It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its Official, in 3 years we will all have our NWO ID...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I have a better question for this thread.

By 2008, will you accept the National ID Card? Seeing as how my drivers license doesn't expire until 2013 which leaves plenty of time for the antichrist, mayans, jesus or aliens to return and destroy us, I will not accept this "mark". My DL and other subsequent documents should proof without a doubt my identity to any and all authorities. Religion or no religion, its eerily similar to the beginning of our worst nightmares. I say no in 08 to the Mark.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by RebelSaint
I have a better question for this thread.

By 2008, will you accept the National ID Card? Seeing as how my drivers license doesn't expire until 2013 which leaves plenty of time for the antichrist, mayans, jesus or aliens to return and destroy us, I will not accept this "mark". My DL and other subsequent documents should proof without a doubt my identity to any and all authorities. Religion or no religion, its eerily similar to the beginning of our worst nightmares. I say no in 08 to the Mark.

Also instead of being complacent and whining about these id's, move to the city, purchase a bike, roller blades, or take the subway/buses...
This way you can use your old id's for other things.

Also you could do what the libertarian former prez candidates does; drive a car without plates and a liscence and claim he has his constitutional right to do so... He gets tickets sure, but he doesn't pay em.

[edit on 25-8-2005 by TrueLies]

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies

Also instead of being complacent and whining about these id's, move to the city, purchase a bike, roller blades, or take the subway/buses...
This way you can use your old id's for other things.

Also you could do what the libertarian former prez candidates does; drive a car without plates and a liscence and claim he has his constitutional right to do so... He gets tickets sure, but he doesn't pay em.

[edit on 25-8-2005 by TrueLies]

I already live in the city (NYC). The point is alternative transportation will not solve this ID problem because it will be required to access any Federal buildings or zones. So you can ride your bike to the post office but if you dont have your National ID card then you are not only not sending any mail but you won't be allowed into the building.

This (Real ID) is pretty much the deathblow to the independence of each state in America. It brings all local and state-level projects under federal funding and control. Each state will have to be subservant to the Federal govt and that is the great threat facing each and every one of us even if we remain ignorant on the ramifications of this national ID card.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Ehm, what exactly is the problem here? Do you think they can store any more information on your National ID then they can store in the SS databases?

I mean seriously, when you get pulled over, and the cop asks for your Drivers License: He instantly knows all your past crimes, speeding tickets, if you have a warrant, if you're on a "watch list", how old you are, where you live.. if you're a male or female, what race you are.. etc etc

Do you really think a NID card will be any different?

And people keep talking about "freedom" here. If the NID card is used say.. to enter public subways.. how is them "keeping track" of your "movements" taking away your freedom? If you're not making bombs in your basement and trying to get on the subway, then theres absolutly nothing to "worry" about.

Do you really think the government is going to hire a private investigator to monitor your every move through your NID card? Uhm.. no. The only time they'll look at your card history is if you commit a crime and they need to backtrack your movements.

This card is no different then Londons huge CCTV system, or the CCTV System due to arrive in the USA. They can essentially follow a person around the city if they wanted to.

I think a NID card with a CCTV system would be an excellent crime deterrant.

"Oh damn, Billy Bob's in the supermarket again.. quick, contact the FBI and make sure he's not buying anything illegal!"

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSoul
Ehm, what exactly is the problem here? Do you think they can store any more information on your National ID then they can store in the SS databases?

I mean seriously, when you get pulled over, and the cop asks for your Drivers License: He instantly knows all your past crimes, speeding tickets, if you have a warrant, if you're on a "watch list", how old you are, where you live.. if you're a male or female, what race you are.. etc etc

Do you really think a NID card will be any different?

And people keep talking about "freedom" here. If the NID card is used say.. to enter public subways.. how is them "keeping track" of your "movements" taking away your freedom? If you're not making bombs in your basement and trying to get on the subway, then theres absolutly nothing to "worry" about.

Do you really think the government is going to hire a private investigator to monitor your every move through your NID card? Uhm.. no. The only time they'll look at your card history is if you commit a crime and they need to backtrack your movements.

This card is no different then Londons huge CCTV system, or the CCTV System due to arrive in the USA. They can essentially follow a person around the city if they wanted to.

I think a NID card with a CCTV system would be an excellent crime deterrant.

"Oh damn, Billy Bob's in the supermarket again.. quick, contact the FBI and make sure he's not buying anything illegal!"

Quiet Soul, the argument "If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to worry about" is frivolous. Please research which nations have had national ID cards in the past and then crosscheck what happens to their privacy and freedoms. It won't be private investigators, we will all be in the same huge computer database that will filter out large groups of people who the government can deem "terrorist" or suspicious. The National ID Card gives those in charge the ability to target any and all who may oppose their policies.

Billy Bob could be a good citizen but if someone changes his "threat level" to "dangerous" then all of a sudden he has become an enemy of the state and can be traced and tracked anywhere he goes. The problem is we may all be Billy Bob's one day.

BTW, Those half a million CCTV cameras really did a great job identifying those terrorists didn't they? Oh thats right, they did bupkiss, nothing, nada to prevent or stop the attacks in London.

Do you really want "the man" to follow your every action and movement and the movements of us all in order to keep terrorists away? What kind of freedom is that? Suspect them all in hopes of finding the one rebel?

I don't disagree with efforts to stop and prevent crime and terrorism but when those powers are in the hands of a few, the desire and possibility of corruption is exceptionally great.

The national ID will be ushered in as a safeguard against illegal immigrants and terrorists and will stop ID theft but in essence all those things the ID is supposed to prevent will fail miserably.

If Real ID passes the Senate, our nation will join the ranks of the old Soviet Union, Communist China, and Vietnam by issuing its citizens a national ID card. The Machine Readable Zone may come in the form of a 2-dimensional bar code - but the Department of Homeland Security, which will be crafting the regulations implementing Real ID, has made clear that it would prefer to see a remotely readable RFID chip. That would make private-sector access and systematic tracking even more easy and likely.

This national ID card will make observation of citizens easy but won't do much about terrorism. The fact is, identity-based security is not an effective way to stop terrorism. ID documents do not reveal anything about evil intent - and even if they did, determined terrorists will always be able to obtain fraudulent documents

unrealid.com...

Please before you accept anything they tell you, research and understand the trojan horse of enslavement that is a National ID card

top topics

<< 1   >>

join