It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Corporation -Documentary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 01:16 AM
link   
The Corporation Documentary
This movie exposes:
media brainwashing ideology,
corporate control of natural resources (like drinking water),
succesful protests against corporations like Bechtel,
poisioning of the milk supply,
corporate news deceit (the FOX NEWS Monsanto Posilac conspiracy),
attempted Corporate insurgency against the Roosevelt administration,
wall street stock brokers considering WTC attacks and the bombing of Iraq (both times) as a"hidden blessing",
corporate ownership of life,
self destructing seed technology,
corporate spies,
underground advertising
and enough stuff to make your blood boil.

If you don't grab it directly from the provided website, check it out at your local corporate video store....ugh.

[edit on 13-5-2005 by Legalizer]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
This is very interesting, I never knew this could be possible

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Yeah, if I were a movie critic my review would be
"eye opening, inflamatory, a sublime call to arms, two guns up"

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I haven't seen the movie but I read the synopsis on the web page. It looks like it raises some interesting points, however I think it should be kept in mind that NOWHERE does it state on the web page that it is an unbiased look at corporations. In light of that, you would have to give it the same credibility as a pro-corporation film made by Wal-Mart executives. I don't mean to say it dosn't look like a good film, it just has to be kept in mind that there is an agenda behind it somewhere, there always is. No one selling a DVD is going to give you the truth 100%, it's a product, a corporate product now.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Are you seriously sticking up for Corporations?

Slave labor, starvation wages, anti-union goon squads, corporate control of natural resources, poisoning natural resources, poisoning the food supply, the product of self destructing seeds, patents for every genome on the planet, corporate insurgency, corporate corruption of the government?

The film is plump full of information you will not find on your news channels as
it directly damns their advertisers.

Watch it before making assumptions.
Stop the DVD and do some searching if you feel there is some bias.
Then formulate an informed opinion.

Learn a bit about Bolivia and Bechtel as one example of corporate tyranny.

Seriously look at the links about Posilac above.

Here's a review of the movie Down at the middle of the page, it will give you some insite about what you will watch. With some more links at the bottom to get you on your way of knowing who your enemy is.

Good Case against Monsanto's evil in Canada
From the Farmer's own words! And he won!

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
No Legalizer, I was not taking sides. I simply wanted to point out that the producers of this movie made no attempt to state that this film was unbiased, which must mean that they were packaging a product for you to purchase. There's nothing better than anti-capitolists selling DVDs. You have to admit that if the corporation is so bad for humanity and these people are out to prove it, then the movie should be free. They could stream it on their website. It makes me laugh sometimes, "money is bad, gimme $20 and I'll tell you why."

I have no doubt that the movie makes some good points. I don't argue that at all. I don't post this as an attack on your taste or beliefs, I only wish that the anti-corporate types like Michael Moore would stop charging so much to see thier movies and pocketing millions in the mean time. If you're a crusader for the little guy, then don't sell distrubution rights for your movie to major hollywood studios.

I'm not a corporate defender, but I am a realist. Every sinner is a saint and every cop is a criminal. There are two sides to every story. That was all I was trying to say.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Well i've seen this documentary numerous times. I originally saw it on tv after hearing about it at school, and subsequently downloaded it.

It is an excellent documentary with interviews from people on all sides, corporate and anti-corporate etc. It brings to light some very important issues facing the world through our capitalist system and the corporations that have spawned from it. Definetly worth watching.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
That documentary made me very angry, from poisoned milk, to owning animals and natural products, sheesh! The Corporate world really does have our balls in a vice. I just hope as many people as possible who viewed it, made a change and started to refrain from purchasing things that boost these no-good corporations. I seen it a while ago, may go back and watch it again now.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
The 2-DVD version contains five more hours of interviews and articles for a rainy day or two.

Questioning the corrupt practices of corporations and what they can do to people, their own and their captive customers, is not such a bad thing. It's an attack on corruption, not an attack on entrepreneurship and human progress.

Ultimately this genre will be corrupt too... the one that starts with something like Michael Moore's "Roger & Me" and includes "Supersize Me" will attract unsavory producers doing rubbish before too long. That's "Hollywood". Get the good stuff while it is gettable.

[edit on 15-5-2005 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   
An Excellent Documentary - A Must See!

I love this part of the Corporation - its Personality or the Psychological evaluation:

THE PATHOLOGY OF COMMERCE: CASE HISTORIES

To more precisely assess the "personality" of the corporate "person," a checklist is employed, using actual diagnostic criteria of the World Health Organization and the DSM-IV, the standard diagnostic tool of psychiatrists and psychologists. The operational principles of the corporation give it a highly anti-social "personality":

It is self-interested, inherently amoral, callous and deceitful; it breaches social and legal standards to get its way; it does not suffer from guilt, yet it can mimic the human qualities of empathy, caring and altruism. Four case studies, drawn from a universe of corporate activity, clearly demonstrate harm to workers, human health, animals and the biosphere. Concluding this point-by-point analysis, a disturbing diagnosis is delivered: the institutional embodiment of laissez-faire capitalism fully meets the diagnostic criteria of a "psychopath."

[edit on 16/5/05 by Souljah]

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   
lots of hard to digest material in a very digestable form

Denied right to collect rainwater? Like the indian lady said :

The law that is bad is a law not worth following

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I especialy liked a degenerated lookind woman CEO in red coat that said that targeting children with commercials is OK. No morality whatsoever. Who cares about children. I guess fast profit is more important afterall.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I have this video as a Mpeg and was very impressed with it. It is by beleif that it was a very balanced look at the corperation and did take time out to discuss the issue with a higher up at shell, a carpet manufacturer, a trader, executives, etc.

It is just that this movie simply asks the one basic question. "If corperations are legal people - what kind of people are they?". Then you study the behaviour, and see if it matches any known personality.

I found it veryu informative.

jra

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 02:25 AM
link   
This is a great documentary for sure. I feel that it's fairly well balanced too and also as some one said. It presents a hard, complicated subject and makes it easy to understand.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I just saw this myself the other day and like the other posters on this thread I have to say that it was "eye opening, inflamatory, a sublime call to arms, two guns up" etc. etc. It also filled me with a good degree of rage, depression and utter contempt for what some people have done and continue to do out of greed.

Everyone needs to see this IMO, which is why I'm bringing this topic back to life here on the board again!! It does a very good job in it's approach also. It's not just an attack on the current Corp. Machine that has infected this planet but a very detailed examination of what it means to be a "Corporation".

new topics

top topics

join