It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angels & Demons by Dan Brown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I am reading Angels & Demons by Dan Brown,
on how it explains a female physicist 'Vetra' and an expert on the religious and secrets...'Robert' trying to stop a ticking time bomb in Vatican City.

Created by Vetras father and some ideas of her own to prove the Bibles Genesis through the Big Bang. Her father was murdered by the Illumiati with its marking and the time-bomb was stolen from him wich only Vetra and her father knew about. You'll have to find out what the time bomb was,
read the book!!

It is a good book. Would recommend it aswell as The Da Vinci Code.

If any of you read it...Any of you have opinions?

[edit on 12-5-2005 by phantomviewer]

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I thought it was cool. Sent me into looking up lots of stuff on anti-materr, so I re-read The Da vinci code and now i just look up merovingian stuff. It is a great book, though I've never read those "illuminating angels and demons" books.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
i drew copies of all the ambigrams and im already half done and started two days ago so i would say its good.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I just read it, my science teacher was surprised a 7th grader reads those books (mainly just me cause of what I normally read
manga) and I must say, it is my favorite book! Loved it, it was extremely good and couldn't put it down. (Got in trouble for reading it in classes tho )

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I just finished it about an hour ago. it was definitely one of my favorite books, just i cant get over how someone can have that much knowlege about art and the illuminati. would definitely recommend that book

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Deffinatly recomend it...it is my favoritist book...

I'm reading the Da Vinci Code...but so far I like Angels & Demons better....

Only on chapter 5 tho

I'm writting a story now that is very simillar to Angels & Demons, the main characters name is Robert too! Cept its Robert Dunnim...I shall post it on ATS someday

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   

posted on 5/12/2005 at 17:04

Both are great books, couldn't put them down till they were finished. I agree that Angels and Demons is a better book. Davinci Code is also a good read. They both sent me to look up many subjects in both books. Dan Brown is definitly top noch.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
My wife is reading it now...I'm reading it after her... I'll get back to you...

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Grr, I loathe Dan Brown if only because he tries to pass off so many of the things in both Angels & Demons and The Da Vinci Code as true, hard, cold fact, when a LOT of it is inconclusive speculation at best. Also, his writing style is juvenile and the fact that his publisher won't publish The Da Vinci Code in paperback after 2+ years is abhorrent. That being said Angels & Demons is by far the better book, and both are enjoyable, so long as you don't take them too seriously.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I read it a good while ago and I must say that I enjoyed it very much... I had read The Da Vinci Code a long time before A&D and I was very intrigued. Being a Catholic, I didn't agree with some things, but being a theology junkie and a Leonardo lover, the book caught my attention. I did, however, like A&D more than DVC, as a story, not as fact. Some things I did take a bit offensively, but one must learn to live with disapproval and rumor... Dan Brown is a hell of a writer with his ability to keep us reading, but a crappy historian if you ask me...

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I finished Angels and Demons and a week later Pope John Paul dies. Needless to say, I was very amaxed at my timing. I did really enjoy the symbology. I too think it was much better than the code and wished they would have opted it for the movie instead.

I like about four chapters on Deception Point. I miss Robert Langdon's presence in it but its a good read anyway. The description of the persidents advisor could not be closer to Janet Reno if he'd pasted her photo in there.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep
I finished Angels and Demons and a week later Pope John Paul dies. Needless to say, I was very amaxed at my timing. I did really enjoy the symbology. I too think it was much better than the code and wished they would have opted it for the movie instead.

It appears we both read it at the same time. The coincadence was more then a little strange, but enjoyable non-the-less. I thought Angels&Demons had been opted by films studios as well. You know they'll follow up Divinci Code with another movie.

Great books, but remember it's just fiction.

[edit on 23-8-2005 by Street Scholar]

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
is this book really about angels and demons???

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I LOVE this book. Its one of my favorite book, if not my favorite book. I couldn't put it down. I loved the ending. But it bothers me that Vittoria wasn't in the da vinci code, they just seemed like such a good couple.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ester
Grr, I loathe Dan Brown if only because he tries to pass off so many of the things in both Angels & Demons and The Da Vinci Code as true, hard, cold fact, when a LOT of it is inconclusive speculation at best.

In Brown's defense, I think he uses the "cold hard fact" tone of his books as a writer's tool. When he starts his books with "These organizations REALLY EXIST" it sets a tone that benefits the suspense of the book.

In reality, I'm pretty sure Brown doesn't claim that his books are even attempting any historical accuracy...in fact, when the authors of "Holy Blood, Holy Grail", a non-fiction book that Brown drew from as a resource for the DaVinci Code, tried to leech a few dollars off the success of the that book, Brown's response was (and I paraphrase here) "Hey I'm just writing fiction here..."

Just my 2 cents...Dan Brown's career will benefit from him being seen as a meticulous researcher and accurate historian...if indeed he allows that legend to propogate, that makes him a shrewd businessman, not a blatant liar.

new topics

top topics

join