It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shhhhhh!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Big Brother is not only watching you, he may be listening as well... Wow how far are we going to let this go?

www.theinquirer.net...
WESTMINSTER COUNCIL in Ye Olde London Yown is strapping wireless listening devices to lamp-posts to listen in on its citizens to see if they are making too much noise.
According to the Evening Standard, the microphones, which communicate via the internet, will be attached to lamp posts across Soho to test the system for the next few months.

A council spokesman said that the mikes will cover the whole of Westminster and be used by noise abatement officers.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Amazing isnt it i heard bout this a few days ago it will go all the way they will be standad along with all the damn speed camaras. It will be like demolition man you'l be fined directly straight out of your bank eventually if you do so much as laugh louder than the "normal" level.

I can imgin that the noise levels will be quite high when people find what lamp posts they are on then you get some wasted chav shouting abuse down the thing.....do you get many chavs in Soho?

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I remember reading about similar "gunshot detection" systems in place during the Olympics.

Here is a link to an article that mentions using gunshot detectors

I did find a company that SELLS a gunshot monitoring system to government and private agencies. Link to Gunshot Detector. They have a lot of very interesting toys, and this linked page even has prices for some of the items...

Also found a company that is making "portable" devices to on-the-scene personnel can get instant information about nearby gunshots. Story Here

Now, I'm not a fan of big-brother and his nifty spy technology, but I can see "gunshot detectors" as not overly invasive, but using the technology to listen for "noise ordinance" violations? Gimme a break! I expect ZERO privacy when I walk down a public street, but this is a little extreme for me.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I guess we could do the whole Sylvester Stallone thing and just spout off curse words at the microphone and use the tickets as toilet paper.

Are we honestly headed toward some type of Police State, and here is the definition of Police State, so we are clear as to what it is:

Police state- A state in which the government exercises rigid and repressive controls over the social, economic, and political life of the people, especially by means of a secret police force.

Or is it just paranoid thinking. But we are seeing things like vitamins being under attack from the Pharmacy World Order. Christmas trees under attack at "Christmas" time in the USA (land of the free). Now we have survielance speakers on lamp posts. TV screens lit up with drug commercials aimed at keeping you drugged up. Oddities.

Is this something lamp post microphone more than just noise monitoring? It is obviously an attempt to have more controll over what people do, by the fact of what it is, a survielance device.

I know that all isn't bad with the world, but there are certainly things happening that raise my eyebrows.

We have to look at the facts and decide what is really going on in the world.

Troy

[edit on 15-5-2005 by cybertroy]

top topics

join