It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Unveil Memory Boosting Pill (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Scientists have developed a pill that can boost a persons memory. The drug CX717 belongs to a family of compounds called ampakines and works by boosting the brain chemical glutamate that makes learning and recall easy. The drug is also being considered as a possible treatment for narcolepsy and ADHD.

news.bbc.co.uk
UK trials on 16 sleep-deprived volunteers showed it improved wakefulness and mental ability.

Manufacturer Cortex is considering CX717 as a possible treatment for narcolepsy - excessive daytime sleepiness; and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) - a condition which impairs a child's ability to concentrate.

"As you get tired, communication between brain cells begins to fail. When you take the pill, the communication is better."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

God i need some of them!

My goldfish memory is in need of help and i could denitley do with so........what was i saying again???

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Oh ghods. I need it. It's finals week and I'm not always sure of who I am or WHERE I am. And man, talk about sleep-deprived.

One more paper to go, an IRB to start, and then I need to start collecting research papers so I can do a statistical analysis of them.

Spare braincells, anyone?

new topics

join