It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who really was Mohandas K. Ghandi ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The word "mahatma", while widely mistaken for Gandhi's given name, is a Sanskrit term of reverence that literally means "great soul".
Was Ghandi, fighting on behalf of all Indians or was he only fighing for the rights of a few?
Well lets look at history and also writings from the man himself.

"Ghandi was not a whit less racist than the racists of South Africa. When Gandhi formed the Natal Indian Congress on August 22, 1894, the no. 1 objective he declared was: "To promote concord and harmony among the Indians and Europeans in the Colony." [Collected Works (CW)1 pp. 132-33]"
"What was the harm in making an effort to bring understanding among all people, irrespective of colour, creed or religion? Did not Gandhi know that a huge population of blacks and coloured lived there? Perhaps to Gandhi they were less than human beings."
[url]http://www.cgjungpage.org/talk/showpost.php?p=59233&postcount=1[\url]

On June 2, 1906 he commented in the Indian Opinion that "Thanks to the Court's decision, only clean Indians (meaning upper caste Hindu Indians) or colored people other than Kaffirs, can now travel in the trains."
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. might have heard the word of non-violence from Gandhi, but I doubt if he knew the real Ghandi.

A man loyal to the British Empire and Imperialism?

The Natal Municipal Corporation Bill, in the Indian Opinion of March 18, 1905, Gandhi wrote: "Clause 200 makes provision for registration of persons belonging to uncivilized races (meaning the local Africans), resident and employed within the Borough. [url]http://www.howcomyoucom.com/articles/nov282000.htm[\url]

"Gandhi’s use of the Hindu religion as justification for civil disobedience was disastrous. Not only did it alienate the members of other religions in India, principally the Muslims, but it legitimised the caste system. Gandhi opposed one caste oppressing another, but he never came out in favour of the abolition of the caste system itself. Many "untouchables" were alienated in this way. The massacres that took place after independence were at least partly due to Gandhi’s reluctance to include the Muslims within his Congress Party." [url]http://flag.blackened.net/af/org/issue46/myth.html[\url]

I will list a few more sources for reading

·"The Gandhi Nobody Knows" by Grenier (Commentary, March 1983)

·www.mkgandhi.org... for name of Natal Ambulance Corps

·www.kzn-deat.gov.za... for Spioenkop, verified at www.classicafrica.com...

·www.progress.org... and www.mkgandhi.org... for Indian attitudes on World War I

·The rebel in the Gandhi family, The Hindustan Times, July 19, 1998; verified at www.discovery.com...

·www.tristagenova.com...

What are we teaching our kids? Why was this man put on a pedestal?
How long will we allow the media to keep us deaf dumb and blind about TRUTH AND HISTORY?

I' sure most of you have read this already... but I still cannot believe that the Movie was so biased and one sided.

new topics

join