It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain Warns of Possible UN Action Against Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
British Prime Minister Tony Blair says Britain would support the consideration of U.N. sanctions against Iran if Tehran carries out a threat to resume controversial work on its nuclear program.

Mr. Blair made his comments amid signs that Iran's European negotiating partners are growing tired of the impasse over Iran's efforts to process uranium that could fuel a nuclear energy plant, or an atomic bomb."

www.voanews.com...

Let the games begin and hurrah for Mr. Blair for haveing the guts to speak the truth. Negotiation with Iran is STUPID.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
come on Iran have Russia and China to Veto an resolution by The US/EU put forward to empose UN sanctions on Iran.
Iran have been playing the cards right with china and russia

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Ha!
What are we going to do?
Send the RN to "Deal" with these "insulont" arabs..lol
Mabye send the army to teach these damm forigners a lesson.
Thank you hoon....

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Maybe Blair and his nutjob yesmen currently back in power ought to spend a bit more time sorting out our own internal problems before calling for aggression against another country that has not threatened us.
Nobody has yet shown any credible evidence of an Iranian nuclear weapons program, only rhetoric and assumptions/speculation.

We have our own crazies at establishments like Porton Down continually working on nasties that could end us all but that's ok, they're our own and therefore not evil, unlike anyone elses WMD developers.
I'd sooner stick Blair and all the other headcases that fund NCB weapons and develop ever more nastier ways to kill people against a wall and shoot the lot of them for the sake of the human race. After all, it's the "leaders" that drag us into conflict but will never lift a finger to fight themselves, nor will any of their family members, safe in their bunkers while the rest of us fry or die in agony from chemical or biological weapons.

I guess that has always been the way of the world though. Those in power will always seek more power and influence and use the rest of us to fight for it. Blair and Bush had already agreed to invade Iraq long before going public with any plans and they seem to be playing the same game now with Iran. The plans were probably drawn up the same time as those for Iraq.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Maybe Blair and his nutjob yesmen currently back in power ought to spend a bit more time sorting out our own internal problems before calling for aggression against another country that has not threatened us.
Nobody has yet shown any credible evidence of an Iranian nuclear weapons program, only rhetoric and assumptions/speculation.

We have our own crazies at establishments like Porton Down continually working on nasties that could end us all but that's ok, they're our own and therefore not evil, unlike anyone elses WMD developers.
I'd sooner stick Blair and all the other headcases that fund NCB weapons and develop ever more nastier ways to kill people against a wall and shoot the lot of them for the sake of the human race. After all, it's the "leaders" that drag us into conflict but will never lift a finger to fight themselves, nor will any of their family members, safe in their bunkers while the rest of us fry or die in agony from chemical or biological weapons.

I guess that has always been the way of the world though. Those in power will always seek more power and influence and use the rest of us to fight for it. Blair and Bush had already agreed to invade Iraq long before going public with any plans and they seem to be playing the same game now with Iran. The plans were probably drawn up the same time as those for Iraq.

Good post Britguy and i agree with ever thing you say. Perhaps the loss of his big majority will now make him think again about being a poodle to George Bush.If they want a 4th term hes got to listen to the people of Britain getting fed up with all these pointless wars.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Do you not think the UN should be a little more concerned with North Korea right now? Oh no, Iran has oil and the weakening of the state would be of huge benefit to Israel. Man, do I need to get my priorities sorted!!

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
To be honest i don't see what these Countries will gain by having nuclear weapons , they cant use them without being eradicated themselves.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
It's not the oil specifically but more likely the upcoming Iranian led oil consortium plans to sell oil priced in Euros rather than the weakening US Dollar. If other countries followed suit it could have disastrous effects on the already huge US debt.

new topics

top topics

join