It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

alex jones,real or paranoia?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mickmeaney
Slightly off topic.. but this link makes some interesting points about alex jones.

My own opinion is that if you spend your days providing people with information, like a full time job and you have the chance to make a living from it.. why not?

I'm not 100% sure about the way alex jones does it, but each to their own. I can understand why questions about this and censorship have been raised.

Comment: Your link suggests that Alex Jones censors people, that is not the same thing as CNN Larry King screening, where people do not get to talk at all unless at least 90 per cent politically correct. Alex stops people in the middle of their comments at times, then allows them to speak again. When they persist in spouting nonsense contrary to mainsteam proofs of his particular viewpoint, he goes to the next caller. Major news outlets have abandoned their watchdog position, rather prefering the propaganda, ommissions and distractions. Alex Jones is covering everything, major news does cover a great deal in fact much of what Jones says is from major news and government reports. Now the problem is that major news does not know right from wrong and does not produce any editorial commentary. It just goes "microchips are good, take the chip," rubber stamping and approving something that is not even debatable but now deserves debate because weak arguments are dictated. If someone told you during Clinton "microchips are good," you would hear 20 tons of bible belt flaming on "the mark of the beast." Under Bush all this stuff is good?

What do you prefer continuous censorship of the obvious, or occasional reduction of time on an open line because the caller is has made his point but is irrelevant to the topic or theme of the hour about very important issues?

[edit on 13-5-2005 by SkipShipman]

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Sick of typing normally, gonna freestyle this next one.

Tha necessary thing, that I want you all to see
the proposed aspect of author cred-i-bil-ity,
How can we decipher the truth from the fiction
when jones lies to us more than prezident nixon,

I feel like morrison,
watching blind, lead blind
so i offer his quote
'cuz he knew thier kind
"he who contols the media,
controls the mind"

and rather did it best,
when he interviewed his guest,
always listened to the rest,
never acted like a pest,
putting Jones's information to the test
yeilds that it is second rate at best.
I may flow this in jest,
but plato taught the rest.
dancing shadows are a pest,
when the cave is your only nest,
but underneath your supraorbital crest,
lies the answer to this mess:

A lie with good intent
is just another lie
they want you to be content
with thier thoughtful lullabye
so question the government
I know I will try
but the media can go get bent
cuz they can't escape the EYE.

I'm no rapper. But not a bad flow nonetheless.

[edit on 14-5-2005 by Eyeofhorus]

[edit on 14-5-2005 by Eyeofhorus]

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Of course Alex Jones isn't going to know *everything.* But he's good for giving people a heads-up if nothing else.

You really think the NWO-types want people to know exactly what's going on?

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by iksmodnad
Alex Jones is a bad bad man. Do all your selfs a favor and not listen to him.

And who would you have us listen to?

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Doubters please answer me this, how is it that he has Congressmen and women and people working for the Government go on his radio show and back up his claims. Are they crazy too? The fact is no one is 100% perfect but I feel he backs up his claims with mainstream media and people who have worked inside the Government, it makes it hard for me to deny it's truth.

You have to think if you don't believe in any of this that if it is true there are obviously going to be people out there purposely TRYING TO debunk Alex Jones because they don't want the truth exposed.

if you want to really be open minded and give him a chance watch all of his videos here www.lastingnetworks.com/alex (does go down sometimes due to bandwidth limitations) and then ask yourself if you still feel it's all a lie.

[edit on 16-5-2005 by NoJustice]

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   

And who would you have us listen to?

If you believe him and can see eye to eye with him using all your logic than do not listen to my bias opinion, because you can obviously see I hate the guy, for reasons I don't feel like discussing for the millionth time.

how is it that he has Congressmen and women and people working for the Government go on his radio show

Why does Michale Moore go to have a 1 on 1 talk with George bush when every one in the world knows the two hate each other, the answer is simple. Publicity.

Are they crazy too?

If you ask me, yes.

The fact is no one is 100% perfect but I feel he backs up his claims with mainstream media and people who have worked inside the Government

Doesn't he claim the main stream media is ran by the NWO.

You have to think if you don't believe in any of this that if it is true there are obviously going to be people out there purposely TRYING TO debunk Alex Jones because they don't want the truth exposed.

although it may seem like I am "debunking" him I am not I just disagree with him, I have no problem with his supporters or even him for that matter. Its good to here a new opinion once in awhile but when It doesn't make sense to you and you can see past his logic then you tend to disagree with him. I am sure hes a great guy who is only trying to expose what he calls "the truth" and thats good and all but once I see past all the "Dooms Day" and NWO stuff all I see is anti-USA propaganda which is puzzling to me because Alex Jones s from Texas.

if you want to really be open minded and give him a chance watch all of his videos here www.lastingnetworks.com/alex (does go down sometimes due to bandwidth limitations) and then ask yourself if you still feel it's all a lie.

Thank you I'll take you up on that.

[edit on 16-5-2005 by iksmodnad]

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   

What are you doing in the NWO section with that attitude? Your avatar pleased me until I saw Icke and Jones crossed out. Moore, go ahead and cross his fat ass out, but Icke and Jones have useful info to follow, and I dont see what you are trying to say?

Whats your purpose behind this?

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
hmm if Alex Jones is such a "bad man" like someone said.. then why is he almost 100% correct? Why did he do a hit piece on 9/11 a few weeks after it occurred to expose even more then michael moore's Fairenheight 9/11. Why does he stand up for his believes as a leader instead of being a follower of the mass media propaganda.

Because HE LOVES AMERICAN AND WANTS IT TO BE LIKE IT SHOULD BE. Free of corporate government and fascist lies and deceit.

The definition of freedom clearly does not state.. "I as an american will not stand up for myself, I will follow the perceived truth laid out by a biased right wing, propaganda fuelled government."

It does clearly say this though.... "I as a human being have the capacity and ability to exercise choice and free will and I will do so with my own accord."

I admire Alex Jones and am an avid member of his site. I tell everyone I know to listen to him and they tell everyone they know.

[edit on 5-16-2005 by CPYKOmega]

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   

quote: And who would you have us listen to?

If you believe him and can see eye to eye with him using all your logic than do not listen to my bias opinion, because you can obviously see I hate the guy, for reasons I don't feel like discussing for the millionth time.

Like I said If you see eye to eye with him than no one is stoping you from supporting him.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I agree, the man sounds bipolar or someone who is on coke most of the time- but sensewise, he makes sense. What he says adds up way above what we are being told by any other source.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illuminous

What are you doing in the NWO section with that attitude? Your avatar pleased me until I saw Icke and Jones crossed out. Moore, go ahead and cross his fat ass out, but Icke and Jones have useful info to follow, and I dont see what you are trying to say?

He is probably a conservative who believes Bush and the Government will never do anything to harm us because they love us so much.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by JerryFletcher

He is probably a conservative who believes Bush and the Government will never do anything to harm us because they love us so much.

You're joking right?
If you even know about Alex he use to be a republic before he starting finding out the truth about the system. He is currently a democrat and will be so for years to come.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illuminous

Actualy I think Bush is pretty stupid, there are a lot of other people who could be doing his job better, John Kerry is not one of them. However I don't think hes a shape shifting lizard or out to murder us by the thousands. Bush might not be the smartest guy out there but I have more respect for him than all the guys in my avatar and admire the fact he has some common sense in him.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Actualy I think Bush is pretty stupid, there are a lot of other people who could be doing his job better, John Kerry is not one of them. However I don't think hes a shape shifting lizard or out to murder us by the thousands. Bush might not be the smartest guy out there but I have more respect for him than all the guys in my avatar and admire the fact he has some common sense in him.

to that i would say you have not researched the topic nearly enough. i respect your opinion, but an inclined to believe you have based your entire opinion on a cheap and easily made avatar: it is innovative, but rather cop outish,

i am not here to defend icke or moore, but you clearly have not fully absorbed jones message, or you would quickly remove him from that grouping. being sensational and passionate does not render him a kook by default: please atleast identify where exactly jones starts lying to us.....

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega

You're joking right?
If you even know about Alex he use to be a republic before he starting finding out the truth about the system. He is currently a democrat and will be so for years to come.

I was talking about iksmodnad not Alex Jones. Yes i do know Alex used to be a Republican and no you are wrong he is not a Democrat. What are you talking about..

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
He was a republican turned democrat. Please look at his site, read his information and you will know this is the truth.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
He was a republican turned democrat. Please look at his site, read his information and you will know this is the truth.

Are you kidding me? He cleary says on his new dvd Martial Law 9/11 Rise of the Police State that he is not from the right or left he is for freedom. Yea he used to be from the right but not anymore.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I'm not anti alex jones, just anti lie and anti propaganda.. no matter where it comes from. If the link I posted seems anti jones and offends, tough.

On this url jones predicted 9-11 months before it happened. If this link seems pro jones and offends, tough.

Just glad we have all this information in the first place.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mickmeaney
I'm not anti alex jones, just anti lie and anti propaganda.. no matter where it comes from. If the link I posted seems anti jones and offends, tough.

On this url jones predicted 9-11 months before it happened. If this link seems pro jones and offends, tough.

Just glad we have all this information in the first place.

I don't want to open my mouth seeing that enough people hate me for being so called "closed minded" but,
He didn't predict crap, when he mentioned the WTC he was referring to the first time it was attacked. Then he blamed the US government for generating terrorism something that has been happening in the US for years.

Now think about this why would the US. attack its own people we have everything to lose and nothing to gain, the NWO might be a claim for something to gain but thats just the illusion Jones is using for a motive. Watching that video just gave me some more ammo and I feel even more confident hes crazy. I could tell he was full of it just by hearing him talk. He almost reminds of when people are trying to back up an opinion on a topic like the Iraqi war, by using examples such as bin landed being a CIA asset.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 05:52 AM
link   
well said mickmeany, it IS good to have an ample supply of info, regardless where it comes from, but realize that every outlet has an agenda; some are just easier to read than others. i would argue that jones agenda is true patriotism; the man loves america enough to renounce his republicanism. and NO he is not a dem. the word is "paradigm"...

and i still think iksmodnad avatar is a joke; creative process went something like this:

"how can i convince the the biggest conspiratal site of my exceptional point of view?" .....

"i know! ill take the 3 biggest conspiracy theorists alive and group them as one, discrediting all, and thus establishing my own lack of opinion as supra profound" blah

[edit on 19-5-2005 by lost]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join