It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You dont like USA but you want your cake and eat it too

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Whats up with the world? Oh the USA is shooting people in Afghanistan and Iraq
and everyone from other countries are saying this is wrong, and wanting the USA to leave. But when were not shooting and handing out money, food, clothing, medical supplies, shelter, etc... the world says come here USA and help me I will take what you have to give. So when the job starts getting dirty eveyone starts hating America, how ridiculous! What Americans are not allowed to defend theirselves? We should allow people to blow us up and shoot at us, and burn our belongings. Now thats crazy! Sit back and let you kill me, thats not what man does... just like any animal in the world... survival is the key.You the world of hypocrits say its wrong to do this, to protect ourselves, and to help those who want help. Look at the big picture if we leave Afghanistan or Iraq in days it will be right back how it was, the wealthy power hungry people killing the poor. I guess that is what you want.

Will you allow people to riot and burn down your house, maybe bomb your store, or burn your child.... I hope not. But thats what it sounds like you want them to do. If you dont want someone to stop this, it is going to happen more and more.

Do you think that the person blowing up people and stores is going to stop after the USA leaves, no their not. Their going to be the ones controlling Iraq and Afghanistan and killing everyone who opposes them, their own brothers and sisters. How crazy is that? But I will say as long as my USA is there we should protect ourselves with all force and help those in need.

[edit on 13-5-2005 by ncbrian211]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Ok, where to start?

#1 I agree with your sentiment 100%

#2 Paragraphs are your friend

#3 Visit this website IMMEDIATLY: Grammar lessons

#4 Although some of us are behind you 100%, these boards are very anti American, prepare to be flamed

#5 Please, before you defend America for us, see numbers 2 and 3

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   
To be honest, most other countries are jealous over America's dominance! We have no real rival which makes the rest of the world uncomfortable.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   
not intended to have good grammer, just stating a point.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Firstly, I'm from Australia. US doesn't give my country a damn thing. So you might want to be a bit more specific about who you aim your posts at rather than "the world".

Secondly (for our little friend 3rd post down), I am quite happy for the US to be the super power. I have plenty of American friends and don't have a problem at all with supporting America in the right circumstances. I just don't care at all for your racist genocidal fundamentalist religious right wing zealots, some of who post their crap on these boards. Your claim of "jealousy" is the most ridiculous load of crap I have ever heard in my life. I'm quite happy being Joe Nobody in an inconsequential country. I think it is you who, as a single individual, takes great pleasure out of thinking the world is jealous of YOU the SINGLE INDIVIDUAL through the fact that you government is globally powerful. In the end, you are just a nobody too, like me. Albeit one with a personal inferiority complex. The wage would have to be extraordinarily high for me to consider moving the the US, and in these days of electronic data transfer and instant communication I don't need to consider it at all.

I hope I have made this "Jealousy" issue very damn clear for the last time.

[edit on 13-5-2005 by cargo]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
ncbrian211,

I actually don’t have an issue with bad grammar. You should hear the way I talk sometimes! But when you try to make an argument using terrible grammar, you lose a great deal of impact. People won’t take you as seriously as you may want them to.

Now, in person you may be the most intelligent around, but on paper grammar like this doesn’t show it, makes a weaker argument.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I'm prone to a little flag waving once in awhile. What I find shameful are our own backstabbing LIBERALS that berate our country. Even worse, the stinkin' celebrities that fly overseas and do it. Who puts all that money in their pockets?
I think that any celebrities that start slinging mud at the US overseas should be banned from the country...at least have the cojones to do it here...

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Guy from Australia,

How many post are on these boards bashing the US? What is the root cause of this is not jealousy? Let me guess, the US government is corrupt, yada yada. Please, go spew your crap somewhere else.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I was just stating this in a generic term

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ncbrian211
Whats up with the world? Oh the USA is shooting people in Afghanistan and Iraq
and everyone from other countries are saying this is wrong, and wanting the USA to leave. But when were not shooting and handing out money, food, clothing, medical supplies, shelter, etc... the world says come here USA and help me I will take what you have to give. So when the job starts getting dirty eveyone starts hating America, how ridiculous! What Americans are not allowed to defend theirselves? We should allow people to blow us up and shoot at us, and burn our belongings. Now thats crazy! Sit back and let you kill me, thats not what man does... just like any animal in the world... survival is the key.You the world of hypocrits say its wrong to do this, to protect ourselves, and to help those who want help. Look at the big picture if we leave Afghanistan or Iraq in days it will be right back how it was, the wealthy power hungry people killing the poor. I guess that is what you want.

Will you allow people to riot and burn down your house, maybe bomb your store, or burn your child.... I hope not. But thats what it sounds like you want them to do. If you dont want someone to stop this, it is going to happen more and more.

Do you think that the person blowing up people and stores is going to stop after the USA leaves, no their not. Their going to be the ones controlling Iraq and Afghanistan and killing everyone who opposes them, their own brothers and sisters. How crazy is that? But I will say as long as my USA is there we should protect ourselves with all force and help those in need.

I agree with you 100% unfortunately about 65% of this site will strongly disagree with you because thats the kind of community it is, No offense to anyone on this web site, but I found that more than half this site is extremely liberal, please do not take offense to that being a liberal can be a good thing if we didn't have you guys standing in the cold for 8 hours in-front of the capital building protesting the war what would stop bush from sending more troops into Iraq. Its just the way American politics works essentially what you have is an equilibrium of two sides one at the other extreme.
Unfortunately for us SOME of the world thinks were all war-loving Conservatives because at this point in time we are fighting several wars, the truth of the matter is there are people in our own country that do not want this war in-fact about half the population (lets face it, it was pretty obvious if Kerry was elected our boys would be coming home) and people wanted that, thats why they voted for him. With all that being said the problem is a lot of country's (not pointing any fingers) are being bias there not jealous, its sad but we are often viewed as extremely conservative, war-loving, over weight, racist, ugly, oil for food stealing, EXTREMELY Catholic , Rodnie king beating, corporate corrupted, Cheating, Crack addict, Red neck hypocrites and thats simply not fair to paint us with that brush. I am not saying the whole world sees us that way but there are places that do including people in the USA. I have even seen some people claim that we are destroying our selfs and comparing us to Nazi Germany, those are the TYPE of people I am talking about when I say bias. To anyone who fails to understand what I am saying. I am from the USA .. I am not the one being bias here, yes were definitely not the "BEST" country in the world but we certainly are a peaceful nation who loves freedom and will do what ever we have to, to protect it and spread it, were not imperialist or crusaders were just proving some ideologies for places in the world that is considered by all a tyranny and all we have to do is look at the grim reality and see how the corrupt rain terror over the poor with cold blooded murder and corruption.]

[edit on 13-5-2005 by iksmodnad]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by BadMojo
I'm prone to a little flag waving once in awhile. What I find shameful are our own backstabbing LIBERALS that berate our country. Even worse, the stinkin' celebrities that fly overseas and do it. Who puts all that money in their pockets?
I think that any celebrities that start slinging mud at the US overseas should be banned from the country...at least have the cojones to do it here...

Amen to that Mojo and ncbrian211.

To the Grammer-bashers....are you MF'ing English teachers? The message is a good one and I would rather read a good post written by a good American with poor grammer, than a America-bashing post from college educated Liberal who Hates his own country.

Cargo, Subcane is right...take your Hatred of America to another thread. You start foaming at the mouth everytime you say our name.

Max

[edit on 083131p://555 by LA_Maximus]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Bullcrap!!

Does Cargo show he hates the U.S.? In that post? I think not.

But anyway, I knew this thread would turn into a conservative vs liberal nonsense, so I moved it here. When will you people realise you will remain ignorant as long as you play along with that polarization nonsense?

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
What I don't get

How come threads like This Don't get moved but this one does?

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
BadMojo/La-Max,

"What I find shameful are our own backstabbing LIBERALS that berate our country. Even worse, the stinkin' celebrities that fly overseas and do it. Who puts all that money in their pockets?
I think that any celebrities that start slinging mud at the US overseas should be banned from the country...at least have the cojones to do it here"

Here we go again.

Badmouthing liberals for speaking their minds and having the courage of their convictions whilst ignoring the blatant hypocrisy of those of a conservative slant who claim to love America but will not spend a few bucks to protect the troops they sent to an illegal overseas war.

This is not a "I HATE AMERICANS OR THE US" post, because I don't

What I do find shameful and perverse is the current administration.

Their attempts to smear others is obscene. The current crop of immoral, corrupt, perverted criminals have perpetrated the greatest fraud since the creation of “God”.

They say one thing and do the opposite. Their actions make lie to their words.

Paedophiles who claim they are for a return to family values.
Self professed patriots who do their best to strip away the Constitution.

Cheers

BHR

Hypocritical Conservatives make me sick

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The events of the past two to three years have seen the American administration expending a lot of political capital by pursuing, what some people consider, an outrageous foreign policy of invasion and pre emptive strikes.
The justification for this is to make the world a safer place and defend the freedom and liberty of the peoples.

The problem is that most people see the actions taken by the US as being the acts of an aggressive nation proving its dominence of a world with only one super power, itself.
This is not the truth, and if we are to deny the ignorance brought on by overt displays of patriotism and flag waving we need to look at the real reason behind America’s actions.

The current foreign policy being pursued by the incumbent administration is one of defence. This is a defence against the crisis that is just around the corner and no one seems willing to tackle.

America is on of the worlds largest net importers of natural resources, gas and oil, and has the largest energy consumption growth in the world. In contrast to this it has a far smaller population growth than most of the third world countries, and countries like China that are under going industrialisation at a hectic pace.

This means that American citizens are the largest consumers of natural resource on this planet. American economic growth depends on the acquisition of more resource. Oil production as already reached its peak and the economic forecast is not good.

This is the reason America has throw out so much of the bridge building done by the Clinton administration. It is why America has gone from a country with a health economy and low deficit to its current state.

America’s recent military campgains have been theatrical wars design to show off the military strength that it has developed. Unfortunately this military strength is built around the oil/industrial partnership.

Hard times are ahead for all of us over the next decade, lifestyles will have to change and no more so than the Americans; as the nations struggles to obtain resources to support the current carrying capacity of their regions.
So as the Americans continue with their foreign policies more time should be spent looking at what the current administration is doing with regards to its energy policy that is where the real problem lays.

This is not about being right or wrong, this is about a entire nation being led by a few geopolitical players leading a nation down a path that has not been fully explained.

To this end the choice would seem simple: buy into it and go with the current policy but do not expect it to be an easy ride; decide on a new course of action and nake sure that the worlds leading democratic nation listens to the voice of the people.

More information on recent meeting of oil industry and governmental departments can be found at:

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   

take your Hatred of America to another thread

Because he said he wouldn't want to live in America means he hates America? Because he likes living in his own country and doesn't want to leave it for somewhere else means he hates America? Wow that some top quality logic, I don't want to live in Zamia, therefore i hate Zambia.

[edit on 13/5/05 by cmdrpaddy]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
personally if i want "cake", i'll bake it, i'm not asking anyone else to bake it for me, but if somone were to give me the right cake at the right time, yeah i'd eat it, but if somone were to shove their cake down my throat weather i wanted it or not,
i'd puke on their shoes.....

i don't hate america, i don't hate any americans on here, however america did create the situation that exsists in the middle east, with ample help from russia, during the cold war, succsesive governments trained terrorist groups, installed despot regimes, supported corrupt monarchys and supplied arms to people they knew would commit genocide,
today, america denies medication, cuts off food supplies, supports a nation that routinely breaks international law and occupys countries against the will of the citizens of that country,
if pointing out these facts makes me anti-american or if it makes an american unpatriotic in your opinion then perhaps you should take yourself off and have a think about why the freedom of speech is so important.

and by the way badmojo, look up the meaning of LIBERAL.

DENY IGNORANCE

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ncbrian211

Do you think there may have Soviets who felt the same way about Afghanistan?
Do you think they should have remained there like the US should remain in Iraq?

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Pieman

Originally posted by piemanand by the way badmojo, look up the meaning of LIBERAL.

DENY IGNORANCE

This one always makes me chuckle.

lib·er·al ( P ) Pronunciation Key (lbr-l, lbrl)
adj.

Not limited to or by established, traditional, orthodox, or authoritarian attitudes, views, or dogmas; free from bigotry.
Favoring proposals for reform, open to new ideas for progress, and tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others; broad-minded.
Of, relating to, or characteristic of liberalism.
Liberal Of, designating, or characteristic of a political party founded on or associated with principles of social and political liberalism, especially in Great Britain, Canada, and the United States.

Tending to give freely; generous: a liberal benefactor.
Generous in amount; ample: a liberal serving of potatoes.
Not strict or literal; loose or approximate: a liberal translation.
Of, relating to, or based on the traditional arts and sciences of a college or university curriculum: a liberal education.

Cheers

BHR

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by iksmodnad
What I don't get

How come threads like This Don't get moved but this one does?

Isn't the NWO and illuminati being discussed in that thread? Is NWO a PTS or an ATS topic?

This thread is just another USA vs the world thread, which belongs in PTS.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join