It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dealing with after death / What do you think happens?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I've lurked for awhile, this will be my first post. I look forward to some good conversation and idea sharing with the group.

I'd think of myself as agnostic, but not athiest. I wish I could just believe in God and Jesus, but the more logical point of view is while there may be a higher power at work in creation, I seriously doubt it's the Christian bible's point of view.

So I pose to the community - What do you think happens after death? I'm especially interested in hearing agnostic/athiest points of view. Do you think it's oblivion, and if so, how do you deal with that thought? It keeps me up some nights, and i've had panic attacks at the thought of eternal oblivion. I don't know how anyone who truely believes there's nothing after death can even function.

So be it reincarnation, cloudy paradise in heaven, or even nothing, post it up! Elaborate on why!

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Say goodbye to all of this...

And hello to oblivion.

Anybody know what movie?

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Voice of L
So I pose to the community - What do you think happens after death? I'm especially interested in hearing agnostic/athiest points of view. Do you think it's oblivion, and if so, how do you deal with that thought?

I'm alive now.. makes me savour it that little bit more I guess. Energy can't die but I have no idea how it would manifest itself after death or whether I'll have any self awareness.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by riley

So I pose to the community - What do you think happens after death? I'm especially interested in hearing agnostic/athiest points of view. Do you think it's oblivion, and if so, how do you deal with that thought?

I'm alive now.. makes me savour it that little bit more I guess. Energy can't die but I have no idea how it would manifest itself after death or whether I'll have any self awareness.

IF can control your dreams maybe you can have self awareness. i beleive sleep and death are similar.When we sleep we leave our own body and go into our own world. i believe that last thought before your death can determine what happens to you or where you go. ive seen shows on the history channel of haunted ww2 ships. the people didnt die on the ships but for some reason that is where they went when they died. thats probally the place the subconsciously found to be their heaven. its the place where they felt the most happiest so thats where they returned.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Do you think it's oblivion, and if so, how do you deal with that thought? It keeps me up some nights, and i've had panic attacks at the thought of eternal oblivion. I don't know how anyone who truely believes there's nothing after death can even function.

You realize that God is trying to get your attetion through the fact that you have these attacks and the thought that there is an afterlife. You need to ask God to reveal the truth to you. This is a very important subject so you need to be the one who searches this out. Get a Bible and start reading in the New Testament, start in the John's gospel account.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I'm agnostic but would like to think there's something more out there. There are some unexplainable crazy things that happen that we don't understand and I don't know if it's supernatural or just something science can't yet explain. Anyways, there's this case with Pamela Reynolds and blind people where they have been clinically dead yet can report things they've seen that they shouldn't. Youtube "The Day I Died". Some scientists are puzzled by this but there are a good handful of skeptics that wrote articles on it trying to debunk it but it's all just theories.

In "The Day I Died" video, a scientist tried to explain Pamela Reynold's case of being able to recall what a tool looked like which has not been opened out of its package, shown to her, or any of that. They think it's small tiny things within each microtubule within the brain that holds our "consciousness" and disperses in the air. Youtube it, they'd make more sense.

So if that is true, I think that since our minds are very powerful and infinite, we can create anything we want such as living in our own heaven, doing whatever we want to do, etc. One man's heaven is another man's hell so why can't we have heaven our way? With the ability to interact with other "dreams" of people's or minds... If you believe in reincarnation why can't you believe in that as if real simulation and experience through that or if you're atheist why can't you have the option to sleep in darkness and wake up in another 934893483948 years or whatever and decide if that's what you want? Some people don't want eternal consciousness l.

All these stupid theories we all have in our beliefs stated as fact would be naive IMO.

new topics

top topics

join