It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US troops shoot protestors in afghanistan.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   
"Watched rambo lately? " i usually dont get my info from movies,
but yes i agree that the afghans had the right to defend their country.
what i dont like is that osama stabbed us in the back because he was upset his little rag tag army was not permited to fight for saudi arabia and fight the iraqis.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 02:23 AM
link   
First, my personal perspective:

Anyone who participates in violent riots is a moron.

Why do I say this? Think back to the LA riots, or the Crown Heights riots. People become upset due to something that happened. They have legitimate cause to be upset, and they want people to know. They decide to voice their opinions by being destructive. They burn cars. They break store windows. They loot and steal. They hurt people. HOW THE HELL DOES THAT SEND A MESSAGE?? They put their own lives and the lives of their neighbors and relatives at risk.

You want to send a message, you get those thousands of students together, you make signs, you bring NUMBERS, you bring thousands and thousands of people outside the embassy, or government buildings, and you make yourselves heard. You don't burn cars, or throw things at people. Your message is LOST when you conduct yourself like that. Period. You morph from a person with a political message to a threat to safety. Why defeat yourself? Why? For what gain? What do you gain by having a VALID political gripe, and responding to it by throwing rocks at someone? Nothing. Your message gets lost in the fire.

On a Moderator note: In the first few pages of this thread I saw something like 5 instances of people referring to each other as Nazis or Hitler simply because they disagree. This will not be tolerated. This is a topic with very valid issues to it, and I'll be damned if I'm going to let it degrade into a namecalling battle instead of a discussion of important pertinent issues. Do not do that again. The very nature of the topic deserves more than that and it is disgraceful to dilute it with puke. Thank you for understanding.

[edit on 5-13-2005 by Djarums]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 03:16 AM
link   
So you are saying, you agree with the fact that the protestors where shot?

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I hate doing this Syrian Sister, because it's really not me, but if you read my entire post and that's the conclusion you arrived at, I think you missed something.

No offense intended, but you missed the boat on that one. Sorry.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 03:34 AM
link   
That's not the conclusion i arrived at.

I was still unsure by the end of your post.

That's why i asked.

See, (points at question mark).

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Another question for you.

Would you call the following statement fascist?

Longbow
"I also don't know why should US even try to use non leathal ammo against violent attackers. They are not police and Afganistan is not USA/Europe."

(I will repeat the last one! And you all should think about it and what it means)

Longbow
"Afganistan is not USA/Europe"

And if not fascist, would you call it racist?

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Syrian Sister, in today day and age, in war it's not about honour, war is bloodly and mad, there nothing good about it. in todays world there is no honour anymore in war like in the past. fine, you take a sword, and i take a gun, you die with honour but i will win the war. get it

and when did i said property is more important? so someone is destorying your property then you are not going to do anything about it? who said i have to kill the person to stop them to destorying my property? as i said earlier, they shouldn't have shoot to kill. just stop their advance of burning cars or storming into buildings and destorying others property.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Syrian Sister, in today day and age, in war it's not about honour, war is bloodly and mad, there nothing good about it. in todays world there is no honour anymore in war like in the past. fine, you take a sword, and i take a gun, you die with honour but i will win the war. get it.

What makes you think the guy with the sword won't win? Look at Vietnamn
Triumpth against adversity.

who said i have to kill the person to stop them to destorying my property? as i said earlier, they shouldn't have shoot to kill.

Aaah so you admit it was wrong of them to murder those people. Good.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister

What makes you think the guy with the sword won't win? Look at Vietnamn
Triumpth against adversity.

Aaah so you admit it was wrong of them to murder those people. Good.

ok, you might win with a sword if in close combat, or there are a lot of them with swords, but to make my point, in todays day and age there is no more honour in war, just blood and death, and sad things happen.

also, yes i admit they shouldn't have kill those people, but what those protesters are doing is wrong, burning cars and storming into UN buildings etc. are must put to a stop, volience protest won't get you anywhere except you have a chance to get kill or hurt.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Vietnam ha! A war fighting an actual army, I dont think so. What we got here are people who want there freedom with the help of the USA and then when they get it lets kill the USA. What a wacko world of people. I say kill em' all, if someone is in your way throwing rocks at you and burning your car what would you do? shoot shoot and shoot. Talk bad of my country, look at syria whats this? A place with people killing there own in Iraq. Why dont you talk abou that, oh but it is ok for you to kill because you are better then me... ha ha! family here in the states maybe they should leave if you hate the way this county is. I can walk around every where here and not worry about some idiot who is going to blow me up. C'mon think realistically, afghanistan is a uncivilized place, people live in caves there, and when another country tries to help the opppression going on there, we become the evil ones, but when we are not there you will take our money and food and supplies and say you are so thankful for the USA.

Hypocrits thats what these people are, want there cake and eat it too, they dont care about the people dieing for them. So why should I care for them?
thats the question at hand. students who are in school in afghanistan rioting
well they wouldnt be a student if the USA didnt come there, they probably be hanging in the middle of a soccer field. What do you think of that?

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   

in todays day and age there is no more honour in war, just blood and death, and sad things happen.

There is only one honour in war these days and in the days before, and it's the honour of those who are defending their homes and their family against invaders and occupiers.

also, yes i admit they shouldn't have kill those people.

Good, atleast you have some humanity left. Unlike the majority of posters here it seems.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   

You said:

"Throwing rocks at troops with guns Somehow I don't think they lowered the IQ level in the world by shooting them."

I guess you don't understand what honour and courage means. If you are up against great power and danger to yourself, and all you have is a stone, and you still choose to fight. That's the courage of the righteous who stand up for what is right even when the odds are against them.

Makes me think of..

Rachel Corrie standing in front of the bulldozer (Israel).

The young man standing in front of the tank in Tienamen Square (China).

Far too many people do not know what it means to muster that kind of courage.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   

I dont think so. What we got here are people who want there freedom with the help of the USA and then when they get it lets kill the USA."

They never asked you for your help to give them "freedom", we can see what kind of "freedom" your offering, where protestors are murdered.
And what was, the freedom you where offering again? Oh yes, a different freedom for afghanistan than you would offer Europe right?

Longbow said:
"I also don't know why should US even try to use non leathal ammo against violent attackers. They are not police and Afganistan is not USA/Europe."

Like i said, the SHAM fake democracy your selling, no one is buying.

"I say kill em' all, if someone is in your way throwing rocks at you and burning your car what would you do? shoot shoot and shoot."
Thanks i'll add that to the list. It's an excellent example of what your perception of democracy is. Please say more and show the people of this forum what the US has become.

Talk bad of my country, look at syria whats this? A place with people killing there own in Iraq.

What the hell are you talking about syrians kill their own in iraq, this does not happen.

ha ha! family here in the states maybe they should leave if you hate the way this county is.

Are you talking about my family or your family? Because i have no family in the US (thank god!). As wether or not your family should leave the US, that's up to them you know, i wish them the best with that decision.

I can walk around every where here and not worry about some idiot who is going to blow me up.

O really? Well your military are the idiots who are trying to blow them up. And i wouldn't call the US such a safe place, what with your school shootings and your drive bys.

C'mon think realistically, afghanistan is a uncivilized place, people live in caves there,

WOW, i didn't think the statement by longbow, could be topped, but you topped it! Oh heathens are so greatful you civilised them, LOL! And i'm not allowed to mention the nazi's, well atleast i can say, what a fascist racist neo-collonlialist comment you've made. Thankyou for exposing exactly what you are, it's going to be very helpful. The only reason they live in caves my dear, is because they are poor. If they could live in houses they would. But over 20 years of war has made them poor, i hope perhaps one day you are poor too, and someone walks up to you and calls you uncivilised. That day might be sooner than later.

Hypocrits thats what these people are, want there cake and eat it too, they dont care about the people dieing for them. So why should I care for them?

Dying for them, don't you mean dying for their oil? They never asked you for your "help" or your fake democracy, so you best just pack up and leave. After all you said it yourself, "why should you care for them?". Yes, why should you? Just go.

well they wouldnt be a student if the USA didnt come there

But didn't another guy here say that the reason they are rioting is because those students had it so well under the taliban? Why this contradiction now? Now you say they wouldn't even be students if the USA didn't invade, that's untrue.

they probably be hanging in the middle of a soccer field. What do you think of that?

I think, hanging in a soccer field, or being shot at a protest. Not any difference.

[edit on 13-5-2005 by Syrian Sister]

[edit on 13-5-2005 by Syrian Sister]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Afghan Protest Against the US Becomes Violent
By Carlotta Gall
The New York Times
Thursday 12 May 2005
Kabul, Afghanistan - Four protesters were killed and more than 60 injured Wednesday in the eastern city of Jalalabad as the police and troops struggled to contain the worst anti-American demonstrations in Afghanistan in the more than three years since the fall of the Taliban.

Government officials said the violence appeared to have been planned and that religious hard-liners and armed men had usurped what had started as a student protest.
www.nytimes.com...

Just some thots...

Government officials said the violence appeared to have been planned and that religious hard-liners and armed men had usurped what had started as a student protest.

This is what happens so often. A group of people plan to protest peacefully and then it is infiltrated and disrupted by provocateurs. It's bad business.
The people who did not plan for violence become discredited.

These students had a right to protest what they deemed offensive; afterall, they now live in a democracy, do they not?

Those who are responsible for turning it into chaos should be found and dealt with according to the laws there.

The demonstrations were started on Tuesday by students angered by a report in Newsweek that American interrogators at the Guantánamo Bay detention center had desecrated the Koran by flushing a copy down the toilet.

I guess we can chalk this up to blowback. This is what happens when our military desecrates what others hold sacred. On this, we (the USA) are in the wrong. Our policies regarding Muslims are abhorrent, not to mention useless and self-defeating.

In Jalalabad, "the students were peaceful and were shouting," Mr. Mashal said. "But there were some specific hard-line religious groups involved. From their activities it looks like it was preplanned."

He said there were some indications that the violence had been influenced by religious or extreme elements across the border in Pakistan, whether supporters of the Taliban, who were removed from power in late 2001 in an American-led military campaign, or Pakistani groups.

It's past time for our government to start dealing with Mushareff and our enemies he hides in Pakistan. The General must be held accountable for the actions of his renegades - especially when it places our troops and civilians in danger.

Sharifa Shahab, an officer of the Afghan Independent Human Rights Commission, was leading an election seminar for women in Jalalabad when the demonstration began. She and 20 others were taken to the basement of the United Nations mission for protection, she said.

"This was not a demonstration," she said. "It was completely organized violence. It started with students from the medical college, and then armed men seized the occasion and abused it."

Yet she conceded that the reports of Americans desecrating the Koran, on top of stories of abuse of detainees, had inflamed public sentiment. "There was a lot of anger among the people, even among ordinary people," she said. "As a Muslim woman, if they really did this I condemn it, because everyone should respect the faith, religion and ideology of others."

If our government does not get the message soon, we will all pay the price.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Yes I am a angry, mad, inflamed American. And I have had enough with the world. Take a look at world news and you will see Syrian miltants killing innocent Iraqis...what about this? You know its the truth.

Hanging in a soccer field versus Americans protecting themselves. The previous Afghan gov. would just hang someone for looking at someone wrong and
you are trying to compare these two things?

Want freedom? Well here in the states we have many refugees that speak for their families in other countries and they do ask for help from the USA and freedom.

Kill em' all... well I just had enough of my fellow brothers dieing and listening to people bash them when all there doing is trying to get justice for what happened to us American people. Something that you hear of rarely on this website, when we were attcked many times in different places. What about that? There was no reason to kill us? but you dont want to talk about that. Yeah I said kill em all, all that get in the way of justice for my american brothers.

Family in the states....was'nt yours, I am talking to all of those who have family here and feel the way you do.

Afghanistan an uncivilized place.....been many years since the war with Russia in Afghanistan and still the county never got back on their feet, instead they went deeper into oppression from the taliban.

Oh afghanistan has oil? never heard that

Students? had it better with taliban? I didnt say that and never agreed with the other guy. And all of those students were not in school when the taliban were in control

Truly you can understand what I am saying

I am an American, born and raised, and will love this country till I die.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   

There is only one honour in war these days and in the days before, and it's the honour of those who are defending their homes and their family against invaders and occupiers.

defend thier homes against the occupiers... I'm guessing you mean the U.S. troops ?

The only reason, i'll say that again, the only reason you would have to defend your house against "an occupier" / U.S. troop, is if you were hiding or letting a insurgent / insurgents hide in your home or use it against our troops....

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   

what do you think about the quotes of what those people said?

And by the way, they first fired into the air, then they fired into the crowd.

[edit on 12-5-2005 by Syrian Sister]

No,No, No, NO NO.... it clearly states.... the U.S. troops fired into the air and then left the scene...

why is that so hard to understand ?

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ncbrian211
Yes I am a angry, mad, inflamed American. And I have had enough with the world.

And the world has had it with us. Your anger is misdirected, btw. If we weren't all over the globe meddling in the affairs of these nations and occupying their lands, our brave men and women would not be fighting and dying.

Be honest and direct your anger toward those who are responsible for planning and implementing US policy.

Oh afghanistan has oil? never heard that

Do some research on the Bridas Corp.'s lawsuit, meetings between Cheney & the Taliban in the summer of 2001 and the Caspian Sea Pipeline deal.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
thats a pipeline not a source

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ncbrian211
thats a pipeline not a source

Like I said, look into ALL of the things I mentioned. It's quite eye-opening.

PRE 9-11: "At one moment during the negotiations, the U.S. representatives told the Taliban, 'either you accept our offer of a carpet of gold, or we bury you under a carpet of bombs,...'"

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join