It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

game of life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Hey, I am still very new here, but from what I have read I can see that it is highly likely that the events depicted in the computer game 'Deus Ex' are based on "facts" and real theories.

Does this therefore mean that the events in that game could become a reality? I mean it's all here... a synthetic disease created to iradicate some of the population, AIDS... Secret societies ready to take control... plausible?

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Man I LOVED that frikkin' game!

It is a must play for those interested in Sci Fi and the complexities of modern and ancient Secret Societies...

To answer your question I think yes and no.

The development group who made that game did their research - and put some really interesting facts and theories regarding secret societies in the game - but they did not intend it as a blueprint or warning against a totalitarian future.

However I think the game does indeed serve as a very visceral warning that we should heed, as it shows how many long lived secret societies can/will use technology to increase their control over the populase and further their own agendas.

And we already know how often whats sci fi or unthinkable yesterday becomes a reality today.

Who would have thought Americans would be forced to use National ID cards or have passports with RFID tags embedded in them?

Ludicrous people would have said only 10 years ago - however by 2007 it will be a fact!

Very scary stuff - it would behoove us all to learn more about white hat hacking so we can be prepared to exploit a totalitarian regimes weaknesses if necessary.

new topics

join