It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to cope with anything (tips)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I have been watching alot of programs latley on how to survive situations that happen in the world.

when i ask people about what they know, someone always has a tip to share.

heres a few of mine,

*if you in a car that falls in to a river/lake---- open all windows or brake them as quick as you can, that way you can still get the doors open--as when the car fills with water there is no longer any pressure--if the windows are closed then the pressure out-side pushes the doors so you cant open them

*If you get caught in a averlanch and are buried under snow, and dont know which way is up or down---- fan the snow in front of you to see which way it falls --- then you can work out which way is up due to what way the snow is falling on your face

*when going on a plane--count the seats to the exit by touching each one, that way if the plane crashes or is on fire and filled with smoke you already know the way without needing to use you eyes

So whats your tips? i think this is good to learn someones tip could always save a life

[edit on 12-5-2005 by Oni x x]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Wow, I hope I never need to use any of your tips Oni!

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
allways wear your seatbelt. cause being thrown from a car sucks

when riding a mortor cycle, allways wear a helmet since 90% of all mortorcycle fatalities are head related

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Don't eat yellow snow !!! :shk::shk:

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
1. Hit back. If a shark is coming toward you or attacks you, use anything you have in your possession—a camera, probe, harpoon gun, your fist—to hit the shark's eyes or gills, which are the areas most sensitive to pain.

2. Make quick, sharp, repeated jabs in these areas. Since sharks are predators and will usually only follow through on an attack if they have the advantage, making the shark unsure of its advantage in any way possible will increase your chances of survival. Contrary to popular opinion, the shark’s nose is not the area to attack, unless you cannot reach the eyes or gills. Hitting the shark simply tells it that you are not defenseless.

i can not be held liable if you are hurt or even EATEN by the shark as you may punch like a 2 year old so toughn up
:bash:

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jehosephat
....cause being thrown from a car sucks

That's one of the greatest posts ever!

My tip would be, if a bear starts to charge you, run like hell.

Peace

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
My tip would be, if a bear starts to charge you, run like hell.

Nah, I think you need to play dead....

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oni x x
*if you in a car that falls in to a river/lake---- open all windows or brake them as quick as you can, that way you can still get the doors open--as when the car fills with water there is no longer any pressure--if the windows are closed then the pressure out-side pushes the doors so you cant open them

No, get out of the car as soon as possible, do not wait for the pressure to equilise. Recently on Top Gear (a UK motoring show) they tried various methods of escape from a car that had fallen into water, and basically the only way the presenter could 'survive' was to get out of the car just after it hit the water. If he waited until it equalised the pressure, either by opening windows or whatever, he would have been dead without the diver in the backseat feeding him air.

They advised just getting out of the car, forcing the doors open or getting out a window, as soon as possible, because even when the car is full of water, its still not at the same pressure as the outside water for some time.

*If you get caught in a averlanch and are buried under snow, and dont know which way is up or down---- fan the snow in front of you to see which way it falls --- then you can work out which way is up due to what way the snow is falling on your face

Another good way is by letting saliva dribble from your mouth - it will point downwards because of gravity. This way you dont need your hands free to do it (and you will rarely have your hands free after an avalanch).

*when going on a plane--count the seats to the exit by touching each one, that way if the plane crashes or is on fire and filled with smoke you already know the way without needing to use you eyes

This is a very good one. Statistics show that the person most likely to survive an aircrash and evacuation is a travelling businessman, as he will have sat through the safety instructions many times, and know instinctivly where the exit is.

Another tip for air travel is always get yourself seated in between the wings - thats the strongest part of the aircraft and is most likely to survive a crash.

- Edited to fix italic error and my horrendous spelling

[edit on 12/5/2005 by RichardPrice]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
For surviving your job or college:

When in trouble, Go for google

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I saw that edition of Top Gear too Richard, great show.

Clarkson " Of course you'd better make sure to buy the special edition Honda Civic which comes complete with diver on the back seat!"

Or words to that effect

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
If you sit inside on the internet all day, you'll be totally safe from averlanches AND driving into the water.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by this is yellow 13
1. Hit back. If a shark is coming toward you or attacks you, use anything you have in your possession—a camera, probe, harpoon gun, your fist—to hit the shark's eyes or gills, which are the areas most sensitive to pain.

2. Make quick, sharp, repeated jabs in these areas. Since sharks are predators and will usually only follow through on an attack if they have the advantage, making the shark unsure of its advantage in any way possible will increase your chances of survival. Contrary to popular opinion, the shark’s nose is not the area to attack, unless you cannot reach the eyes or gills. Hitting the shark simply tells it that you are not defenseless.

i can not be held liable if you are hurt or even EATEN by the shark as you may punch like a 2 year old so toughn up
:bash:

Take a lungfull of air, hyperventelate if possible, put your head under water and scream as loud as you possibly can for as long as you can - it scares the hell out of them and they retreat.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
lol didnt think so many people would respond its amasing at what you find out.......
learn something new every day,
x x oni x x

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
.richardprice honstly... i would never have know screaming would scare a shark.
so the killer of the seas is just a wuss

p.s that edition of top gear was pretty good

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
If you are attacked by a crocadile either try to life up it's jaws by pressing underneath or behind his chin. If you are able to then you can keep his mouth shut since they only have about 20 pounds of force to open thier jaws.

If you find yourself falling, look down to where your belt buckle is or would be and press your chin into your chest as hard as possible. Try to land on your back and slap down hard with your outstreatched hands. the third step if you are really acrobatic is to start a roll.

I have surived a 20 foot drop when a ladder broke underneath me, with nothing more then a minor bump on my head (forgot to tuck my chin in) thankfully those martial arts reflexes came in handy

Here is the best one

If your without water, you can drink your own urine 7 times before it becomes too toxic

[edit on 5/12/2005 by Jehosephat]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Every problem that could possibly be encountered in this world can be solved by following one simple bit of advice:

Demand a receipt.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   
lol good point! Kai-Raega. But have u got tips in wot to do if a problem accured! lol just starting a converstaion!
x x oni x x

new topics

top topics

join