It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: U.S. Border Patrol Agents Told Not To Make Arrests

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
U.S. Border Patrol Agents have been told not to make arrests along the border in Arizona. Over a dozen agents and at least one Colorado Representative have confirmed the orders, however the Chief of Border Patrol is denying such orders have been given.

www.washtimes.com
U.S. Border Patrol agents have been ordered not to arrest illegal aliens along the section of the Arizona border where protesters patrolled last month because an increase in apprehensions there would prove the effectiveness of Minuteman volunteers, The Washington Times has learned.

More than a dozen agents, all of whom asked not to be identified for fear of retribution, said orders relayed by Border Patrol supervisors at the Naco, Ariz., station made it clear that arrests were "not to go up" along the 23-mile section of border that the volunteers monitored to protest illegal immigration.

"It was clear to everyone here what was being said and why," said one veteran agent. "The apprehensions were not to increase after the Minuteman volunteers left. It was as simple as that."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Wow... talk about a conspiracy. It is obvious the Border Patrol does not want the Minutemen to look like they are making a difference, so they are going to stop working!

What kind of policy is this?!?!? I am baffeled and confused as to why the government does not want the help of the minutemen. This gives a lot of support to the theory that "the powers that be" want immigrants to enter the country because they provide cheap labor, and increase the gap between wealthy and rich, effectively creating a slave class within our society.

[edit on 5/13/2005 by cohiba]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Why are you baffled? You answered your own question.

CHEAP LABOR.

Why bother moving your company to a foreign country when you can pay them 5 dollars an hour here?

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Why dowsn't the government just roll out a red carpet that says, " Come on in terrorists. We won't stop you." WTF

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
There are so few real terrorists in the world with the means to attack America. If your government really wanted to protect you all from these legitimate threats they would be able to easily.

They ham up the threat to get intrusive and draconian laws passed which only make their real job, making money, easier.

Your border with Mexico is leaky for a reason. If they didnt want Mexicans to enter your country they'd have a U.S marine every 20ft along the border with orders to shoot.

Like mentioned above, they want their cheap labour!

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
And politicians wonder why we have unemployment problems, a medical system tied up in knots, gang problems etc. I'm pretty sick of all of this. In truth our goverment isn't bad, it's just there to help us. However the idiots in control of the goverment seem to have other plans in mind. If only the minuteman group was allowed to make arrests, if only politicians cared about the people instead of themselves so much.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Looking around my area, I see many many Latinos who did not live here a few years ago. I am firmly convinced that a large proportion of them are not legal immigrants. I have seen none employed as migrant farm workers.

When I see them working, generally the entire crew is comrised of people who appear to be Latino or Chicano. My own observation has been that they are predominantly employed on road crews, housing construction and housekeeping.

I know several contractors who have lost bids to others who employ illegal immigrants. I've heard complaints that these crews tend to "throw the houses together" at an alarming rate, and that inferior building materials are often used by them.

These are just generalizations based upon my own observations, but it leads me to conclude that many well-paying jobs are being taken by illegal immigrants. This defeats the argument that we should let them come on in and take the "low wage jobs that Americans won't have".

I am very disturbed by reading of how the Naco office has told their agents to stand down. It's even more disturbing to read that Border Patrol Chief David Aguilar has attempted to discredit all of those agents who have spoken out anonymously about this as liars.

It is glaringly obvious at this point that there must be some sort of conspiracy to allow full scale immigration from Mexico. Since so many other American jobs have been outsourced or otherwise shipped overseas, this leads to a very bleak outlook for the American economy as a whole.

I feel the wind of change blowing through our nation, and it chills me to the bone.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
This is hitting all the cable news channels and all the commentators, including FoxNews, are saying this with that tone of voice that says "This is the stupidist thing I have ever heard" and "what is going on out there on the border". I have heard the news guys say things with that tone of voice that says they really don't believe something, but the way they are talking about this news article is just unreal.

Who is responsible for this word to the border patrol guys. Whoever it is should be arrested as a traitor, if not taken out back given a severe talking to .. you know the way the Drill Instructor used to take you out back and instruct you in the proper way of standing at attention ....

I live on the border and it is getting worse every day .. there are more cars with Mexican license plates on them on the highways then there are cars with Texas plates ..

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
OK, so for once, it looks like most of us agree on something. This is B.S., and it's happening right under our noses, in our own backyard.

So, what can we do about it? Somehow I don't think posting it on ATSNN is enough....

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
In this related ATS discussion thread, Border Patrol told to stand down in Arizona, you will find the following links to sites where you can find out more about how you can help with this growing problem.

Frosty Woolridge - What you can do

Americans for Legal Immigration

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Write your Senators and your members of Congress even if you did not vote for them and complain big time. Some will listen some will not.

Hopefully more will listen then not, but I would say if you do not sponsor a bill on this issue I am not voting for you again. They do not know who voted for them and that should get their attention fast considering the fact they might loose their job, that is what I have done.

[edit on 5/13/2005 by shots]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
So far it hasn't been picked up by other news agencies. I'll wait for another source. Rev. Moon isn't the best source for news. He makes FOX look legtimate

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I'm not seeing it picked up by any news sites at all. I do see it being picked up in blogs and WorldNetDaily, which is a tabloid. "WashingtonTimes" is not a major newspaper in the nation's capital.

Given some of the goofs on the rest of the site (like incomplete news stories), I'm beginning to have some serious doubts, here...

edited to add: this is why we ask for more than one news source. At this point the lack of other people picking it up (including legitimate conservative news sources) is beginning to look suspicious.

[edit on 13-5-2005 by Byrd]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
FOX News is carrying this story live on TV, but with the caveat that they haven't been able to confirm it and the government denies it.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by cohiba
... because an increase in apprehensions there would prove the effectiveness of Minuteman volunteers, The Washington Times has learned.

"The apprehensions were not to increase after the Minuteman volunteers left. It was as simple as that."

This is deliberate and willful obstruction of justice on the part the government. To contrive some sort of proof that these minutemen were ineffective provides conclusive evidence that they were effective. And all because they want to be right.

Why even have a border patrol? Why not just let everyone in from all directions?

I can certainly understand the governments fear of having groups of Americans organizing and taking up arms to do the job that they are supposed to be doing. That comes awfully close to what the declaration of independence was written for.

When something the government is doing (or in this case, not doing) is wrong, the people have not only the right, but the responsibility to take action. The government definitely does not want that!

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
www.washtimes.com has no more credability than Aljzeera.

I think you are confusing it for the www.washingtonpost.com... which is a major newspaper like the NYTimes, Baltimore Sun and many other "real" newspapers

[edit on 13/5/2005 by SportyMB]

[edit on 13/5/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I wouldn't slam the Washington Times so quickly...I wouldn't doubt that there's some truth to this story, even if it's just one renegade manager who made a stupid order.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Want to help make a difference? go to Americans for Legal Immigration:

www.alipac.us...

Also go to Frosty Woolrdige:

www.frostywooldridge.com...

You can't think for 2 seconds that our government isn't aware of what is going on. There are over 30 million illegal immigrants already here. It is bankrupting out hospitals, prisons and school and Socail Security (which they have never paid a dime into but can and do recieve from).

They are bringing in 3rd world diseases such as leoprosy, tuberculosis and many more. In 10 years we will have no water supply for over population. If this goes on we will soon be just another 3rd world country.

Illigal immigrants have significantly brough down blue collar workers who once earned $16-$28 an hour, now they make between $6 - $8 an hour.

Something HAS to be done NOW!

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
U.S. policy has always seemed to be to keep Mexico poor. Where's any carrot - and - stick approach to the leaders telling them "Hey - spend some more money on education and colleges and your economy!"

For that matter, as far as I can tell it's ILLEGAL to start a labor union in Mexico. Talk about keeping wages low!

Don't blame people for wanting a better life. And don't blame them too much for coming over here illegally since we have nodded and winked for decades about this. It is possible to disapprove of our government's policy of stupidity without being mean. You can even make friends.

I live in a place that nods and winks. Construction wages are either down or have not changed since '98. Yes, it sucks, and yes, we are having to pick up the tab for medical care, law enforcement, drunk driving, etc.

WE should kidnap the entire Mexican government and all their multi-millionaires and demand ransom! Then use the money to pay those social bills. That would be fair. Just kidding. Sort of.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noumenon
For that matter, as far as I can tell it's ILLEGAL to start a labor union in Mexico.

Huh? Mexico was founded by unions.

Anyway, I give up. I going to start siding with the racist isolationists on ATS. I think its a great idea to arrest everyone. Really, I do. By the time you're done paying for the administrative cost, the govt will be bankrupt and the so-called border will disappear as govt paychecks become worthless. Not to mention as the economy of the Southwest collapses. So arrest away. Make my day.

I think these threads should go on RATS. They are embarassing. That way people searching for 'mexican bashing', 'border paranoia' and so on won't find ATS in the search results. Further, instead of charging ATS points to get in, charge $5 a month. Then we can donate $2.50 a month to human rights watch.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MauiStacey
You can't think for 2 seconds that our government isn't aware of what is going on. There are over 30 million illegal immigrants already here. It is bankrupting out hospitals, prisons and school and Socail Security (which they have never paid a dime into but can and do recieve from).

Actually, politics.abovetopsecret.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Illegal Immigrants Are Bolstering Social Security With Billions without ever receiving benefits.

They are bringing in 3rd world diseases such as leoprosy, tuberculosis and many more. In 10 years we will have no water supply for over population. If this goes on we will soon be just another 3rd world country.

You forgot cooties, polio, and the gout! Third world diseases! Oh noes111

top topics

<<   2 >>

join