It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The antichrist----could "he" be technology?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Okay, this may sound silly to some, but I have had this theory for a long time. I used to think that the antichrist would be a man or woman in power who led everyone astray to disater. However, the more I thought about it, the more i realized that something is doing that right now.Science and technology. Science is now in the process of wiping God and religion out (in my opinion).

I have been on a thread about evolution for a few days now, and have read many battles between the religious and the scientific. The common theme is that religion is wrong (said by the scientist) or that science is wrong (said by the religious). Ohhh, and the scientists have so many good arguments, backed up by more substantial evidence than the words of the Bible.

Maybe one day, science will explain it all and there will be no more need for a God or religion. Why would we need a higher power if there aren't any mysteries or unexplainable phenomena anymore?

[edit on 13-5-2005 by seraph5]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Could it be internet? Will we get a "Skynet" like in Terminator?

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Well, I was talking more about how science is explaining everything as a random series of events that did not involve a higher power or intelligence.

The big bang created the universe. It was just a fluke of nature that life came about.

I don't think that "science" is the one trying to disporve God, I think that the scientists are. Did that make any sense? What I mean is that the aim of science is not to prove that God does not exist, but I think that maybe the motivation of some scientists is just that. Disprove the existence of God indirectly by proving natural processes created everything.

Would it sound silly to say that I do believe in evolution..... haha

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The "antichrist" is something or someone that will seem good, wonderful, perform deeds that will awe and amaze us. But the followers of Chirst will recognize this thing as a fraud. The anitchirst will preach about good, but at the cost of evil.

One of the strongest correlations between science as the anitchrist and today, in my opinion, is the area of stem cell research (among many other things). So, we want to grow babies, YES THEY ARE BABIES, and when they are a few cells old, we will take their cells and throw the rest out like garbage. But but but, this will help so many, right? Yes, I am sure that if we used EMBRYONIC stem cells in our treatments of diseases and disorders, we will find cures to many things.

But at what cost. How can we prove that once fertilization occurs, that this group of cells does not have a soul?

I am getting a little off topic here. Anyways, just saying that yes, there are a lot of things in science that seem good, but go against the will of God.

apc

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Why do 'you people' keep imagining these threats?

Your evil sinister Science gave you the computer youre typing on, the food you eat, the air you breathe, the doctor that birthed you... science even gave you your grossly misunderstood definition of science.

... than the words of the Bible.

You should REALLY try reading the Bible BEFORE King James got his hands on it.

[edit on 13-5-2005 by apc]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I would just like to explain that I am a student going into the field of medical research. I do like stem cells. I think they are great, just NOT when they are harvested from little baby or fetuses or embryos... whatever.

I truly like what science has given us, I just believe that too much of a good thing can be bad. We might overstep our boundaries, actually, we already did.
Science has opened up so many new things for us, but when it some to creating new life (we are NOT God and should NOT act like we are) in the name of good, well, I see that as something steering us away from God's teachings. Hint hint, sound a little like the ANTICHRIST to you?!?

I am also a Catholic. Ha ha, you don't see one of me everyday.

apc

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I would agree too much of anything is bad. Im a spiritual person but I reject organized religion as a creation of man.
But brother I am not even going to touch the stem cell issue.. dont make it a pro/vs embryonic stem cell thread unless you're prepared for what will come of it!

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by seraph5
I would just like to explain that I am a student going into the field of medical research. I do like stem cells. I think they are great, just NOT when they are harvested from little baby or fetuses or embryos... whatever.

I am not Catholic but I agree with you on the stem cell research issue. There was a documentary a while back that talked about the medical community selling aborted fetuses to stem cell research laboratories (sic). Those fetuses were not just discarded as the patients were led to believe.

There is money to be made for aborted fetuses and some research companies will pay handsomely to obtain them

Back on the main topic. In my estimation, you are on the right track. The "Science is God" mentality is definitely a big problem. Unless there is some kind of major spiritual unfoldment and miracles attached to it that go considerably beyond that which has happened before, this planet will become just as spiritually apathetic as the Zetan-Greys that kidnap many of us for unethical reasons. This is indeed a major threat to society internally as well as externally in the long run; the lesser advanced societies that are "colonized" (harvested) from space exploration will pay a high price for their lack of technology. Just as we are paying a high price for the lack of ours (or a spiritual component to make up the difference).

As near death experience research indicates, The Golden Rule rules. Those who live in opposition to that are not happy campers when they cross over into the Primary Reality.

[edit on 13-5-2005 by Paul_Richard]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Along the same lines I've often wondered if the "Mark of the Beast" was a cell phone. Doesn't it say that it was on their right had or forehead? Imagine if you were St. John viewing the future. If you saw everyone walking around with these things in their hands or pressed up against their heads you might say the same thing.

Also the point about you not being able to buy or sell without them. There's a store called the Corner Bakery near me where you can pay for you food with certain cell phones. Hmmmm very interesting indeed.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   
haha, I agree. Never thought of the mark of the beast as a cellphone before. Clever.

Have you also noticed how the "beasts" in revelation, when looked at in a modern view, seems to be describing tanks, submarines, maybe even helicopters. How would a man who lived 2000 years ago describe a tank? Hmm, maybe as a beast with fire and sulfur shooting from its mouth.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Science is not evil and neither is technology.
Hard science is not against God, soft sciences are merely used by those who are attempting to remove God from our minds, and much of that is occuring in academia and not where the tires meet the tarmac.

If one were to read the KJV 1611 with the iad of the Holy Spirit, one would understand that the anti-Christ is Satan's imitation of Christ. It will be a human.

The anti-Christ will be tossed into Hell. Hell was created for Satan and his demons, we earned our place in Hell when Adam and Eve partook in the same sins (pride and rebellion) as Satan. TEchnology and science is not something that can be tossed into Hell.

To answer the question in a word - no. Are they tools that can be used by Satan? Of course. A tool is just a tool it has no inherent moral quality. That is up to the user.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 01:18 AM
link   
To Thomas Crowne:

I like the point you made. It did make a lot of sense. But, a lot of the images and illustrations in Revelations, in my opinion, are symbolic of what really will occur. For one, i really don't think that a beast will rise forth out of the water, that we will all bow down and worship it, just as i think that there may be a possibility that the antichrist is not a person at all.

But then again, hey, maybe science and technology are just the tools of the devil and he will use these tools to lead us astray. Which I may say, he is doing already, and boy he is doing a fine job too.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I also wanted to tell you what my father told me. He says that in the Sistine Chapel, there was a stained glass window that was built with a certain amount of slots. Each slot is given to a new pope, and there are only a few slots left. Maybe two or three.

Also, my dad (by the way, he is a very knowledgable Orthodox Catholic) told me that there was a man in the church who lived a long time ago who had visions of the end of the world. He predictied(forgive me for not remembering this man's name) that there would be a finite number of popes, and that number has now dwindled down to 2 or 3 also.

So, there is obviously some correlation between these two events. Why would there only be a few popes left? What could this mean, the end of the world is near maybe?

I hate sounding like the foreseer of doom, but...

[edit on 14-5-2005 by seraph5]

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc
Your evil sinister Science gave you the computer youre typing on, the food you eat, the air you breathe, the doctor that birthed you... science even gave you your grossly misunderstood definition of science.

Yes, the computer we're typing on...Just gives you a longer distance to communicate than beating on drums or sending up smoke signals. Actually, the food we eat comes from nature itself...Granted, science did improve the overall health-level of our foods, but the food-corporations have nearly poisoned us with it. The air we breathe didn't come from science, but the pollution infesting the air did. The doctors aren't really needed to birth children...There's always been "natural childbirth" long before doctors ever existed.

All in all, you've gotten some really screwed up interpretaions on what "science" gave us...Nearly everything you mentioned had a "low-tech" precursor that science didn't have anything to do with.

Originally posted by apc... than the words of the Bible. You should REALLY try reading the Bible BEFORE King James got his hands on it.

This much you got partially right...He had that Bible-version commissioned with the purpose to justify the "rule by divine right" method of controlling the people. If you want to know the roots of what King James screwed up, check out the Dead Sea Scrolls. Of course, that means either trying to learn 3 dead languages or try to get ahold of a "direct translation", rather than an "interpretive translation". After all, the Bible you look at today qualifies as an "interpretive translation" anyway.

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Science is not evil and neither is technology.
Hard science is not against God, soft sciences are merely used by those who are attempting to remove God from our minds, and much of that is occuring in academia and not where the tires meet the tarmac...To answer the question in a word - no. Are they tools that can be used by Satan? Of course. A tool is just a tool it has no inherent moral quality. That is up to the user.

Right on track! Many of the new technologies that science does come up with are actually thought up by scientists who're trying to figure out how God put the universe together. For example, when Albert Einstein was asked how he came up with his ideas, his reply was something like, "I sit down & ask myself how I would've put the universe together if I were God." And yet, Mr. E hated the way that other people put his ideas to use...When he learned that his theories of Physics were turned into the atom bomb, he cried.
So, it's not the science/technology that's evil...It's what the conspiratorial-minded manipulators decide to do with it. As TC said...Technology is a tool, not a moral issue. What's sad is that our social development has not kept pace with our technological development.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by seraph5
Okay, this may sound silly to some, but I have had this theory for a long time. I used to think that the antichrist would be a man or woman in power who led everyone astray to disater. However, the more I thought about it, the more i realized that something is doing that right now.Science and technology. Science is now in the process of wiping God and religion out (in my opinion).

I have been on a thread about evolution for a few days now, and have read many battles between the religious and the scientific. The common theme is that religion is wrong (said by the scientist) or that science is wrong (said by the religious). Ohhh, and the scientists have so many good arguments, backed up by more substantial evidence than the words of the Bible.

Maybe one day, science will explain it all and there will be no more need for a God or religion. Why would we need a higher power if there aren't any mysteries or unexplainable phenomena anymore?

The Anti christ is a man; His name is Javier Solana. Keep a close eye on him he will suddenly rise to a place of total power. He is almost there now.

Further more, the technologiy to implement the marking system of the antichrist is already operational at this time. Infact, people around the world are lining up for these implants even as you read this thread.

the name of this mark is called the verichip created by apploed digital soulutions. Its been around for a while but its becoming more and more popular as we approch the advent of the antichrist. A more suffisticated implant has been created to take the place of this one called guardian angel; it can track you globaly upon implantation. Are you ready for the mark?

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Graystar

the name of this mark is called the verichip created by apploed digital soulutions. Its been around for a while but its becoming more and more popular as we approch the advent of the antichrist. A more suffisticated implant has been created to take the place of this one called guardian angel; it can track you globaly upon implantation. Are you ready for the mark?

Maybe I am just really uninformed. but where did this come from? Could you give me some websites so I can learn more about it?

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 06:19 AM
link   
1: you seem to have a decent brain, why all the contradictions?
2: if you WERE a doctor-in-training, you'd know where stem-cells came from. ANYTHING HUMAN (if your talking human).
3: You're a Catholic who's trying to vilify science with the very implication that "Technology Is Satan".

Chose who you are, then ask again (says the Magic 8-Ball).

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Even believing in the devil clouds the question in my eyes.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enigmatic Debris
1: you seem to have a decent brain, why all the contradictions?
2: if you WERE a doctor-in-training, you'd know where stem-cells came from. ANYTHING HUMAN (if your talking human).
3: You're a Catholic who's trying to vilify science with the very implication that "Technology Is Satan".

Chose who you are, then ask again (says the Magic 8-Ball).

I see no problem with believing in religion and aspiring to go into medicine. MY goal is to help people, but not at the cost of taking lives. I believe that at the point a conception a new life forms. None of this self righteous, justifying bologne about a "fetus" is not a true human being until it is out of it's mother.

I have had two children, and immediately my body knew I was carrying something special . I could feel this baby move, hickup, even saw it sucking it's thumb in an ultrasound. DId you know that a baby can have a different blood type than its mother. Now how is that possible when the baby is not a baby, just another "piece or part (whatever)" of the mother?

I love science, always have. I started working with microscopes and chemistry sets at the age of 7. Butttttt, I am still a Catholic. The two do not contradict one another until you get down to stuff like abortions and yes embryonic stem cell reasearch. And I am not the only one with this problem. There are a lot of people in this country who also see that something is amiss when it comes to ESCs.

So, how am I contradicting myself? I believe I have the best of both worlds. I get to work in science, my passion, and I have God in my life. I have the knowledge that after I die, I will not just disappear. Seems kind of dismal to live a life without any type of higher power beliefs. What would we be here for then? What would happen when we die? Do we just fade away, become another kilojoule of energy? I like the idea of a creator better.

I guess you could say I am a new age Catholic. I take religion, and mix it with a lot of science, and ta da, there I am.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I was talking about EMBRYONIC stem cells by the way. I have no problem with umbilical cord or adult stem cells. I actually would love to go into that field of research.

And yes, just from your reaction proves to me that science is doing a darn good job of making God and religion go bye bye.

hmmhmm....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join