It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern Satanism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Pro's and cons...... what do you think of the philosophy. is it humanistic or too self-centered?

(i'm talking about modern satanism, not traditional, and by modern i'm not just referring to LaVeyan......)

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I have no idea. I'll stick with God seeing as how he made Satan and is gonna win the fight anyways.

Jesus, Jesus he's our man!
If he can't do it,
no one else can!

Tassadar

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Satanism....

To which do you subscribe? Perhaps, if you summarized it here, we could then give you input....

Thanks!

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 12:14 PM
link   
lol Tassadar, cute - you go !

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 12:17 PM
link   
i know there are many branches of modern satanism, i'm not sure how i'd describe myself, i tend to like a mix of laVey, Nietzsche, some humanistic psychologyists (who i believe correspond with modern satanism), also the 11 satanic rules of the earth (though many i supose are common sense)......

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Hey could you post the "11 rules of Satanism"
I'm not ging to criticize, just interested...

Tassadar

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 01:23 PM
link   
but I am curious as well....(when searching, I saw some differences in this list, so if you could post the one you are referring to)...

Reminds me of the boxing match between Satan and Jesus on South Park, hehe... Satan is all buff, Jesus is weak, so the whole town bets on Satan (except Satan of course, who bets on Jesus, then throws the fight, leaving with all of their money!
)

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Um - i'm not into the 'satan Vs jesus' thing, i dont actually believe in satans existence, and i quite respect some of Jesus's views ....

Here are the 11 satanic rules of the earth as requested, i suppose the idea that some are common sense will depend on interpretation. Some of the words used are harsher than how i would word it if i'm honest.Personally i think 1, 2 and 8 are those that i seriously try to consider on most occasions.

1) do not give your opinion or advice unles syou are asked.
2)Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure that they want to hear them.
3)When in anothers lair, show him respect or else do not go there.
4)If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.
5) Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the 'mating signal'
6)Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the person and he cries out to be relieved.
7)Acknowledge the power of magick if you have used it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magick after having called upon it with success then you will lose all you have obtained.
8)Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
9) do not harm little children
10) Do no kill non-human animals unless attacked or for food.
(11)If walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Well,

I like number 9.
save the little kiddies!!!

Number 11's kind of scary, I'm never going to make you mad.

Interesting.

What exactly do you believe in?

Tassadar

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 03:37 AM
link   

What exactly do you believe in?

to be honest ...a mixture of things, and i'm still searching. I believe that i cant disprove that there is a god, but either way it has no relevence to my life. I cant be decietful and live by anothers rules(i'd have to agree with them first)... and no god would respect that. I focus more on this life than any idea of afterlife, and see myself as god of my own little reality (in the sense that i dont pas responsibility of my actions on to anyone, or hope/pray for circumstances to change - i'm the only one capable of making positive change in my life.)
i anti-violence and war, yet i also believe that revenge can sometimes be productive,i have a very critical view of human nature i suppose. I'm starting to believe though, that people are both spiritual/self-actualised/powerful and at thesame time animal yet i dont support a break within that bond, but believe in balance. So my views are a big mixture of philosophies and religions and my own constant paranoid questions and arguements in my head, basically. thanks for asking though

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 03:41 AM
link   
About number 11, yeah thats the one that i'd prefer to be worded less harshly. But how i interpret it (for myself, not for anyone else) is that when in open territory you are not forced to respect someone and go by their rules as you are on their own grounds ('lair'/house), so if in a neurtal area someone decides to treat you badly, and persists after you have asked politly to stop, then there are no restrictions upon you anymore to how you treat that person. I personally dont agree with violence, but i would certainly say something to them.....

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Anton LeVey's daughter was on the Scarborough show on MSNBC this past week and her response to the same question was that Satanism was the philosophy that gives total freedom to human beings....her words in paraphrase.

[Edited on 2-8-2003 by Tyriffic]

new topics

top topics

join