It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are the Pharacees in our world?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The bible talks about many coming in the name of Christ but not being of Christ... Who are the ones in our world with power over there congragation who are not right with God or actually against God?

The bible speaks of Pharacees

Why don't we hear about these people in modern times

If we are indeed living in the End times as fundimental christianity preaches then now would be a good time to reveal who the Pharacees in our world are?

In my view Pat Robertson could be one....

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I would lean more to Roman Catholic Church officials, but that's just my opinion.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
The bible talks about many coming in the name of Christ but not being of Christ... Who are the ones in our world with power over there congragation who are not right with God or actually against God?

The bible speaks of Pharacees

Why don't we hear about these people in modern times

Because the sect (it was a branch of the Jewish religion) died out quite some time ago.

www.newadvent.org...

They were conservative Jews, who adhered strongly to the old traditions (which is why they rejected Christianity and Jesus... the Messianic tradition of the Jews says that the Messiah will be completely human and will be a great war leader. The Messiah of the Christians is quite different than what the Jews of now (and back then) taught:
en.wikipedia.org...

Their name became a "bad word" among the disciples and early Christians, probably because they viewed the Christians as a bunch of nuts who were following some dead religious leader and that they were trying to make this dead wandering prophet into the War Leader of the Jews (the Jewish Messiah.)

If we are indeed living in the End times as fundimental christianity preaches then now would be a good time to reveal who the Pharacees in our world are?

We're not living in the End Times. Things are, in fact, a lot better than they were in the Middle Ages and lots better than they were in 10 AD (I can't kidnap you and your family and force you to work as slaves in my gold mines, for instance. I can't take your family's children away from them. I can't order someone killed just because I don't like them and get away with it.)

In modern time, Pharasee means (loosely) "Someone that we think is Evil." It has nothing to do with their religion or anything else. It's just "someone who is blocking MY religion from taking over the world and I hope the Deity of My Choice smites those Pharasees."

new topics

join