a safer world.

Hey man.....take no offense, but you have got to be in dreamland to believe that.

The US just like all other nations will only do things that benefit the policy makers as a whole. There are few exceptions, tsunami aid, to name one. But they are few and far between.

And that's coming from someone who is pro-US. Other than that..good post

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
It's about oil to a degree, but more immediately it's about ideology and power. The neoconservative movement finally has a strong hold on the machinery of american power, and wanted Iraq, which they thought would be a cake walk, to be an example before the american body politic that force and pre-emption were viable methods of securing U.S. interests, one of the prime tenants of their beliefs. America would be better off, they claim, joining the ranks of those other happy, prosperous nations that espoused a similar philosophy. Like, oh, wait, there's only one.. Israel. But while Israel is surrounded on all sides by enemies and depends on massive military aid handouts to stay afloat, America's roads to success were not so limited, given our mighty trade empire and, before Iraq, allies around the world. Needless to say they failed on the tactical front, but their political strategy of scaring the people to a degree they would vote for any monkey who talked tough enough seems to have been a success.

-koji K.

[edit on 13-5-2005 by koji_K]

[edit on 13-5-2005 by koji_K]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
While i never think that the war in iraq is all about oil but oil is part of it. here is what i think they are in iraq for.

objective 1. secure one of the worlds largest oil fields before some other future superpower takes them.

objective 2. secure the region, therefore have the ability to have military bases there and run operations in the area.

objective 3. take saddam out

objective 4. rebuild iraq so that corporations can gain all the tax dollars that hard working americans bleed and work so hard for it.

Conclusion: good for the rich and powerful bad for your Average joe.
and also estabish military domination in the region.

just my 2 cents
correct me if i am wrong.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
This was supposed to be a month long war and then, let the oil flow. But we still haven't learned our lesson when it comes to being over-confident. In the middle of this war and on the threash-hold on a war with Iran, we tell the world were so confident that we can now, shut 33 military bases and throw the military complex into chaos. And for those of you who will argue that shutting bases will be no strain--you have no idea what chaos the military is already, in.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 05:20 AM
link   
how can u say that the iraq war wasn't about oil? granted its not reason enough for an invasion, but it most definately reason number one, and an overriding one at that.

As an example, Australia (were im from) not too long ago 'liberated' east timor from those evil indonesians. Granted, they really did need liberation. And so was our reason for invasion. And so we did, invade, and liberate them. It took as long as we thought it would, being such a kindhearted people as we are we kept civilian casualties to an absolute minimum. Now a few years afterwards we hear all this stuff about east timors oil fields. Now their government (east timors) get something like 17 % of profits generated from them, Australia, gets pretty much the rest. Granted, we fought a war, liberated them, built up their industries, their oil capacities etc etc. And now we get something like 80 % of oil productions, now it makes me think about our orginal intentions about liberation. Now this is Australia, we are the lucky country, we have respect for most peoples and nations, considerably a lot more than America and americans, considering our close proximity to much of the world.

Now if thats what we're doing, i hate to think how the bush admin's screwing over iraq and its peoples. Considering the amount spent blowing it apart, how much is the world spending reconstructing? and who gets to reconstruct?

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 06:24 AM
link   
For oil? im sure it was an added bonus but it wasnt the primary reason, the

primary reason is most likely future ops.

[edit on 16-5-2005 by C0le]

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Holding onto Iraq will provide a "trump" card for keeping the European Union, Russia and the emerging Asian economic powers under control. Its quite simple, really.

There is no enemy anywhere - Lao Tse

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   
It's about oil, dominating OPEC and providing military and energy security for Israel.

www.globalpolicy.org...

www.globalpolicy.org...

reclaimdemocracy.org...

www.janes.com...

It's also about repaying the people who put the educationally-sub normal chimp in the White House in the first place

www.globalpolicy.org...

www.globalpolicy.org...

www.globalpolicy.org...

Keep watching Fox!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join