It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The age of nuclear terrorism is upon us.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
If you have paying any attention to the news the last day or so, you would know that the Europeans have basically given up on negotiations with Iran over its nuclear development. Iran is adamant about restarting its enrichment.

Blair stated earlier today: “We certainly will support referral to the U.N. Security Council if Iran breaches it undertaking and obligations..” CNN.com

Hasan Rowhani, the top negotiator with Iran stated “Continuation of negotiations in their present format is not possible for us. The basic point that the Islamic Republic of Iran will resume part of its nuclear activities in the near future is definite” Iran Focus

Iran of course is threatening to resume immediately if talks don’t go their way. So, it’s basically imminent that Iran will restart its enrichment ASAP.

Old news you say? Same old Iran rhetoric that’s been going around for months now you say? Who cares? Well look what Iran is really up to…

The New York Sun reports:

The USA has received intelligence from a resistance group within Iran confirming the existence of a parallel nuclear weapon program.

“One of these officials said that the political arm of the terrorist group the Mujahedin-e Khalq, known as the National Council for Resistance in Iran, has provided intelligence to America of a secret Iranian program within the past six months. The national council first publicized the underground enrichment facility in Natanz in 2002, though the CIA was aware of the site for many years before the announcement.”

What? An Iranian group from within the country has confirmed the USA’s intelligence stating that Iran really is developing nuclear weapons. The USA has claimed this for years, and now the rest of the world is coming to the same conclusion. The EU has all but handed over Iran to the UN Security Council. Even France has all but halted talks with Iran.

But what does all this mean? It means that the world’s most prolific state sponsor of terrorism will have nuclear capabilities very, very soon.

Iran has all but admitted its support for terrorist organizations such as Hamas and Hezbollah. Iran provides money, training, weapons and safe haven for the terrorists they support. This official report details Iran’s terrorist activities.

Iran will be capable of providing its terrorist partners with the nuclear weapons they so desperately desire, and soon.

Combine Iran’s Islamic extremism and mandate for Islamic world domination with their affinity for terrorism and it quite clear that nuclear weapons in Iran’s hands can only end in massive destruction and tragedy.

Fact: Iran sponsors terrorist organizations and assassinations

Fact: Iran wants to convert the world to Islam

Fact: Iran desires the destruction of all things western

And now, FACT: Iran is developing nuclear weapons as we speak

How can these facts be ignored? How can the world allow a situation like this to mature into a world petrified by nuclear terrorism? Iran will soon have the ability to execute their extreme desires of destruction and terrorism. The very moment Iran hands a nuke to a terrorist group, the end of the world will be upon us…

Welcome people, to the age of nuclear terror

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Can't you consolidate these things into one "OMG Iran Panic!" thread?

Does there really need to be another one every few days?

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

This is new news, please comment on the topic.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I think the japanese would say we terrorized them with nuclear weapons a long long time ago......the genie has been out of the bottle for decades

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
I think the japanese would say we terrorized them with nuclear weapons a long long time ago......the genie has been out of the bottle for decades

think of it as returning the favor for terrorizing the Chinese for biological weapons, and the use of kamikazes aka Divine Wind on American Navy.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

The USA has received intelligence from a resistance group within Iran confirming the existence of a parallel nuclear weapon program.

Well, this sounds terribly familiar.... Where did I hear it before? Oh right,
it was the Fraudster Extraordinaire, Mr. Chalabi, a "resistance" Iraqi figure, that fed us "intelligence" about the Iraqi extensive WMD programs. Which he probably drafted tongue-in-cheek sitting in his kitchen, and then proceed to cash a fat US check.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
What I am worried about happening is all the 'little guys', such as Iran and other countries starting to get more bold with regards to nuclear weapons.

I wonder if Iran is thinking along the lines of "if N. Korea can do it, so can we". Then another small country will follow along the same thought process, but add Iran into the mix. The next thing you know, many, many countries will have nuclear weapons. It just takes one itchy finger to push the button and send the world into nuclear oblivion.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
It’s important to clearly understand the United State’s problem here. Iran’s behavior for the last 30 years is akin to the United States giving Pat Robertson’s right wing extremists all the explosives and weapons and training facilities they desire, then letting them loose on Mexican and Canadian Muslims.

Now Iran is about to obtain nuclear weapons. They have never hesitated give religious fanatics access to their arsenals and nothing in their demeanor suggests this will change going forward.

How can the United States be expected to believe that nuclear weapons will not end up in the hands of extremist Arab Muslims? What assurances have we been given? Not ONE! Iran has resisted all efforts to implement a transparent and verifiable process for handling uranium.

Before the Iranian apologists come out of the woodwork let’s review a few things:

The Russians have volunteered to enrich the uranium and make sure it’s provided to Iran as long as everything is monitored and tracked.

No one is trying to tell Iran that they cannot have a nuclear power plant. We recognize that nuclear power is a good thing for Iranian citizens and want to make this a reality.

THERE IS NO REASON FOR IRAN TO ENRICH URANIUM OTHER THAN FOR NUCLEAR WEAPONS PRODUCTION!!!

Israel will never tolerate a nuclear armed Iran (or Syria or Saudi Arabia or Egypt for that matter).

Iran is marching towards war, perhaps a limited nuclear war, VERY quickly. I do not understand their logic here unless they must be thinking of a nuclear first strike and may have already produced several nukes secretly and are hoping to provoke an Israeli / US conventional first strike to justify the response…in which case any Iranian readers have my deepest sympathy and condolences in advance.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Excellent post MrNice

Things are going to get interesting quite quickly. With the threat of NK test firing a nuke at some point in the near future as well.......the UN Security Council might have a lot on its plate pretty soon. The question is, will Israel even wait to see what the UN does? Or will they decide to strike as soon as Iran resumes their enrichment program?

[edit on 12-5-2005 by Curio]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
In general I find it strange, to say the least, that Iran is permited to continue its illegal program, forget Europe or the US, the IAEA is telling them to cooperate and they are not. Nuke Tech was spread by the west with the hopes that it could be used for peace, get the tech, agree to let everyone inspect and monitor. They've gotten the tech, now they're buying more tech. The original agreement still applies. The IAEA needs to formally sanction them or something.

edit:
This is abig problem. The US has, effectively, no command intelligence system. THe US can't collect, gather, interpret, and act upon intelligence anymore. Thats the big catastrophe from the Iraq war. TO the best of everyone's knowledge, they had WMD. Now they don't. If it was fraud, then the intelligence community is useless. If it was an error, then the intelligence community is useless. And if it was manipulation (by the iranians via chalabi), then the intelligence community is useless.
Obviously intelligence has to be gathered, but it can't be a primary thing cited for any action, least of all war now.

[edit on 12-5-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Okay so lets all engage in an eye for and eye or tit for tat style of warfare. Just like WW1 but over decades and when the last two standing bricks are kicked over by the sole survivor of the blue team we cam claim total victory.

Where are the intelligence services? If war has moved off of the battlefield and into our homes then why aren't we moving underground to beat the enemy at their own game?

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Good post Mr Nice, The Iranian Mullahs are playing a dangerous game with the United States and the rest of the world. I think maybe its pride that keeps them from backing down.....pride or just plain stupidity.

Maximu§

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

This is new news, please comment on the topic.

U mean this is all propaganda, im sick n tired of convincing sheeple that they are played.
Actually i dont give a ratsfart what happens in the US, atleast if europe keeps their sanity. The US is a lost cause IMHO.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrNice

Now Iran is about to obtain nuclear weapons. They have never hesitated give religious fanatics access to their arsenals and nothing in their demeanor suggests this will change going forward.

what a stupid reply
just like the US of A never hesitated to arm anti govermnet movements and other people who are fighting people they dont like

iran is supporting those aka hazbullah who is fighting isreali occupation

whats with Iran giveing terrorists full access to arsenals
if that was true why arnt terrorist armed with chemical weapons?
since iran is known to have lots of those.

How can the United States be expected to believe that nuclear weapons will not end up in the hands of extremist Arab Muslims? What assurances have we been given? Not ONE! Iran has resisted all efforts to implement a transparent and verifiable process for handling uranium.

as i said above if thats so true
why dont these terrorists of yours have chemical weapons?
if you have please give me a credible source where iran have given terrorists chemicals weapons if you think all the sudden they will start giving nukes

Before the Iranian apologists come out of the woodwork let’s review a few things:

The Russians have volunteered to enrich the uranium and make sure it’s provided to Iran as long as everything is monitored and tracked.

No one is trying to tell Iran that they cannot have a nuclear power plant. We recognize that nuclear power is a good thing for Iranian citizens and want to make this a reality.

THERE IS NO REASON FOR IRAN TO ENRICH URANIUM OTHER THAN FOR NUCLEAR WEAPONS PRODUCTION!!!

actuily there is
its more cheap and is more self effitiant and since they are standing a good stockpile it could be good business in the future when their oil reserves are dead

Israel will never tolerate a nuclear armed Iran (or Syria or Saudi Arabia or Egypt for that matter).

who takes a s**t what israel thinks
the only thing they are worried is about
is the fact they wont be able to throw their weight around as much

Iran is marching towards war, perhaps a limited nuclear war, VERY quickly. I do not understand their logic here unless they must be thinking of a nuclear first strike and may have already produced several nukes secretly and are hoping to provoke an Israeli / US conventional first strike to justify the response…in which case any Iranian readers have my deepest sympathy and condolences in advance.

why think that?
the only countries that have been threatening other soverign countries is the US
all Iran says it will strike back if attacked and unlike Iraq ( more worse of then a third world country ) Iran have the means to cause damage to US forces and Israeli forces if they launch an attack

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I do not understand their logic here unless they must be thinking of a nuclear first strike and may have already produced several nukes secretly and are hoping to provoke an Israeli / US conventional first strike to justify the response…in which case any Iranian readers have my deepest sympathy and condolences in advance.

Actually it has occurred to me that Iran may well be hoping to provoke a US or Israeli strike. Not because they are looking for an excuse to attack, but for domestic political reasions.

Iran's leadership right now is in a shaky position, and they know it. Iran has an increasingly youthful population that has little love for the current leadership. However, a military strike by an foreign power would likely have a "rally round the flag" effect, getting people behind the current government.

They have little to fear from a US or Israeli airstrike, a setback for their nuclear program to be sure, but they may well see that as an acceptable price to pay to stay in power. "Regime change", which would require an invasion, is not likely - the US simply doesn't have the troop strength for a full out invasion.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
The reason why the terrorists have not pulled off a biological attack is because they are not intelligent enough. It would require much more planning and knowledge to deliver a chemical attack without a missile. Therefore it is very unrealistic that such an attack would take place with much human casualties. A nuclear device however is small enough to sneak around and plant. It could be detonated from far away and does not need any other form of support (like a missile) to be used.

These fanatacal bastards are inferior in mind and wisdom. They are intent on causing harm,death and damage because they are easily brainwashed by others who claim it is God`s will. Islam is the terrorists weapon of choice and by using it they can implore almost any evil act they so desire. I`m not saying all Muslims are bad people, but the fact is that the Koran is open to so much interpretation that the ability for the terrorists to use it for their own purposes is there.

Back to the thread, the terrorists are too dumb to successfully pull off a chemical or biological attack. But once you get your hands on a nuke the hard part is over. It spells destruction for the non-islam world.(but ultimately will probably spell destruction to the muslim world)

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   

The New York Sun reports:

“One of these officials said that the political arm of the terrorist group the Mujahedin-e Khalq, known as the National Council for Resistance in Iran, has provided intelligence to America of a secret Iranian program within the past six months. The national council first publicized the underground enrichment facility in Natanz in 2002, though the CIA was aware of the site for many years before the announcement.”

LOL, are you talking about the same Mujahedin-e Khalq that is designated as a terrorist organization by the Department of State? The same MEK that is guilty of slaughtering American and British soldiers and civilians? The same MEK that, despite murdering your countrymen, is now one of Rumsfeld's pets and will say anything they are paid to say?

You need to take some time out from your hate-whatever-the-government-tells-me-to-hate parroting and read up some. I'm sure you won't bother, but here's a little about the MEK for you.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
This lady came up to me the other day and had this papers with her... She said that she had some information, that the US was going to invade Iran on the 7th of June...

Now I dont wanna say I believe her - but I wouldn't be surprised...

Has anyone else heard this rumor?

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
This isn't what the lady had - but just a website I came across looking for information...

COUNTDOWN TO ATTACK ON IRAN & SYRIA

25 days left before war with Iran

Are we going to stand idly by as more sovereign countries are attacked? This farce has nothing to do with getting rid of nuclear weapons in the Middle East or else the US would shut down the billions of dollars of aid that Israel receives. Money that is funneled into its massive chemical, biological and nuclear arsenal, which is turning Israel into a dominant superpower. Their military & political might remains unchecked. They are in firm control of the world's remaining superpower, the United States, and it's massive military force. Ariel Sharon is ordering the United States around like a drunken man abusing his wife. And like a typical abused wife, the United States refuses to acknowledge it. The transparency of the situation is obvious, how long are we going to let it continue?

Mr. Sharon and company may be biting off a bit more than they can chew if he attacks Iran though. Russia and Iran have a mutual defense agreement and it has been reported that Russia has SS-N-22 "Sunburn" missiles stationed in Iran that could turn Tel Aviv into glass should they attack.

Recently there have been large troop redeployments (see articles below) out of Iraq in preparation of an attack on Iran. Stateside nurses are being sent to 'field hospitals' too. Look for the attack to happen around June 6, 2005.

The reason Mossad has been killing off the microbiologist scientists could be that they are planning a false flag operation to wage a biological attack on the United States after Iran is attacked (most likely by Israel initially). They don't want anyone around that would be smart enough to see through their plan and trace the strains back to Israel. They did the same thing after Mossad attacked the WTC on 9/11 when the zionist Dr. Philip Zack sent Anthrax letters. This would increase hatred of Iran and justify the upcoming draft and all out war to increase Israel's borders.

Written Feb.6, 2005

www.nogw.com...

Pretty out there - I suppose only time will tell... its at this point I would like to refer people back to this

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by csulli456
The reason why the terrorists have not pulled off a biological attack is because they are not intelligent enough. It would require much more planning and knowledge to deliver a chemical attack without a missile. Therefore it is very unrealistic that such an attack would take place with much human casualties. A nuclear device however is small enough to sneak around and plant. It could be detonated from far away and does not need any other form of support (like a missile) to be used.

These fanatacal bastards are inferior in mind and wisdom. They are intent on causing harm,death and damage because they are easily brainwashed by others who claim it is God`s will. Islam is the terrorists weapon of choice and by using it they can implore almost any evil act they so desire. I`m not saying all Muslims are bad people, but the fact is that the Koran is open to so much interpretation that the ability for the terrorists to use it for their own purposes is there.

Back to the thread, the terrorists are too dumb to successfully pull off a chemical or biological attack. But once you get your hands on a nuke the hard part is over. It spells destruction for the non-islam world.(but ultimately will probably spell destruction to the muslim world)

So obviously you don't believe the official story about 9/11 right? You must agree it was an inside government assisted job because if your so sure the Terrorists are simply not smart enough to attack anyone succussfully with bio or chem weapons then you'd have to admit they weren't smart enough to pull of multiple hijackings with boxcutters which defy logic, defy US airspace rules and defy all intelligence measures within the US.

If they pulled off 9/11 completely on their own, they are damn smart, they outsmarted EVERY post in the US and managed to breach the highest levels of US security.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join