It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US troops shoot protestors in afghanistan.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Anti-U.S. Afghan protests: 7 dead

More Protests - More Dead.

KABUL, Afghanistan -- Seven people have been killed and more than 20 wounded in fresh protests in Afghanistan as anger spread over a report about the use of Islam's holy book by U.S. interrogators at Guantanamo Bay, according to reports.

source:
CNN

Yesterday 2 dead, today Seven.

How many tomorrow?

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Yesterday 2 dead, today Seven.

How many tomorrow?

It's only gonna get worse.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

Originally posted by Syrian Sister
what do you think about the quotes of what those people said?

And by the way, they first fired into the air, then they fired into the crowd.

[edit on 12-5-2005 by Syrian Sister]

No,No, No, NO NO.... it clearly states.... the U.S. troops fired into the air and then left the scene...

why is that so hard to understand ?

elevatedone i have been trying to tell them the same thing, no where does it say the troops shot into the crowd, it does not even say if the fired in the general direction of the crowd, a violent mob could of caused these injurys and deaths during a incident they committed?

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I must say, I have been compelled to add to this thread. Syrian Sister has an amazing mind, and is so utterly controlling this thread, the Mod's look silly. I love maximus, he really makes me laugh all the time, THAT mentalilty, dear Americans, is what makes the rest of the world just shake their collective heads. Oh, I also love the aspect of, "take down our Government, the elete run it all. what, let the other puppets take over?" mentality. If that is what you feel, that there is no point to fight, why are you still here? If you know this is all going down, and believe it, and you are doing nothing?.... People, all Syrian Sister was doing when she started this thread is to show you that some "Enforcement" "Government""Workers""Killed""Protestors", that didnt need to be killed. If the troops has just left, or NOT BEEN there, none of this would have had to happen.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murundi
I must say, I have been compelled to add to this thread. Syrian Sister has an amazing mind, and is so utterly controlling this thread, the Mod's look silly. I love maximus, he really makes me laugh all the time, THAT mentalilty, dear Americans, is what makes the rest of the world just shake their collective heads. Oh, I also love the aspect of, "take down our Government, the elete run it all. what, let the other puppets take over?" mentality. If that is what you feel, that there is no point to fight, why are you still here? If you know this is all going down, and believe it, and you are doing nothing?.... People, all Syrian Sister was doing when she started this thread is to show you that some "Enforcement" "Government""Workers""Killed""Protestors", that didnt need to be killed. If the troops has just left, or NOT BEEN there, none of this would have had to happen.

If i remember correctly, didnt the protestors just burned down a humanitarian aid the Red Cross? wat about the UN buildings? after all the anti american mob ranting about Americans flushing a Koran bought by the U.S. gov to keep the detainees comfortable, they decided to attack the UN and the Red Cross

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
The US RUNS the UN.... The US RUNS the Red Cross.....what is YOUR point, to the mob, nothing but American's there.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
after all the anti american mob ranting about Americans flushing a Koran bought by the U.S. gov to keep the detainees comfortable, they decided to attack the UN and the Red Cross

As I've said before, our policies on detainees are the underlying cause of this whole thing. Before we go after the speck in our brother's eye, we should pull the log out of our own.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murundi
The US RUNS the UN.... The US RUNS the Red Cross.....what is YOUR point, to the mob, nothing but American's there.

ummm if we run the UN, why did the UN didnt support the U.S. invasion of Iraq?

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
"If i remember correctly, didnt the protestors just burned down a humanitarian aid the Red Cross? wat about the UN buildings? "

I thought you read the article, they stormed the buildings, they didn't burn them down.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
sigh. War is money. That's why the UN went against it. A protracted engagement makes for more money when the UN has to go in and keep the peace after the U.S and its allies have to pull out this year, you think all the violence will end anytime soon? Deny Ignornace.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Murundi, Thankyou for you compliment
! I hope i never let you down!

Those who say you can't change the regime in the US, are lethargic defeatists, we have them in the middle east too, they are the worst kind of people who try to destroy hope.
Don't let them get you down!

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Makes me think of..

Rachel Corrie standing in front of the bulldozer (Israel).

The young man standing in front of the tank in Tienamen Square (China).

Far too many people do not know what it means to muster that kind of courage.

It makes me think of them too
. You know those brave people are not dead, they are alive among us.
I commend you on your humanity.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   

"If i remember correctly, didnt the protestors just burned down a humanitarian aid the Red Cross? wat about the UN buildings? "

I thought you read the article, they stormed the buildings, they didn't burn them down.

news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=Aqjin_MPwTq6Yg7F7pN46q3OVooA;_ylu=X3o'___'BiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

"The mob also set fire to the office of Focus, a reconstruction agency funded by the Aga Khan Foundation of the spiritual leader of the world's 20 million Ismaili Muslims, and a British aid group, Majib said."

I apologize Syrian Sister, wrong building.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
"all there doing is trying to get justice for what happened to us American people'

Oh you poor and noble things, you are only trying to get justice for what happened to the american people, by bombing innocent civilians who did nothing to you, and shooting protestors.

"Oh afghanistan has oil? never heard that "

Have you heard of the caspian Sea? But it was also the drug issue than the oil issue.

"I am an American, born and raised, and will love this country till I die."

If you really loved your country, you wouldn't agree with those monsters who run it, who shame your country it internationally by commiting those abhorant crimes.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Oh, don't worry about that Syrian Sister, I just have a good laugh and shrug off the idiots around me. As long as "I" know what is going on and let my Family know what I learn, we have ample knowledge, and ultimately....knowledge is power.

you wont let me down, not with your attitude.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   

news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=Aqjin_MPwTq6Yg7F7pN46q3OVooA;_ylu=X3o'___'BiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

"The mob also set fire to the office of Focus, a reconstruction agency funded by the Aga Khan Foundation of the spiritual leader of the world's 20 million Ismaili Muslims, and a British aid group, Majib said."

That's ok, as long as you don't make these kinds of mistakes again.

EastCoastkid is absolutely right about the provocators.

But even if they destroyed an empty building, that doesn't mean they deserve a death sentence now does it? Or do you think they do?

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
"The only reason, i'll say that again, the only reason you would have to defend your house against "an occupier" / U.S. troop, is if you were hiding or letting a insurgent / insurgents hide in your home or use it against our troops.... "

You mean, the only reason you need to defend your home against the occupier, is if you where defending your country, your people, your city, your family and your freedom from foreign influence?

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   

But even if they destroyed an empty building, that doesn't mean they deserve a death sentence now does it? Or do you think they do?

I never say anithing about them deserving a death sentence, but still it depends on the Afghan police and army decision if they believe they are destroying property. u seen the Muslim clerics calling for protests but not violents protests.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Another question for you.

Would you call the following statement fascist?

Longbow
"I also don't know why should US even try to use non leathal ammo against violent attackers. They are not police and Afganistan is not USA/Europe."

(I will repeat the last one! And you all should think about it and what it means)

Longbow
"Afganistan is not USA/Europe"

And if not fascist, would you call it racist?

Stop posting BS. That has nothing to do with racism or fascism.Try to stand against violent islamic mobs (or again African "demonstrations") just with non lethal weapons. They will just laugh and overrun you and play football with your head. The things are simply much different in such countries, where every second person owns AK-47 or grenade. I still don't know what are you talking about. The Afganistan is still war zone (although not so dangerous as Iraq) and the troops have right to defend themselves. What do you think they will wait until they will stone them to the death?

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I never say anithing about them deserving a death sentence, but still it depends on the Afghan police and army decision if they believe they are destroying property. u seen the Muslim clerics calling for protests but not violents protests.

I didn't accuse you have saying they deserve a death sentenced. I asked oyu if oyu thought that they do.

"You say it depends on the army and police decision". So you think, it's up to the army and police to decide wether or not they should sentence someone to death for destruction of property?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join