It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"If I could talk to Americans..."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
...........to paraphrase Doctor Doolittle

If any Americans are wishing to join the debates on the ATS aircraft board here are a few hard a fast rules which will make your time productive and enjoyable, for you, but bloody annoying for everyone else but as they are foreign it doesn't matter.

Points to remember;

1, American is best - it matters not a jot what the subject matter is, this is a basic fundamental truth and you must stick to it tenaciously, even if comparing the Spitfire to the Brewster Buffalo,l never be shaken from it, accept it.

2. America is pure - This is far less prevalent than point 1 which is almost universally held to be true, however, if it doesn't make you choke always put across that America is fair and just and would never stoop to dirty tricks whilst other countries are at it all the time. No-one will believe you except you, but hey, go with it.

3 Action counts! - this relates to the point where an invention that is being 'big-upped' to death by our US brethren is irrefutably proven to have been designed, schemed or just plain thought of somwhere else on the planet first (Westland tilt rotor to V-22 is merely one example). The stance to be taken by every true patriot here is that what really counts is is that America actually built it ( the influx of the original overseas designers and engineers to oversee the programme is irrelevant and not to be accepted as grounds for credit in any way).

4 Intellectual property - this is the opposite of the above where another nation has produced something based on an original US idea (example - Boeing YC-14 to An-72). Here the standpoint is that America is best because "we thought of it first". The word 'contradiction' does not exist here, don't worry about it.

5 The Ace up the Sleeve- This is the ultimate weapon, only to be used as a last resort. In the unlikely event that the Foreign swine has argued you into a corner regarding the merits of the 'Bloggs Wonderjet' and try as you might there is no superior US rival, very carefully deploy the "Ah yes. but our secret black programmes are so far in front of you that you don't know what great stuff we are hiding" counterargument. It is of course complete tosh and the point that you can't possibly know whether any such thing exists or not is another irrelevance to your winning the argument. Thats the beauty of it! Its so ridiculous that nobody, and I mean nobody can argue against it.

result = You win, America is top dog and the world can sleep easy. God Bless America

[edit on 12-5-2005 by waynos]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Good,

It looks like we have one convert to the "One Big Truth" in the world. Anyone else want to step into the light. Don't be bashful. But seriously, there might be a shred of truth to line 5.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   
You could cut the sarcasm with a knife in this post. Waynos, I almost have to give you credit for nearly disguising this massive insult to Americans.

Anybody else see this post as a sarcastic attempt at putting down the USA?

Waynos: This thread is extremely adolescent. This is the type of thread I would expect from somebody who isn’t clever enough to go out and find some real data to support an argument.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Considering some of the anti-French stuff that goes up on the boards this comes across as mighty tame, and as a cross between a "tea sipping limey who looks down my nose at all and sundry" and a "cheese eating surrender monkey" I can be offended by my own reflection!

Tres amusant waynos!

Before laughing at others people should always be capable of laughing at themselves. And believe me, I'm more than capable of laughing at my own foibles.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I agree with you in point Deny, but this post has no point other than to insult, and that’s a problem.

If he was adding negative American commentary to a story or news he was reporting that’s one thing, but a post with the sole intent on starting a brawl, that’s another entirely.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
While adolescent in tone, hehe...it is an interesting observation, and I have no doubt regarding waynos' aircraft knowledge...nor would anyone who has read his posts...

Sarcasm though it may be....it is a basic truth of how we Americans see our own aircraft projects. So, allow me to direct some back....

Waynos, welcome into the fold! It's nice to know that foreigners can also recognize the might and supremecy of US air design! Let the healing process begin!

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Actually Garzok, your right. Ill give it a go:

Thanks Waynos!! Its about time some of you non Americans figured out who the best. Keep spreading the word!

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Cheers guys, glad you get the joke, but ooh, skippy, are those grapes sour?

Anybody else see this post as a sarcastic attempt at putting down the USA?

Actually I like the USA and Americans in general, it is a sarcrastic illustration of the way several members, who just happen to be American, always seem to follow the said line of reasoning. Just a satirical observation, nothing more.

Waynos: This thread is extremely adolescent. This is the type of thread I would expect from somebody who isn’t clever enough to go out and find some real data to support an argument.

Yes, guilty as charged

[edit on 13-5-2005 by waynos]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
well i said it before and ill say it again the world ows where it is in this modern day to the US.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
well i said it before and ill say it again the world ows where it is in this modern day to the US.

Thats very noble but I think its unfair to expect the USA to shoulder all of the blame.

new topics

top topics

join