It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PODCast

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Sounds interesting.. anybody got a few clues to share?

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I just saw it as well

PODcasts

ATS PODcasts are coming soon. Watch for the announcements.

Another example of ATS continously evolving

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Let's just say that you will be pleasantly surprised...

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
POD casts
could it be to do with short info on living things
just an idea as i heard something about pod news on t.v

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Hmm...

The icon is an iPod and the word cast in technological terms means....

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
A Podcast is putting audio or video files online in a way that Podcasting software automatically downloads the new ones. Dunno if this is the way that ATS is gonna use it, tho it looks probable since it has an iPod as an icon.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Will you have to have an ipod to take advantage of this new option when it premiers?

[edit on 5/13/05 by Kidfinger]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
A Podcast is putting audio or video files online in a way that Podcasting software automatically downloads the new ones. Dunno if this is the way that ATS is gonna use it,

Yes. We're planning our first ones right now.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
So, all of us mods get our own ipods for his, right? So we can ensure the quality of the broadcasts, yeah thats the ticket, quality.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Oh, but I'm too cheap to get an Ipod. Would it work with my Windows Media Player?

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Maybe AboveTopSecret could get a sponsorship from Apple.com, maybe supply some of the members with Ipods. Hey it worked for my Fraternity a couple of years back with the new I-Pod Minis.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
Will you have to have an ipod to take advantage of this new option when it premiers?

[edit on 5/13/05 by Kidfinger]

If its like a conventional Podcast then no. You wouldnt even need an MP3 player. But well, ATS isnt that conventional.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
we need an ipod to experience this new feature???

thanks...

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
How will the downloads take place? Wil we have to download it off of a central server OR will it be through Bittorrent? I would hope it's bittorrent as that woulfd reduce the bandwidth overhead of ATS for this new service. Either way

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I should have phrased my question differently..

Is ATS planning some kind of show, and if so what can we expect? 24/7 live feeds, news bulletins, a SG and SO musical duet?

I also think you should take it one step further and install web cams in your house, just like in big brother.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mickmeaney
I should have phrased my question differently..

Is ATS planning some kind of show, and if so what can we expect? 24/7 live feeds, news bulletins, a SG and SO musical duet?

I also think you should take it one step further and install web cams in your house, just like in big brother.

the conspiracy is not know yet...

dont you love suprises???

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mickmeaney
Is ATS planning some kind of show

Yes.

PODcasts are MP3 files available via a special RSS feed. Most management software for your MP3 players (or computer-based audio file management) can subscribe to RSS feeds that specify audio file attachments. When a new file is available, you're software will automatically grab it, and you can listen when you like.

We'll be experimenting with several forms of this new feature. First, select staff and members will create audio programming from important board topics. Once we get that working well, we'll accepted submissions from members to be included in our feeds.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Well then, that's going to be very interesting and popular indeed.

I hope there's enough bandwidth to get this off the ground. Looking forward to throwing ideas at you in time. Best of luck with it.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Cool Idea then.

I love it, it's like a downloadable version of Coast to Coast.

Will there be a selection of topics to choose a download from, or will there be just one or two things strictly focused on?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join