It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US troops shoot protestors in afghanistan.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

They're thoroughly offended by our military using the Quran in abhorent ways to crush the will of detainees. It is abhorent. These are ways in which we so offend other peoples that they do actually become terrorists. We need take a few steps back and review our policies with regards to detainees. Those who have been there are saying this stuff is NOT helping our cause; its only creating more enemies.

Personally, I think that's exactly what BushCo. actually wants. But that's just my opinion.

that is what bushco wants, this war on terrorism will never end and thats what he want. terrorism is a idea not a country or group like drug lords.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Make as many new enemies as you can and you will find an always expanding military budget for the "WoT" into perpetuity. Why are so many people so blinde to this? It's simple.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Well the Russians learned their lesson in Afghanistan, I guess it's time that US leare it the hard way too. I remember a sign at the end of Rambo III.

This movie is dedicated to gallant people of Afghanistan.

And you call them a mob. What a shame.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
emmm... I think the russians taught the terrorists, there was one incident that is now infamous of russians taking terrorists and removing their testicles and having it sent to their families, after that the terrorists lost heart, and now only the most serious ones oppose the russians.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Clearly there was a riot based on reports NOT evidence of the Quran being flushed down the toilet and desecrated. Whether this was true or not doesn't matter. Say hello to the thousand new Jihad recruits ready to fight a defined enemy, defined thanks to President Bush, - America.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The only thing muslims are interested in is a new crusade.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister

So if the USA sucks so much , what govt doesnt?

i'm glad you admit the US government sucks.

What can we do about it? how about the US people expell the regime, and bring these criminals to the international courts.

Fine, Impeach Bush. Guess what will happen.
NOTHING!!!!

The United States of America will still be in Iraq, Afgahnistan, and other countries they are now.

The United States of America will still hold the same positions and policies it currently holds today.

Violent Rioters will still be engaged, lethally or non lethally, be it in Iraq, Afgahnistan, The US, Kenya , China , Japan, or any other country in the world that wants to create order and stop the riot.

- Reason

[edit on 12-5-2005 by REASON]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
BOTh Police and troops fired into the air:

"There are police, army and Americans shooting into the air. … We've tried to get control but I think it is impossible."

abcnews.go.com...

Both police and troops, fired into the crowd:

"KABUL, Afghanistan May 11, 2005 — Police and U.S. troops opened fire in an eastern Afghan city to control hundreds of students rioting over the alleged desecration of Islam's holy book at the U.S. prison in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. At least two protesters were killed and more than 50 injured, officials said."

abcnews.go.com...

And even if your troops didn't shoot the protestors, (which they did, i watched the report unfold in the news myself), but even if they didn't, it was your government that put the regime in afghanistan up in the first place. And it was you who called democratic.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by REASON

So if the USA sucks so much , what govt doesnt?

i'm glad you admit the US government sucks.

What can we do about it? how about the US people expell the regime, and bring these criminals to the international courts.

Fine, Impeach Bush. Guess what will happen.
NOTHING!!!!

The United States of America will still be in Iraq, Afgahnistan, and other countries they are now.

The United States of America will still hold the same positions and policies it currently holds today.

Violent Rioters will still be engaged, lethally or non lethally, be it in Iraq, Afgahnistan, The US, Kenya , China , Japan, or any other country in the world that wants to create order and stop the riot.

- Reason

Then it's up to the US people, NOT JUST to remove the puppets like bush, but to remove the entire US regime and structure.

It's up to them educate themselves about the crimes of their government, and to protest against it.

And if this happens, there is going to be a united front against injustice from the people in America and from people around the world.

[edit on 12-5-2005 by Syrian Sister]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
You said:

"Throwing rocks at troops with guns Somehow I don't think they lowered the IQ level in the world by shooting them."

I guess you don't understand what honour and courage means. If you are up against great power and danger to yourself, and all you have is a stone, and you still choose to fight. That's the courage of the righteous who stand up for what is right even when the odds are against them. Heroic people like that are already victorious.

But i guess bravery to you means something different yes? It means bombing children from the air, and shooting at rock throwers while you hide in your tanks.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   

emmm... I think the russians taught the terrorists, there was one incident that is now infamous of russians taking terrorists and removing their testicles and having it sent to their families, after that the terrorists lost heart, and now only the most serious ones oppose the russians.

But how can you call them terrorists when they were just defending their homeland against occupation? And also, how can you be such a hypocryt when it was the US itself that helped Osama bin ladin during that time. Watched rambo lately?

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   

“The only thing muslims are interested in is a new crusade.”

There is no such thing as a crusade in islam, however, your president bush has said it on more than one occasion that he was a crusader.

www.csmonitor.com...

On Sunday, Bush warned Americans that "this crusade, this war on terrorism, is going to take awhile"

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Whenever we see footage of other countries burning our flag, we get SO pissed off. Using prisoners' Qurans to break them down is no different.

Does that mean you would piss on the wailing wall if jews burnt the US flag? Does that mean your flag represents your religion?

Yes or no answers please.

Notice the muslims never burn the bible, but only burn political symbols? That’s because the bible is sacred to muslims too.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
So in that case, to you, property is more important than lives yes?
So you support a death sentence dealth out to vandelisers yes?

You where right about one thing though, A war on terrorism is like a war on flanking maneveurs.

It's a strategy, not a body like the mafia. The US uses terrorism too, frequently, like when they shoot protestors and bomb civilians. LIke the terrorism they caused in hiroshima and nagasaki.

If you want to defeat terrorism in the world, start with yourselfs.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Sporty you said;

Of course the College students would be mad and angry....they're
college students who's parents probably benefited well from the old way of life without US occupation and democracy.

You must be joking. You call this democracy? A democracy that shoots at protestors?

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   

“The only thing muslims are interested in is a new crusade.”

There is no such thing as a crusade in islam, however, your president bush has said it on more than one occasion that he was a crusader.

You're quoting the wrong person.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
djohnsto77
"I see no problem,"

Jayce
Do you shoot people in the US for burning empty cars and storming buildings?

"I think you find they do!"

LA_Maximus
"Good shooting!!!!

When protestors start rioting and destroying public property in any country...even ours, its time to blow em away."

Jayce
"a crazed mob? what else do you expect them to do? ask them all nicely to go home and have tea? ok i admit using live rounds for crowd control is a little extreme but…"

Longbow
"I also don't know why should US even try to use non leathal ammo against violent attackers. They are not police and Afganistan is not USA/Europe."

(I will repeat the last one! And you all should think about it and what it means)

Longbow
"Afganistan is not USA/Europe"

Jayce
"Crowd control is not a easy thing!"

Djohnsto77
"the people were warned and refused to stop their criminal activity."

Jayce
"… [they didn’t] take aimed shots because if they did i am dam sure they would of been alot more deaths......"

Elevate done
"Oh okay... next time I hope they use grenades or flame throwers!!!!"

Djohnsto77
"Of course people are at risk at being shot by police "

Longbow
"they killed too few of them"

----------------------------------------------------------

if this is the democracy you are selling america, no one is buying.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
well who ever said that, you have my reply!

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Well, this has kind of turned into some mad hodge podge of flamming, but anywho, back to the topic at hand...... I really don't think that any of the armed forces involved purposely targeted civilians. As was stated, they fired warning shots into the air, in an attempt to disperse the crowd. well, what goes up must come down right? Unfortunately, it appears as if a number of rounds did come back down, and regretably, a couple protesters were killed. Unfortunate? Yes. Surprising? Not really. If troops and police encounter a violent and hostile mob, i doubt they'll take the time to fire warning shots off on a trajectory that ensures they land away from any possible victims. And i suppose if one decides to riot and engage armed military forces, you are exposing yourself to certain dangers, namely getting shot. Though it is unfortunate to hear, clashes between angry mobs and armed police and military forces don't usually end all that well. And on the bright side, it could have been alot worse, so i guess we can be thankful it wasn't.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
what do you think about the quotes of what those people said?

And by the way, they first fired into the air, then they fired into the crowd.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join