It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former German Minister Confirms CIA Involvement In 911

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by akilles
I run into people all the time who claim to be religious fundamentalists.

They are actually the most ruthless kind of cunning, willing to stoop to any level, and thus requiring the cover, or 'front', of being so religious as to be unconfrontable.

I used to be a total Christian/conservative Republican. Today's right wing religious fanatics are freaky, man. Their leaders (Dobson, Robertson, Kennedy et. al.) are fascists cloaking themselves in Christianity. Their followers are being led down a path straight to hell.

I'm a Christian who was raised to KNOW what the scriptures say, myself. These people are anything but Jesus-following.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Originally posted by akilles
I run into people all the time who claim to be religious fundamentalists.

They are actually the most ruthless kind of cunning, willing to stoop to any level, and thus requiring the cover, or 'front', of being so religious as to be unconfrontable.

I used to be a total Christian/conservative Republican. Today's right wing religious fanatics are freaky, man. Their leaders (Dobson, Robertson, Kennedy et. al.) are fascists cloaking themselves in Christianity. Their followers are being led down a path straight to hell.

I'm a Christian who was raised to KNOW what the scriptures say, myself. These people are anything but Jesus-following.

EastCoastKid proves exactly my point.
These people who commit these crimes, they are not christian, they are not muslim, and they are not jewish. Because if you commit crimes like that, you don't follow the teachings. In which case, "fundemantalist" is not the right word, because it's not "an extreme version of christianity", it's either christianity, or not christianity.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister
These people who commit these crimes, they are not christian, they are not muslim, and they are not jewish. Because if you commit crimes like that, you don't follow the teachings. In which case, "fundemantalist" is not the right word, because it's not "an extreme version of christianity", it's either christianity, or not christianity.

So true Syrian Sister. The people who claim the mantle of God and wreak havoc on the people are no followers of any faith 'of the book'. They are liars and frauds and those who follow them will be led astray. If people only knew what their teachings were - for themselves, they would not be so fooled. Read the WORD for yourselves!!

Anyone who doesn't get what I'm saying, pick up a bible, read the Gospels, read the serman on the mount, the Olivet discourse.. then ask yourselves - is the Jesus these wolves in sheep's clothing claim to embrace the Jesus you find in the New Testament? Does He seem remotely similar? I'm sure the same could be said for the other books of faith.

<< 3  4  5   >>

join