It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defending MY country! Lol, yeah right.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Do you think your funny ss? i get the feeling you get amusement out

of sht like that.

[edit on 13-5-2005 by C0le]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 02:21 AM
link   

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0le
Do you think your funny ss? i get the feeling you get amusement out

of sht like that.

heh heh, you can bet on it

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Well its kinda sad realy, but i cant hold it against ya, All people like you have is hate, how does this hate help in your cause? it only makes the ones whos minds you are trying to change mad at you, and people who are mad at you wont listen to you.

[edit on 13-5-2005 by C0le]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Well its kinda sad realy, but i cant hold it against ya, All people like you have is hate, how does this hate help in your cause? it only makes the ones whos minds you are trying to change mad at you, and people who are mad at you wont listen to you.

You know you love it.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Maybe someday people will see that it isn't about nationality. It's all about those in control and the pawns they push around the board. No matter what "color" the pawn, they're used for the same purpose, gaining, control, power and wealth for a select few and that doesn't include you or I and probably not even presidents or prime ministers.

It doesn't matter if your from France or the US or Canada or Iran, to those in control you are just one speck in a sea of faceless, expendable fodder. And if that sea becomes a bit choppy, begins asking questions measures are taken to smooth it out. Diversions carried out, reasons given. If war needs to be waged to suit their purposes so be it. Anything needed to keep on track.

This has happened for all history. Think about all the UK troops who died expanding Englands empire or the Spanish troops killed while helping Spain plunder the new world of its treasures or the common German soldier during WWII. They fought for their country, they did what they were told and if they protested they were squashed or written off as "unpatriotic".

What is fought for today? The same things. Money, power, control. The government tells the citizens they are fighting for freedom or for their people, and they die for those reasons. It might be the US and the "coalition of the willing" today, it might be your country tomorrow.

And those pulling the strings laugh as the pieces fall together.

[edit on 13-5-2005 by Veltro]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   
You keep talking about goverments just what is a goverment anyway ? Its money and what is money ? Its a pice of colored paper of no real value it only has value because we assine value to it . A goverment is even less it is NOTHING untill you assine it something and give it power .
Take the 6 billion souls on earth out ot that how manny have and real effect in these things we call goverment ? a thousand ? tenthousand ?Surly not more then a million .
So these million people tell you what you want then tell you how your going to get it . a guy on the street tells you the other person is bad gives you a gun and says shoot them ,(DO you fire the gun?)
I noticed LONG agaio how blindly everone follows so call goverments and it mistfies me . If thous same five .9 billion told thous million to shove off throw there guns down in the town square and said I will kill no more just because you say kill who would fight there wars? And what could they do to make you? Protecting our familys from criminals is one thing but just killing because they say these people are bad?
But seams people need to hate something and other people know this so they direct that hate in a direction that will benfite them.
I have been watching this whole iraq thing from the begining and my heart ackes for all thous Mothers and fathers over there that are lousing there Children to our bullets a my heart ackes for all thous who lost there loved ones in the 911 attack . all because of a FEW mens desisions on who was the bad people to that guy the US people were even though most of thous people who died that day know nothing of him and the children even less .
To the us The countrys we picked out are the bad guys even though most of thous people are bearly able to live let alone fight us .
Afgen A starving poplation rulled by a few tyrents .Who is still paying for thous few STRONG mens attacks? the people who never even thought to attack the US . Now iraq we are still over there and how manny died yesterday ? Children motheres farthers ? did even one of thous people have anything to do with the attack on 911? And yet here I see people talk about how great we are for libarating them . DEAD men cant vote .
and why is all this killing still going on ? Because a few men ( not a whole poplation) HATE The US and a few of US hate them back draging the whole world along with it killing any who are in the wrong place at the wrong time . when will this MADNESS end ? after all its been going on for around 7,000 years now .
It think the two most reviling words in english are HUMAN and Earth .
HUMAN mean Hu main wichs means to care >Some name we picked to describ ourselfs . And earth means DIRT shows how we realy view this gift we were given to treet it as something we sweep away.
In order for there to be peace the HATE has to stop . I never did anything to you or yours and I know you never did anything to me or mine so why hate? because of a few MAD MAN?

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Hi there,

Can I interject here and get back to the first original post, as noted the question was asked would my country do the same for me. How quickly we forget thoses who fought before us, and how easly we disrespect there memory.

I am a six generation New Zealander, and you might now think what does a New Zealander have to contribute to our discussion. Well I can tell you I lost several relatives in both world wars for freedom and I hope to never see another agian.

We, New Zealand, along with Australia, Canada, The United States of America, Singapore, France, Denmark, Great Britian, England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Poland, Russia etc. defedned this world againt the tryany of Germany and Japan. Imagine your world now should they have defebted us.

New Zealand lost half of its population in these wars to defend the rights of freedom you so disrespectivly now enjoy. If you had seen the libereration of the Alleied prsioners of war you wouldnt be so quick to disregard us. We all came together for a common goal in the most holy of ways to protect the freedoms to ensure our children and grandchildren have what you enjoy now.

We didnt mean to go to war, we simply had no choice, should we surrender we would commit our children to a life of slavery under Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan we simply couldnt suffer.

The Nazis burned 3 million Jews, and should they have won the war well, son please pay some respect we gave our freedoms our friends and our lives to give to you what you have today. Like you now we didnt want to we never knew what we were heading for, but we went we gave and we gave our all. I lost many of my best friends in the second world war. I Did time in Turkey I lost many a freind, I am 92 now and I pray to God you never have to see what I did I went to war in hope you never would have to encounter the things I did, lord knows I hope Satin himself never has to see the things I did.

dont be so quick to disregard the freedoms you have now, we went a long and bloody way to get to where we are, none of us wanted to, hell I was 18 when I went to war for Country and King, and to think it could all happen in the blink of an eye again, dont be so quick to turn a blind eye, I never thought I would have gone to war, but when your family your way of life and your empire is under severe attack you have no choice.

Least we never forget,

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
But the people who fight unjust wars (like the one in iraq), aren't fighting for your freedom. They are bringing shame to your nation.

Here is another one for ya C0le

[edit on 13-5-2005 by Syrian Sister]

[edit on 13-5-2005 by Syrian Sister]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Lady,

That man Sudam Hussain slaughted many of his own folk in horrable and nasty wepons tests, are you defendng His right to do do. Many of those middle eastern nations still commit woman to wear sheets upon thier heads and for what? Do they not want to look at the beauty of a womans face. Those middle eastern woman are amoung some of the most beatiful woman of the world.

They are oppressed and have no freedom, I think once Iraaq is free and alone we will see a better world?

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Please Morgcorp...I appreciate your sentiment. But you honestly think the world will magically get better because of the Iraq war? I refuse to believe you are that naive, seriously.

Anyway, welcome to ATS all the same.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Please tell me you're kidding.
If you are in trouble out at sea, the government (Coast Guard) will send helicopters, boats, scuba divers to rescue you.

Get stuck on a mountain somewhere - again, helicopters, and many personnel will be there to rescue you.

I don't know about you, but I would say that's pretty cool.
Personally? I say THANK YOU Uncle Sam!

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Ha ha,

No I dont belive the Iraq war will alter in benefit the path of man kind, do you?

Its about oil we all know so, but sudam hussain couldnt continue his regime, Suddam has been lifted thats all that needeed to be done. The USA needs now to back off, the USA still has capped oil wells in Texas they need to uncap as the world in suffering unfair oil hikes due to the US. We in NZ have untapped oil that could still produce enough reserve to power the worlds oil for a further 95 years and they are sitting on it!!

But the middle eastern nations still need to be brought out of the dark ages and respect other human lives. i am mortified they apprear on Al Jezera cutting folks heads off and still treating other pepole like nothing than mere Rats. Either confirm or the west will come crashing down on them and provide rightoues freedom to all humanity no matter what your religion or belife we all have our place in this world, live and let live.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by morgcorp
Lady,

That man Sudam Hussain slaughted many of his own folk in horrable and nasty wepons tests, are you defendng His right to do do. Many of those middle eastern nations still commit woman to wear sheets upon thier heads and for what? Do they not want to look at the beauty of a womans face. Those middle eastern woman are amoung some of the most beatiful woman of the world.

They are oppressed and have no freedom, I think once Iraaq is free and alone we will see a better world?

Saddam was a US puppet. He was helped into power by the US, back when he worked for the CIA.

The US continued to support him, even when he was at his most despotic. And they claim to be democratic etc..

No one can accuse me of being a Saddam supporter, since during the first gulf war, when i was a young child, my immediate family and i being in UAE, where under threat by his chemical weapons.

However Saddam was not worse than the US is, the US has killed thousands upon thousands more iraqies than he ever did. Some would say, the US is the teacher where Saddam was the student. And i have heard some Iraqi refugees, who where tortured under both Saddam and the US, say that the torture under the US was worse.

But no matter how bad saddam was, (and he was bad), he was still the president of iraq, and it is Always up to a People, and only up to a people, to over throw their own leader. It's a great insult to the people of iraq that he was removed in that manner. Think about it, you may hate bush, but imagine if some other country invades the US kills thousands of US citizens, and then humiliates BUSH (as if he doesn't humiliate himself enough), and claim that they did it for your sake. Wouldn't you take it as an insult?

The Iraqies did not ask you to put him into power in the first place.
They did not ask you to remove him.
All that they ask is that you leave their country, leave them to choose their own fate.

As for your comment about how beautiful we are, thanks i know,
especially us Syrians!

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
"But the middle eastern nations still need to be brought out of the dark age"

You are going to civilise us? HAH, how ironic since at the time when iraq was casting the first stones of civilisation, britons where still eating mud. Your racist neo-collonliast ideas are quite disgusting.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I am an American.

I have a great job, I live in a nice house in a wonderful area (and I am not rich either!). The town I live in is clean and well kept. I always have electricity and plenty of clean water. My garbage is removed without delay and my sewage is swept away instantly. The streets are well lit at night and crime is extremely low where me and my family frequent.

My neighbors are from Pakistan. They are doing so well that they have sent for their entire extended family. Their kids play out in the yard all day long with nothing but smiles on their faces. Across from me is a Brazilian family who just recently moved their parents from Brazil to share their new life in America. They too have plenty of food to eat, and a clean, safe environment for their kids to grow up in.

I almost forgot: One of the Pakistani kids is going off to an Ivy League college next year on a partial scholarship. Nice huh?

Why am I rambling like this? Because ALL OF THESE wonderful things are due to the country we live in. They give none of this to me, or my non-naturalized AMERICAN neighbors for free however. What my top notch, world class nation gives us, is the opportunities to have all this. And opportunities like no other nation on the planet can give. Enough for millions of people from all over the world to come and take part of each year.

Does everybody in the USA live like me and my neighbors? Nope. Some live better, and some barely get by at all. But 100% of them have the opportunity to live however they choose to.

And that my friends, is what we fight for.

BTW: What does Canada give you? Infected beef and a terrible medical care system? People in glass houses….

[edit on 13-5-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
SS I see your point Syria is such a wonderful place,we should follow in its footsteps. Please! And as for our northern friends, they have been shielded under lady liberties skirt for so long... look I agree that every country has its problems and maybe the U.S. has more than its fair share, but though not perfect, why do we still have so many people imigrating here? If we have such a melting pot of people, why do you complain when you can't reach in and get a bowl of just chicken soup? Forgive me I am not trying to seem mean, but give me a break.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
"Why am I rambling like this? Because ALL OF THESE wonderful things are due to the country we live in."

Tell that to millions of Americans living under the poverty line. All those wonderful things are due to money.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister
"Why am I rambling like this? Because ALL OF THESE wonderful things are due to the country we live in."

Tell that to millions of Americans living under the poverty line. All those wonderful things are due to money.

They have the opportunity, and thats why the USA is great. ALL nations have poverty. But not all nations have as much opportunity to rise above it.

I feel sorry for you, to live with so much hate must be terrible.

[edit on 13-5-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister

Have you ever been to America or does your knowledge come from Jahiadunspun?

Living in Poverty in America is a relitive term usually meaning that you dont have the Plasma screen TV.

How many FAT poor people in Syria?

How many poor people in syria have Computers, TVs, Cable, Cars, three meals a day, etc?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join