It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

name of presdential nuclear retreat mountain in colorado?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a buddy of mine were discussing the aftermath of a nuclear attack and we were talking of a secure location where the president would be moved to and we remembered this mountain which i believe was to be in the colorado region, however, it may be elsewhere..

its been bugging me all night-does anyone know the name of this bunker where the president and co would be tranported to in case of a nuclear emergency?

[edit on 13-5-2005 by god is on vacation]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Maybe you're thinking of Cheyenne Mountain . The home of NORAD, it's a virtual city carved into a mountain near Colorado Springs.

Not sure if it's what you're thinking of, but a pretty cool place nonetheless.

[edit on 5/13/2005 by eaglewingz]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Isn't it Mt Cheyenne, the central command for all american and candian airspace, built into a mountain, able to withstand a direct nuke hit, has very big coiled springs to make it bouncy?

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
thanks for the quick replies fellas, unfortunatly it isnt ringing any bellls..

maybe im thinking of another mountain, perhaps in north dakota?any ideas?

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I doubt they would move him there, who desont know about the place? My bets he will be moved to a location that none of us know about.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Maybe you're thinking of Mt. Weather, FEMAs headquarters in Virginia. Its almost 50 miles away from DC. Its an uderground city carved into a mountain. It has its own water system, mass transit system, and is where the president would go if there was nuclear war or martial law was declared. It even has a second president and vice president if needed.

Hope this helps

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
There are quite a few of these around the nation. There is Cheyenne Mt in Colorado, There is one in Nebraska if I am not mistaken, because if I remember correctly it is where air force one went on sept 11, there is Mt. Weather VA, Site R where Dick was hiding on 9/11 in PA, there is one being built in the Napa Valley in CA, and rumored many others scattered through the country

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ben94gt
There is one in Nebraska if I am not mistaken, because if I remember correctly it is where air force one went on sept 11,

I bet you are thinking of US Startegic Command's Global Operations Center at Offut AFB. Nebraska. This superhardened bunker, was design to survive a nucler attack. Here's a link: STRATCOM Global Op's Center.

Hope that helps!

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

[edit on 19-5-2005 by ghost]

new topics

top topics

join