It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: Firefox 1.0.4 Patches Bugs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Mozilla has released a patch for the recently reported "extremely critical" flaws. The patch is available for Windows, Mac, and Linus versions. The turn around for Firefox patches has a history of being very short.

www.internetweek.com
The Mozilla Foundation posted a release candidate late Tuesday of a security update to Firefox that patches a pair of vulnerabilities leaked last weekend.

The Windows, Mac, and Linux versions of Firefox 1.0.4 can be downloaded from the Firefox FTP server.

Like the three previous updates released this year, 1.0.4 is a bug fix, in this case one that plugs a cross-scripting vulnerability which could let an attacker gain control of a Firefox-equipped computer if its user simply surfs to a malicious site.

The time from release candidate to final is typically short in Firefox security updates; it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for Firefox 1.0.4 to wrap by the end

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

To all those who have had concerns about the vulnerability of Firefox, the fix is here. The download site is in the link in the body of this submission and below.

Related News Links:
ftp.mozilla.org
www.techweb.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
SCI/TECH: Two Serious Security Holes Found in Firefox

[edit on 05/5/12 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I love this...as soon as some of the pro-IE folks can start crowing about "look, we actually found a flaw in Firefox!", there's a little icon on my browser telling me it's time for an update. Usually the same freaking day.

Just patched everything at the office here this morning, will do home systems tonight.

Security through obscurity has met it's match-it's name is Mozilla.

new topics

join