It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dave Chappelle In A Mental Facility

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I love Dave Chappelle, for his edgy comedy....Rick James, Samuel Jackson, the Race Draft, the man is a comic genius. I hope he is okay and pull thru whatever personal issues he is dealing with.

Chappelle reportedly checks into facility

NEW YORK -- Comedy Central star Dave Chappelle has checked himself into a mental health facility in South Africa, the magazine Entertainment Weekly reported on Wednesday.

The comedian's whereabouts and condition have been unknown since Comedy Central abruptly announced last week that the planned May 31 launch of the third season of "Chappelle's Show" had been postponed and production halted.

Chappelle flew from Newark, N.J., to South Africa on April 28 for treatment, said the magazine, quoting a source close to the show it would not identify. Entertainment Weekly said it had corroborating sources for its story.

Come back soon Dave, I want season 3.

[edit on 5-12-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Wow.....I hope he gets better soon....The guy is a comical genius...I heard about the nest season being placed on hold a week or so ago, but as of then they had no clue why….

I can't help but to wonder what it is though....It's sad that the cost of fame is having your private life displayed for the world to see - Clearly there must be something serious going on if he flew all the way to South Africa for treatment....

Does anyone know if there is some sort of prized/world-renown facility there?

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 04:50 AM
link   
far out - a mental institution...

My favourite skit of his was when he was that blind black-guy at the head of the KKK... hahahaha.... and than when he found out he was black he divorced his wife for being a "'n-word'-lover" (PLEASE EXCUSE THE LANGUAGE)

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 04:53 AM
link   
takin' too many dro blunts to face will do that to ya

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 06:39 AM
link   
The story a couple weeks ago was the money and pressure got to him. He just can't stand the fame. Can't live up to it. He's not Rick James bitch. He's way overpaid. He's knows he's overpaid. And he didn't want to go on season 3 and prove how overpaid.

The mental institution is a new one though.

Something about all this just yanks my chain. Money made Dave Chapelle crazy? That's what they want you to think for some reason. Sounds just like his skit humor. They should have never gave ya'll ******* money!

Why don't CEO's go check into mental institutions? They're overpaid. I don't know. Sad story.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
[...] He's way overpaid. He's knows he's overpaid. And he didn't want to go on season 3 and prove how overpaid [...] Money made Dave Chapelle crazy? That's what they want you to think for some reason [...] Why don't CEO's go check into mental institutions? They're overpaid. I don't know [...]

It could possibly be the fact that Chapelle has a concious unlike the CEO's of Americas multinational conglamorates... Hes a black man, who got rich by using the N-Word - and 25% of Americas population live below the poverty line, and the overwhelming majority of those people are black...

Its the institutionalised racism that probably sent him to the mental institution... Think about it...

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
It seems this was yet another story blown out of proportion by the media...

Dave Chappelle has refuted claims originally published in Entertainment Weekly that he admitted himself into a South African mental health institution. The comedian said he fled to stay with friends in Durban because he was not happy with the direction of the show, which is behind only "South Park" as Comedy Central's most watched program.

"I'm not in a mental facility," said Chappelle, who also said he did not have a drug problem but had consulted a psychiatrist for one 40-minute visit.

Chappelle admits to being stressed out and disappointed in the direction of the new shows and insisted that he needed to take a break. "If you don't have the right people around you, and you're moving at a million miles an hour, you can lose yourself," he said. "Everyone around me says, 'You're a genius, you're great, that's your voice,' but I'm not sure that they're right."

www.nobodysmiling.com...

Like ghostsoldier said....I think anyone who actually has a conscious and is in the show business deserves a break to find their true self again and to decide whether or not a life in the press is really what they want....

I think I say it enough here in ATS and BTS....But god damn I hate the friggin media....

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Chappelle was not in Rehab, and although that has already been stated, I'd like to reiterate that fact.

Drudge Report claims that Dave Chappelle, comedian and recent recipient of $50 million to continue producing Comedy Central's popular Chappelle's Show, has spoken out amidst speculation that he winged off to South Africa for drug treatment or psychiatric care.

"I figured, Let me just cut myself off from everybody, take a minute and pull a Flintstone-stop a speeding car by using my feet as the brakes. I am surprised at what I would do for $50 million. I am surprised at what people around me would do for me to have $50 million," Dave Chappelle tells TIME's Christopher John Farley in an exclusive interview.

CHAPPELLE tells TIME he's not in mental hospital or drug rehab, debunking earlier reports in ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY and elsewhere.

Dave Chappelle has always struck me as a laid back yet sharp-witted performer. The audio commentary on the DVD version of the first season of Chappelle's Show reveals a lucid, ambitious, and highly intelligent artist who was very careful about how he presented his material on camera.

So while Chappelle likes to play up his enjoyment of marijuana, my guess is that his sojourn to South Africa was more of a getaway than a get-me-away-from-drugs / mental health trip.

dumpsterbust.blogspot.com...

Dave is the man and desevres every penny, as nobody can make me laugh like him. I thought maybe this old thread could take the direction of everyone saying their favorite episode. My is the classic Rick James.

All hail Dave Chappelle

Me; But Still after taking a beating like that, Ricks like...
Rick James: F*ck your couch nigga.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I watched the first season DVD for the first time last weekend....

Al I have to say is...

Holla holla holla holla holla holla holla holla atchya holla holla lemme holla holla holla holla holla holla holla holla atchya holla holla holla holla holla holla holla holla holla holla holla holla holla holla holla atchya hola hola

Holla holla holla holla holla holla atchya holla holla holla holla holla holla atchya holla holla holla holla holla holla holla lemme holla holla holla holla atchya holla holla holla holla holla holla holla holla holla

LMFAO

top topics

join