It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The illegal immigration thing is NOT A RACE ISSUE!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I am SO INCREDIBLY sick of people trying to turn this illegal immigration thing into a race issue!!! It's not! I mean how desperate and stupid is it to start calling someone racist because they are against illegal immigration? Being not racist means treating everyone as equal, and being more sensitive to these people simply because they are hispanic is being prejudice, just not in the light we would normally see it. If you are truly un-prejudiced, you would see that these are PEOPLE who are sneaking into our country ILLEGALY and doing illegal things, and not take their ethnicity into consideration. And yes, I understand that we also need to crack down on companies who are hiring these illegals, but for God's sake...

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 04:59 AM
link   
if i had any wat votes i would give you one for this post

you have made a very valid post. you are apsolutely correct. the ani-illigal thing is NOT ABOUT RACEISIM. but has everything to do with following the lawfull way of imigrateing. i wish many people could come to realize that truth.

the fact that there is a LEGAL way to do it is what makes the situation so frustrateing. the problem is that most of those chooseing to do it illigaly are not willing to wait or submit to those propper requirements for imigrateing. some people seem to thing that any person should be alowed to just come and be welcome with open arms.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by drogo
if i had any wat votes i would give you one for this post

Thanks
. This, unfortunately, is most often the case haha.

the fact that there is a LEGAL way to do it is what makes the situation so frustrateing. the problem is that most of those chooseing to do it illigaly are not willing to wait or submit to those propper requirements for imigrateing. some people seem to thing that any person should be alowed to just come and be welcome with open arms.

Exactly. So many times in one of these discussions, people will try to tell you that you're just racist against mexicans, but they seem to forget that there are also many millions of legal immigrants that wait the amount of time they need to wait, or do the paper work they need to do, and it's unfair to THEM that there are illegal immigrants sneaking through that didn't have to do the things they had to do. Talk about being fair...

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Here here! I agree totally. Finally somebody on a "big board" said it!

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Of course it's a race thing, those people who are volunteering..why do they need guns, and they are from the deep south. They are RACIST

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nlive81
Of course it's a race thing, those people who are volunteering..why do they need guns, and they are from the deep south. They are RACIST

They need guns just in case they are ambushed, which actually happened in one incident. Why do police officers carry guns? It's a dangerous job! Not eveyone in the minutemen organization is from the south. Also, are you saying everyone from the south is racist?

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   
His reply was just a classic lib response. Because I guess that everybody from the south, and even those in the north, who want to protect their country from illegals(which the government is doing a poor job at. god forbid we offend mexico!) are racist.:shk:

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by HALLOWEEN78
His reply was just a classic lib response. Because I guess that everybody from the south, and even those in the north, who want to protect their country from illegals(which the government is doing a poor job at. god forbid we offend mexico!) are racist.:shk:

Agreed. Add ontop of that that it's COMPLETELY hypocritical to on one side sit there and comdemn racism, then on the other hand make a blatant stereotype about everyone from the south. How intelligent.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 02:57 AM
link   
i'll add my agreement as well
useing a predudaced statement while saying someone else is is rather hypacritical:bnghd: unfortunately that is the way many people see things. it is racest to down the "minority" while at the same time being predudaced against the "majority" is perfectly acceptable. especialy when it comes to government programs and jobs. what people fail to realize is that that is EXACTLY how people become predudaced in the first place. i admit that for myself it is a constant fight not to hate all the "minorities" based on the treatment that i recieve for being a "white male" aka the "majority". all predudace BOTH ways only produces more hate and more predudace.

back on topic. an illigal immigrant, is an illigal immigrant. whether they are from mexico, canada, iraq, or anywhere else for that matter. THEY ARE BREAKING THE LAW. there are LEGAL ways to gain entry to the states and most countries for that matter. sure you may not be accepted. true you may have to wait. you have to be checked out. that IS NOT racisim, it is common sence.

where i live we have a large portion of illigals from jamaca. many of these are KNOWN CRIMINALS both there and here. many are deported, only to come back. my uncle was almost killed by one such person. unfortunately the poor guy who took that shift paid for it with his life. that murderer was deported several times i understand. now i guess he gets to stay courtisy of the tax payer. that is why there are rules and procedures to follow. they are not perfect. they do not always work. but they are what we HAVE.

by not submitting to these VALID requests we may get some hard working, and otherwise honest people. but how many criminals and murderers do we also get? those who can never be let in leagaly, actualy hide within those truely looking for a better life. by supporting illigals, you may think that you are supporting good people but you also support criminals, thugs, drug smugglers and even possible TERRORISTS. i say that because they both come together. i would even go so far as to say that there is a big chance that those helping them, at least from the "home country" are just useing those "good people" to hide the ones that they are realy helping get in, for whatever REAL reasons.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I know it's a tad bit off topic, but let me post a few things.

"There are between fifteen and twenty million illegal aliens living in the United States. The Washinton Times said that more than three million came across in 2004 alone! However, there are fewer than 2,000 federal agents to round up and deport illegals."

"Here's another interesting little factoid; three quarters of the coc aine and half of the heroin consumed in America enters across the U.S.- Mexican border. Also, did you know that treating uninsured illegal aliens costs about 2.2 billion dollars a year?"

"One last one. This is my favorite. Did you know that Mohammed Atta, one of the 9/11 masterminds, was stopped by a policeman but wasn't detained because he possessed and displayed a valid license- even though he was, essentially, an illegal alien with an expired visa?"

Yeah! It's all about racism! I guess it's also racist to point out that one in three persons in federal prison are illegals!:bnghd:

(source- Michael Savage.)

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Thanks for your input guys. And notice that Nlive81 hasn't responded to this. I'd also like to add that a lot of it boils down to self-righteousness. It feels great to a lot of people to feel like they're the moral rebel of a group who's alone standing up for the little guy. Yeah, let's turn this into a race issue. Feels really good to "fight the power" and stand up against your own race, right? How righteous of a person to go back against their own race or gender or COUNTRY and fight on the other side. It seems like that's where a lot of hate for America comes from too. You must be the moral one if you're fighting against yourself, right? Wrong. Like Drogo pointed out, it's just as wrong to be prejudice against the majority as it is to be so against the minority. These same people also fail to realize that their own self-righteousness is causing damage to our country.

I just don't understand how people with this mindset (usually liberal, but not 100% of the time) can on one hand criticize Bush for his 'lax border politices, but criticize groups like the minute men.

[edit on 23-5-2005 by Herman]

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
I just don't understand how people with this mindset (usually liberal, but not 100% of the time) can on one hand criticize Bush for his 'lax border politices, but criticize groups like the minute men.

Herman, welcome to the club. I've been trying to figure that out for a very long while now. Then I came to one conclusion. As Michael Savage has said, "Liberalism is a mental disorder." Plain and simple.:shk:

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
How can anyone believe it is a 'race issue', when it has nothing to do with race. If the businesses closest to the border would stop recruiting them off the street corner, that may help a tad. I love it when reporters can go down with their cameras and videotape them standing there, and then being picked up for jobs, but our own government can't find them. Ridiculous! The White House spouts off about how they are expanding our Homeland Security...but can not even watch the backyard. Thats like building a huge brick wall in the front yard, with sentrys and a moat, but forgetting to look in the backyard to see who just walked onto our property...[pun intended]. Any business caught hiring illegal immigrants should pay a heavy fine...and should also listed on the Internet for bad business practices against Americans [that would considered being racist]. In addition to the government officials who feel we should pay for their medical treatment, when honest hard-working Americans who can not afford health insurance are turned away. This is just plain stupid...I feel lucky to have been born in the United States, but apparently illegal immigrants are being giving more consideration than me and my family. I personally would not stand at the border to keep them out becuase of the simple fact of how dangerous that would be. Isnt that why we pay taxes and hire all the new Law Enforcement personnel. Geez...give me a break.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Um, when did hispanics become a race?

I was taught that Spainards were caucasoid, and Mexicans were a mixture of mongoloid and caucasoid.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf

I was taught that Spainards were caucasoid, and Mexicans were a mixture of mongoloid and caucasoid.

Actually, Mexicans are a mixture of Aztec indians and Spaniards, but just because they are mixed doesn't mean that they're not a race of their own.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman

Actually, Mexicans are a mixture of Aztec indians and Spaniards, but just because they are mixed doesn't mean that they're not a race of their own.

Herman, sorry, my bad. I graduated from high school over 30 years ago. Back then we were taught that there are only 3 races, negroid, caucasoid and mongoloid. It was believed that all western indigenous natives were mongoloid (asian). Now I find that any local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics can be considered a race.

Life would be easier if they'd quit changing the rules on me.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Herman, sorry, my bad. I graduated from high school over 30 years ago. Back then we were taught that there are only 3 races, negroid, caucasoid and mongoloid. It was believed that all western indigenous natives were mongoloid (asian). Now I find that any local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics can be considered a race.

Life would be easier if they'd quit changing the rules on me.

That's ok! I just got out of high school myself

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I didn't say everyone from the south was racist...sorry, but anyway, they should let the cops do their jobs.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nlive81
I didn't say everyone from the south was racist...sorry, but anyway, they should let the cops do their jobs.

actualy it would be imigratin and border patroll's responsibility. it would be rather nice if they did their jobs with enough help as well as the will to do a creadible job. unfortunately they don't do a very good job for whatever reason. otherwise the mm would never have happened. if the propper autorities do not or can not do their jobs propperly then someone else needs to do it for them. personaly i would prefer that those who are SUPPOST TO DO IT, ACTUALY DID DO IT. that is after all what taxs are suppost to be for.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I agree that unchecked immigration is a recipe for disaster and it's unfair to label anyone who questions this a racist but the fact is a lot of racists do jump on this bandwagon and muddy the waters.

I spoke to a woman once who used the same line but the more she talked the more of a hole she dug for herself. Her idea of legal immigration was 'white people' coming over to Britain to live. Anyone of different colour, even those who had settled here legally, were working and law abiding, she dissaproved of. 'Why don't they go back to their own country and help it's economy by working there instead etc etc. She didn't or didn't want to understand the idea of economic migrants. She failed to see the irony of her own daughter emigrating to Canada because she believed it had a better standard of living.

top topics

join