posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:50 PM
A spokesman for the foreign ministry has announced that North Korea has finished removing some 8,000 fuel rods in order to make room and 'bolster its
North Korea said Wednesday it has completed removing spent fuel rods from an atomic reactor, enabling it to harvest more weapons-grade plutonium. It
was the communist state's latest provocation amid deadlocked talks over Pyongyang's nuclear program.
A North Korean Foreign Ministry spokesman said the country had "successfully finished" removing 8,000 fuel rods from the reactor at its Yongbyon
complex, which was shut down last month, so it can "bolster its nuclear arsenal."
The announcement came a day after China rejected using sanctions to prod Pyongyang to return to six-nation talks on its nuclear ambitions, with a
spokesman saying Beijing's political and trade relations with its neighbor should be kept separate.
Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
This is a clear move by North Korea that they will not be accepting the much anticipated 'Six Nations' talk. The Bush administration has made it
clear that China needs to somehow lure North Korea back onto the negotiation table. However the cycle will continue, North Korea will continue to test
its boundaries and China will still be on its knees begging North Korea to come to a reasonable negotiation.