It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supervulcano in USA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
members.cox.net...
i saw on a TV program that Yellowsotne is a Supervulcano.
and its going to blow opp any sec
. and it going to coverup half of America in ashes , and the wather will change.. It vil get colder. much colder, and we wil probely get in to a new ice age..
i hope it never blow up
how can we stope this to heppend? any idea???

Sorry if i posted this in wrong plase. i wasen sure wer i havt to post this

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Yellowstone is a supervolcano, but there's no real evidence that it's going to blow up "any sec."

There are a lot of threads on this on ATS, so use the search feature to find them.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
There's some huge threads on this and at least one was started several years ago when someone discovered a news report that Yellowstone was a supervolcano and was going to blow up "almost immediately." All sorts of hysteria evolved. Use the search function and you can find the threads to read.

Fact: Yes, it's a supervolcano, but it's small in comparison to other events. It errupted several times before and we're all still here (and so is the wildlife and plant life.)

Fact: scientists keep a pretty good eye on these things.

Fact: WHEN it erupts next, there will be a week or more warning and you'll see the government evacuating the area. Parks will be closed and they'll be running tourists off. This won't be something you can hide because every vulcanologist in the world (and there are many in other countries) will be watching like a hawk.

Do you remember when Mount St. Helens errupted? We had plenty of warning (and a few who stayed anyway) -- a week or more ahead.

Fact: It will be inconvenient. It won't be the end of the world. Here in Texas, we have remains of ancient volcanos that put out a lot more lava and for a longer period of time (the lava flows in Big Bend are up to 1100 feet tall with an equal amount of ash.) The dinosaurs and plants and everything else surivived.

Anyway, there's a current atmosphere of Apocalyptic Hysteria around ever since Y2K hit (and failed to destroy civilization.) Don't let emotional hype prey on you, okay?

...and since there are so many other of these threads, I'm closing this one.

join