It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The PETA Conspiracy... They actually kill animals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Got to love this! The self-rightous group PETA that harrasses children for Fishing......

www.jewishworldreview.com...
www.fishinghurts.com...

kills animals by the thousands.

From July 1998 through the end of 2003, PETA killed over 10,000 dogs, cats, and other "companion animals" -- at its Norfolk, Virginia headquarters. That's more than five defenseless animals every day. Not counting the dogs and cats PETA spayed and neutered, the group put to death over 85 percent of the animals it took in during 2003 alone. And its angel-of-death pattern shows no sign of changing.

www.petakillsanimals.com...

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Killing an animal is not necessarily unethical, strays have to be destroyed, destroying them is humane. Peta would argue that kids catching fish for no reason is unethical, and that killing minks simply for their coats is unethical.

I don't see how anyone can say killing livestock for food, however, is unethical if you are destroying strays tho.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
hahaha this is great! www.petakillsanimals.com...

So why doesnt PETA make a deal and give the strays that are going to be put to death to all the companies that need the fur
Then they both have no reason to complain.

And honestly, I had no idea that they killed animals. Even that they are strays. They are so die hard about saving animals that you would never even think that. It's good that sites like these are coming out, Putting people in the know will definitely sway some peta supporters away from PETA, reguardless. They advertise themselves as the "angels" that love animals and would never ever ever hurt a little cute furry animal, even if it were strays. Its the point of how they portray themselves. Kinda like false advertising

[edit on 12-5-2005 by porschedrifter]

[edit on 12-5-2005 by porschedrifter]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Nygdan, they have protested/firebombed a guys house in San Fransico for doing this, killing strays. The local pound keeps the animals for a month then killed if no one adopts them. So PETA burns his house down, cause his wife to have a heart attack, torch his cars, so forth.

ALso, they firebomb places that do animal research, and are against anything from animal research. But VP of PETA is on insulin, something PETA says is evil for it was tested on pigs and dogs.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
PETA can be a very touchy subject for a lot of people, and some have very strong opinions about this group.

I support my local SPCA and admire the work that these people do. I think this is similar to the sort of thing that PETA is doing. You can't save every stray, and many animals come into shelters that are just not able to be placed in a good home.

Some of the work that PETA does is fantastic. They have uncovered some horrible abuse and cruelty that the public needed to be informed about.

It's too bad that they spoil their image by going to extremes that the general public can't accept.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Nygdan, they have protested/firebombed a guys house in San Fransico for doing this, killing strays. The local pound keeps the animals for a month then killed if no one adopts them. So PETA burns his house down, cause his wife to have a heart attack, torch his cars, so forth.

ALso, they firebomb places that do animal research, and are against anything from animal research. But VP of PETA is on insulin, something PETA says is evil for it was tested on pigs and dogs.

You hit the nail on the head! it is the hypocrisy of PETA that is so maddening. They say one thing and do another.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
peta believes that it is WRONG and should be illigal for people to have pets. therefore why kill the strays? after all what we may call a "stray" is an animal that is trying to live a "natural" life. any creature that lives within areas inhabbited by humans tend to live the same way. so instead of killing them if they truely believe that animals should be free then a better idea would be to move these animals to a less inhabbited area. this is especialy true when they seem to state quite often that "killing ANY animal for ANY reason is wrong". this includes hunting to thin down overpopulated animal heards. so why take a differant stance whn it comes to strays?

also i would add that even spaying or neutering an animal is "cruelty", the very type of thing that they are so adament about not permitting for reserch purposes.

peta is a terrorist organization by their acts and should be treated accordingly. why go arround the world terrorist hunting when such an organization is alowed to grow and flourish here? just yet another bit of hypocracy.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Not counting the dogs and cats PETA spayed and neutered, the group put to death over 85 percent of the animals it took in during 2003 alone.

Ok, the first part of this line is just idiotic. I can't see how ANYONE could complain about PETA or any other group spaying and neutering animals. Millions of animals are put to sleep every year because people are too ignorant to spay/neuter their pets. Just one unneutered cat can be responsible for the birth of THOUSANDS of other cats in a matter of a few years. We need to spay and neuter our pets so that we can reduce the amount of innocent animals that are put to sleep because there aren't enough homes for them.

While I don't agree with what PETA is doing here, or what some of their members have done in the past, I'm not going to rag on them. I eat meat, but I respect vegetarians. While I do not donate to PETA, I will continue to support them because I agree overall with most of the good things they have done. They've made lives much better for a lot of livestock and other animals. They've made fast food chains treat their animals better, and to kill them more humanely.

The real problem in this country is the dopes who go and buy pets without realizing that they are entering into a LIFETIME contract. When you get a pet you MUST keep it for the rest of its life, unless its eating your kids or something like that. I just want to punch people in the face who take puppies and kittens to the shelter because they "pooped or peed on the rug." Gimme a break! They're babies, thats what they do! You need to invest time and effort with your pets to teach them. It may even take a couple years for certain animals, especially ones who have been abused and are being given a new start. It's morons like those mentioned above and the sickos who go out and buy dalmations for their kids just because they saw 101 Dalmations. Next thing you know, the shelters are overloaded with dalmations that were given up. Don't get me started on that Taco Bell dog fad that people went through either!

Some people just shouldn't be allowed to have pets. It's a shame because I hate animal abusers even more than child abusers. Oh well.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
this could destroy PETA if it got big enough.

and since they are domestic terrorists - i can't say i'd shed a tear for them.
don't get me wrong, i care for animals and have had pets of all sorts all my life, but PETA goes too far.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Got to love this

1) PETA president and co-founder Ingrid Newkirk has described her group’s overall goal as “total animal liberation.” This means no meat, no milk, no zoos, no circuses, no wool, no leather, no hunting, no fishing, and no pets (not even seeing-eye dogs). PETA is also against all medical research that requires the use of animals.

2) Despite its constant moralizing about the “unethical” treatment of animals by restaurant owners, grocers, farmers, scientists, anglers, and countless other Americans, PETA has killed over 10,000 dogs and cats at its Norfolk, Virginia headquarters. During 2003, PETA put to death over 85 percent of the animals it collected from members of the public.

3) PETA has given tens of thousands of dollars to convicted arsonists and other violent criminals. This includes a 2001 donation of $1,500 to the North American Earth Liberation Front (ELF), an FBI-certified “domestic terrorist” group responsible for dozens of firebombs and death threats. During the 1990s, PETA paid $70,200 to an Animal Liberation Front (ALF) activist convicted of burning down a Michigan State University research laboratory. In his sentencing recommendation, a federal prosecutor implicated PETA president Ingrid Newkirk in that crime. And PETA vegetarian campaign coordinator Bruce Friedrich told an animal rights convention in 2001 that “blowing stuff up and smashing windows” is “a great way to bring about animal liberation.”

4) PETA activists regularly target children as young as six years old with anti-meat and anti-milk propaganda, often waiting outside their schools to intercept them as they walk to and from class-without notifying parents. One piece of kid-targeted PETA literature tells small children: “Your Mommy Kills Animals!” PETA brags that its messages reach over 2 million children every year, including thousands reached by e-mail without the permission of their parents. One PETA vice president told the Fox News Channel’s audience: “Our campaigns are always geared towards children, and they always will be.”

5) PETA has used a related organization, the PETA Foundation, to fund the misnamed Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM), a deceptive animal rights group that promotes itself as an unbiased source of medical and nutritional information. PCRM's president also serves as president of the PETA Foundation.

6) PETA runs campaigns seemingly calculated to offend religious believers. One entire PETA website is devoted to the claim-despite ample evidence to the contrary-that Jesus Christ was a vegetarian. PETA holds protests at houses of worship, even suing one church that tried to protect its members from Sunday-morning harassment. Its billboards taunt Christians with the message that hogs “died for their sins.” PETA insists, contrary to centuries of rabbinical teaching, that the Jewish ritual of kosher slaughter shouldn't be allowed. And its infamous “Holocaust on Your Plate” campaign crassly compares the Jewish victims of Nazi genocide with farm animals.

7) PETA has repeatedly attacked research foundations like the March of Dimes, the Pediatric AIDS Foundation, and the American Cancer Society, because they support animal-based research that might uncover cures for birth defects and life-threatening diseases. PETA president Ingrid Newkirk has said that “even if animal research resulted in a cure for AIDS, we would be against it.”

Wacko's

www.petakillsanimals.com...

[edit on 12-5-2005 by BlackJackal]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Just 2 points:

a) Trying to make everyone vegetarian is insane, PETA obviousely knows nothing about Biology. There are Autotrophs and Heterotrophs in this world, not meat-eaters and vegetarians. Autotrophs acquire Carbon sources from CO2 while Heterotrophs acquire Carbon sources by eating other organisms.

Only plants are Autotrophs, even if you are eating vegetables, you still a Heterotroph, your eating another living organism inorder to survive.

This is why the entire vegetarian debate is flawed to it's very foundation.

b) Medical research into animals is necessary to cure disease, it cannot be done without it. Research is tightly regulated by authorities and most of the current cures all come from research into living organisms in one way or another.

[edit on 13-5-2005 by rapier28]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Sorry but I'm not surprised that questionable conduct is coming from them.

Anyone who will kill or hurt one of God's creatures (man) to protest their conduct with another of God's creatures is insane.

How can you take yourself seriously when you state that you hate fur because it hurts animals but you'll go punch someone in the face to send that message.

Either you hurt NO creatures, or you do not criticize others. That is hypocrisy in a nutshell.

I don't think it's nice to wear a coat made out of dozens of minks. Doesn't mean I'd go crack a lady in the face for wearing one. That's just insane. Really. Hug a mink, slug a person. And they're advocates for treating creatures better. Funny!

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I guess I'm kind of weird when it comes to animals and their treatment; I cannot, for example, eat veal because I become nauseated thinking of how the calf is systematically tortured to make its meat "tasty".

On the other hand, in the late fall I usually go to the grocery store on the Kaibab Plateau between the Canyon and Utah and buy a hundred pounds of venison. My costs are the $12.50 fee, one 180-grain jacketed hollowpoint, and the task of skinning, cleaning, and butchering the deer.

I don't consider this hypocritical; I am an omnivore and seem to be wired that way. Yet torturing an animal and being unnecessarily cruel to it are the signs of a pathetic person, and a higher justice will see to it that the deeds of such people will be paid for, I am sure.

PETA may do some good things, but their attempts on forcing their religion on us gall me every bit as much as their obvious hypocrisy does. A pox upon them all!

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   

1) PETA president and co-founder Ingrid Newkirk has described her group’s overall goal as “total animal liberation.” This means no meat, no milk, no zoos, no circuses, no wool, no leather, no hunting, no fishing, and no pets (not even seeing-eye dogs). PETA is also against all medical research that requires the use of animals.

But aren't cats and dogs domesticated animals? They've become too soft to really fend for themselves that well in the wild. Many more would die.

One PETA vice president told the Fox News Channel’s audience: “Our campaigns are always geared towards children, and they always will be.”

Just like the tobacco companies!

It's absolutely insane to deify a special interest group, especially one with contradictions around every corner such as PETA

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
they have protested/firebombed a guys house in San Fransico for doing this, killing strays.

I certainly don't want to defend PETA. I'm not surprised at this. I do suggest tho that one can be against lots of stuff, but for the destruction of strays. Obviously one can't get against their destruction and also destroy them without being a hypocrit tho.
Of course, if giving them a donation gets more naked female models in body paint and in S&M cages......

But VP of PETA is on insulin, something PETA says is evil for it was tested on pigs and dogs.

I don't doubt that these are the only two instances of hypocrisy in their organization either.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Yeah insulin was tested on animals. As a matter of fact so was a huge amount of the medications many of us and our loved ones take every day that in some cases keep them alive.

It seems to me that if the PETA folks really wish to prove their point they should insist that all their members disassociate themselves from any and all advances that were brought about by such tests. It's easy to boycott fur coats and certain makeup. You don't need that. But I'd be interested to see if these supposed staunch opponents of animal testing would deny themselves or their family life saving medication that fits into that category. Let's all just agree that they wouldn't think about it and save some time.

I'd also like to say that I agree with off the street completely. I can respect their views in a sense. I believe each of us has the right to choose what we wish to do and not do, or use and not use. But to force others to follow your personal opinions, and to threaten or use violence to further that point is digusting and hypocritical. I can't understand anyone donating a nickel to someone with a hypocrisy level that high.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I have one that will make PETA's head spin:

www.local6.com...

Science class disects LIVING DOG!!!!!

No joke, no BS, they actually did it.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Peta make a Lot of money saying they help animals.
and they go out and safe? animals all over.
and from vets and othere rescue centres.

then they take them and Kill them.
they have been found by the police dumping the bodies in skips.
it did not say how they killed them!

Peta are sick and evil. let people know.
so they stop giving them money.

new topics

top topics

join