It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its Official, in 3 years we will all have our NWO ID...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
news.com.com...

"Homeland Security is permitted to add additional requirements--such as a fingerprint or retinal scan--on top of those. We won't know for a while what these additional requirements will be."

"You said the ID card will be electronically readable. What does that mean?
The Real ID Act says federally accepted ID cards must be "machine readable," and lets Homeland Security determine the details. That could end up being a magnetic strip, enhanced bar code, or radio frequency identification (RFID) chips.

In the past, Homeland Security has indicated it likes the concept of RFID chips. The State Department is already going to be embedding RFID devices in passports,"

conspiracy theorist are starting to look less crazy everyday...

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
i like the part that states don't have to comply with the new 'act'....but then that states citizens wouldn't be eligable for federal 'stuff' or have an id recognized by any federal org..... or basicaly any org that is tied to the federal govt. see how kind the feds are...see...you do see..right??

i wonder how or if other countries news are reporting on this 'act'

as a side note..i wonder why cetain laws are called 'acts' ie the patriot 'act' or the national id 'act'...........................

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
No, we will still look crazy. It's already been known for a long time we will have ID cards, with biometrics. People just think it's either to minimize crime and thwart terrorism, or for their conveniance.

The insinuation that this is a ploy for the government to enslave the people is what looks crazy to people.

[edit on 12-5-2005 by Indigo_Child]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I didn't know I was crazy in the first place, So all the sheople that sit at home all day watching TV that are told by the government to be calm nothings wrong blah, blah, blah go back to sleep and they have the ordasity to tell me to keep quiet if/when I find something wrong with the system I will expose it.

Nope I just get ridiculed and laughed at when I say things like we can cure cancer, we have Magnetic propulsion, ET's are real and my personal favorite They are going to start putting RFID in passports only thing is that last one is become closer to reality than I would like to believe.

I think they would have to kill me before they get me a passport like that!!!

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I've had a magnetic strip on my DL for YEARS....

To be honest, Passports are LONG overdue for more security measures...

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
i wonder how or if other countries news are reporting on this 'act'

most other countrys have had to change their passports to suit what i imagine is the same law, so a little has been said about that,
other part's of the same act have been covered more widely,
and the information thats being given to us is worrying,

illegal detention, is reported on quite widely in europe,though it doesn't seem to be on the big american news networks at all,
removal of human rights from all non-US citizens was also a nice little tid-bit

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Like Gaz, I have had a strip on my DL for a long time...about 9 years. It was "Supposed" to be used to verify your age at stores and bar for liquor and cigs. I have noticed something though, I have never had to use it! I keep hearing how they are going to put a scanner at the 7-11 or at Moe's tavern but they never do. I think If we get an ID card it will be a while before it actually works. Just so you know I am totally against this Idea.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I've had a magnetic strip on my DL for YEARS....

Me too. I gotta be honest here. i am not so sure that the fuss over this is really worth it. We are already required to have "ID" on us at all times. That ID already has any info our gov't needs on us. It's not like we will be invisible if we don't have these advanced ID cards. It just means that it will take less of your time while a cop car types your info in is squad car, while you sit a wait for your ticket. I am against more gov't control in our lives, but let's face it, the new card is not going to add any more control. It will just streamline the process. But, hell, I am probably the wrong person to ask. I like the idea of putting my health card info, credit card info, and DL info on one card. I hate carrying around a wallet.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Yeah, MI has had those magnetic strip DLs for at least 5 years.
I don't know what info is on them, and only the police seem to have the ability to scan them.
When last renewed, a social security number was demanded, ie no number, no license. No biggie. I'd rather have that on a magnetic stripe than in black and white. I don't need any more identity theft committed against me.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   
My Michigan driver's license never had a magnetic strip on it...then again I first got my license in 1990 and moved to Ohio in 1993. I was 17 when I got my license, so right above my picture on my MI license it said UNDER 21. In Ohio, under 21 had a different-colored background (I was 21 in 1994).

I remember several years ago Ohio implemented the magnetic strip. I've only had a cop use it once...my husband and I were travelling to Wisconsin, we'd just crossed the state line from Illinois into WI, and I pulled into a gas station parking lot to rest--and here comes a cop knocking at my window!
He asked to see our licenses, we let him, he ran it through, found nothing (of course), and just told us to move on. He was nice about it, probably because we were cooperative.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Well if you guys/girls all believe in NWO you could all move to another less technologically advanced country hide out and gain support ready to fight.Or a guess you not willing to make a major life changing event based on the evidence you see so you`ll just stay glued to the internet until it never happens or you turn into a slave to the masses

[edit on 14-5-2005 by weirdo]

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by weirdo
Well if you guys/girls all believe in NWO you could all move to another less technologically advanced country hide out and gain support ready to fight.Or a guess you not willing to make a major life changing event based on the evidence you see so you`ll just stay glued to the internet until it never happens or you turn into a slave to the masses

That is EXACTLY what I plan to do before the Government gets to powerful. Just move to somewhere like tibetan mountains and live a peaceful and happy life. I was seriously thinking about having no money, no electronic appliances, manual labor, walkmans, microwaves, computers (I could keep with a sat. reciever) etc. etc. Its must more appetising than in a world where you are judged by the clothes you wear the mobile phone you own and how much money you have etc. etc. Yes I would make a life changing decisions like this for one simple FACT. Life is to short to live on a paper-chase.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
While I do see that our government, any government could in an instant turn against its citizens, I don't see how expanding on our ability to identify citizens is a bad thing. It would decrease time spent in the event that authorities must confirm your identify, but it's not exactly information your government can use to harm you, I should think.

I've read an article recently that ID cards were being forced upon the citizens of Falluja back in December. These cards even included retina scans.

Alex Jones Show | December 2 2004

A caller to the Alex Jones show played a segment from Tom Brokaw's last broadcast on NBC which featured a report from Iraq clearly stating that residents of Fallujah (civilians, NOT insurgents) would be forced to give fingerprints, retina scan and take an ID card or be killed.

Here is the transcript from the report....

---------------------------------

Reporter: "So far the plan is for most of the city's 250,000 residents to return in stages and first only a few thousand will be let in.

They'll be fingerprinted, given a retina scan and then an ID card, which will only allow them to travel around their homes or to nearby aid centers which are now being built.

The Marines will be authorized to use deadly force against those breaking the rules....Tom?"

Brokaw: "Richard, what's the latest on the election?.... "

I don't see how we are able to sit there and fingerprint as well as scan a retina of each of those people let alone how they will put the data gathered to use. I mean, are each of our soldiers going to be carrying around portable retina scanners? If not, then I don't see the point really.

In any event, it is quite peculiar that such levels of security are being undertaken, I grant you. But for us to be upset, shouldn't we have a reason to be first? Shouldn't there be a clear way for advanced IDs to cause a problem, or are some only upset because of the fact that the reason for the new means of identification is just as unclear as the potential problem? While it is unsettling, especially considering the comment about killing those who don't "follow the rules," but it's not something which I'm going to fight over or even have much of a problem with, at least not until I see a way this could harm myself or others.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 02:02 AM
link   
ID cards to a point are not such a bad thing.At the moment in Spain if you pay using a credit card you have to produce your passport if none Spainish or your ID card if you are.This may seem like a good solution to credit card fraud,but if you take it a step further and produce an ID card that contains both your ID and your Credit/bank details there is the potential to control you to a small amount.Added to boarder controls could be a problem.On the other hand govts are not powerfull without people.Armies are made of people.Are there govts/armies strong enough to countrol everybody on the planet to the same agenda.Would the Chinese follow America.You would need to have a power system that all the top people get the same authority otherwise a conflict will occur.I believe it is impossible and would never work.Look at the EU and NATO both powerful yet within it is full of power struggles and egos.American wants one thing Germany France wants another.There has never mbeen a dissicion within either of these organisations that has ever voted unanormously on anything.
The danger with ID cards getting to much technology is bank having more power with your money and you becoming in debt and govts charging ridicoulous amounts of money for you to have these cards.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by weirdo

RFID technology is worldwide. Rather than run and hide, I am making an effort to deny ignorance. Check out my RFID research project.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
No, we will still look crazy. It's already been known for a long time we will have ID cards, with biometrics. People just think it's either to minimize crime and thwart terrorism, or for their conveniance.

The insinuation that this is a ploy for the government to enslave the people is what looks crazy to people.

Well I dont suppose everyone who is worried about it necissarily thinks it's the "illuminati and the NWO". I'll believe anything until it's absolutely proven untrue, though.

But I'm sure most people are just worried about a slow, systematic enslavement. Sort of like the frog who is put in the water and then boiled. Each month/year, a new bill is past, and before you know it... it's too late.

Plenty of historians and founding father's warn of this... but people just take those quotes as out of context.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child

Damn sure dosen't look that crazy to me!!

Welcome to the monkey house one and all; it's a brave new world!

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
As a Cdn immigrant in the US I can tell you that they already started the biometrics with what you consider to aliens...

I've had my fingerprints done which they use as a hologram on your work auth card with a picture of yourself on the front.
Ont the back of the card there is this digital looking encrypted box that only a machine would be able to understand, as well as a magnetic strip.

Illinois I know is using the national id card already, and I believe their tactics are similar.

They replaced the driver's liscence with this new national id...

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Playing devils advocate, to be fair if we have the technology - it undeniably does make processing easier and forging more difficult, so say it was certain that there was definately no NWO conspiracy or equivilent what else would they be expected to do?

I think the predictions are correct in their prediction of what will happen, undeniably, but it does not mean that 'they' are following a plan as such or it is any person's actual intention. It's just the inevitable path of 'progress'.

I'm not sure that there is anyone sat around cackling about what they are achieving or planning, but the ideas of what the world will be like in the future are probably true and the technology is inevitably going to be implemented as it's there and works (sort of, when they iron the bugs out).

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I think it's more a question of freedom at least for me. Years ago a SSN card and birth certificate sufficed in getting you around and valid for the signing of documents. Nowadays it's fingerprints, retinal scanning, blood, DNA samples and geneology just to sign those same documents and get around to the same places.
This all in the name of Homeland Security and securing our freedom. By "securing" our freedom aren't we in fact becoming secured, locked down of sorts?
I am still the same person I was 35 yrs ago haven't undergone a molecular change of person and yet it takes bodily fluids to prove my exsistence and who I really am.

I too have the magnetic strip on the back of my DL and yet after reading these posts the majority don't seem to know what it's for. As a citizen as a individual wouldn't you want to know why you have a magnetic strip on your DL? The cops can scan it but do you know what info they are getting from that scan about you? Or are we becoming so complacent about it that all we worry about is what we can see?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join