It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colony of Technological advance?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I wonder what would be the results if you set up a community of people specifically orientated towards innovation and creative experimentation?

Instead of the standard, bland, machine monotony of most suburbs, you created a place intended to be quirky and wierd. Full of individualists/characters trying every possible oddball idea. In living, in transportion, in energy use, production and consumption. Full of wonderful philosopers and people with strange ideas.

A place of unmowed weeds, clutter and secret labs.

Sort of where the purpose of life was to create and/or try new or at least unused ideas out.

A non-traditional, acultural place for experimenters and dreamers.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Sign me up!

I just have to figure out some way to get out of this darned straight-jacket...

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
They already have it

There all underground LOL

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Even if something like this was to take place, imagine the cost of it all. It would take a lot of money for them to get the materials to build a new colony of just tech. Not only that, the people there would want to be paid for their ideas and inventions, or they would go and find someone that would pay them.

It just isn't a feasible idea or project, unless a country's government wished to risk money on something of that nature.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Often the highly intelligent tend to be good or bad parents just as much as the less intelligent.

Genetics only sets the stage for a mind, enviroment, including bad ones, lay out what fills that stage. Mensa parent have had stupid children, and "common" people have had super intelligent offspring.

If it was as simple at having a single colony, we would have seen them naturally form by now. However, humans range from below animal intelligence to ridiculously high intelligence with no pattern as to why.

new topics

top topics

join