It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US troops shoot protestors in afghanistan.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by longbow
And please don't call them protestors. They are mobs.

At what point in Time does a Protestor becom a a member of the Mob?

They expressed their Anger - why was it exactly?

Well now they are Calm huh? Now that two of their friends are dead, I guess now they will remain silent huh?

WRONG!

[edit on 12/5/05 by Souljah]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister
Flame throwers against rocks, the bravery of you and your troops is astonishing.

Hey, rocks are just as lethal of a weapon. Not a superior weapon, but just as lethal. If you've visited the Middle East I'm sure you would have heard of death by rock before. They like to call it stoning over there.

Throwing rocks at troops with guns
Somehow I don't think they lowered the IQ level in the world by shooting them.

[edit on 12-5-2005 by dbates]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Hey, rocks are just as lethal of a weapon. Not a superior weapon, but just as lethal.

You mean Lethal and Deadly STONES huh? More Deadly than Tanks and Gunz?

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
yes rocks are a lethal weapon.. didn't your momma ever tell you not to thow rocks that you could put someone's eye out with one ?

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Originally posted by dbates
Hey, rocks are just as lethal of a weapon. Not a superior weapon, but just as lethal.

You mean Lethal and Deadly STONES huh? More Deadly than Tanks and Gunz?

any weapon can be deadly, heck i can use the leg of a chair and use it to kill someone, rocks can be deadly thats why troops have to been in tanks and armored personnel carriers. if they are good at protecting from bullets then it should be no problem to be protected from rocks. i got hit by a rock long time ago and i was bleeding badly and taken to the hospital.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The central point to this whole situation seems to be that the US desecrated the Qurans of some at Guantanamo. Of course this is going to cause anger and hostilities.

From what the Guardian reports, it sounds exactly like what's been going on (out of the purview of most) at Gitmo, Abu Ghraib and elsewhere. This is what happens when ignorance reigns at the top and you go trampling on such sacred things.

Far too many people in the USA have no respect for any other cultures. It's sad, considering our own make-up is so diverse.

Whenever we see footage of other countries burning our flag, we get SO pissed off. Using prisoners' Qurans to break them down is no different.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
The central point to this whole situation seems to be that the US desecrated the Qurans of some at Guantanamo. Of course this is going to cause anger and hostilities.

From what the Guardian reports, it sounds exactly like what's been going on (out of the purview of most) at Gitmo, Abu Ghraib and elsewhere. This is what happens when ignorance reigns at the top and you go trampling on such sacred things.

Far too many people in the USA have no respect for any other cultures. It's sad, considering our own make-up is so diverse.

Whenever we see footage of other countries burning our flag, we get SO pissed off. Using prisoners' Qurans to break them down is no different.

i dont get pissed of it since it aint my flag, they bought or made the american flag, they can do watever they want to it.

and yeah, they shouldnt burn the Koran even if its a tactic to break the prisoners, singing and dancing in front of them, or paying strippers to strip in front of the prisoners is good enough to make them get nightmares for the rest of their lives.

[edit on 12-5-2005 by deltaboy]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
So by your definition it's okay to shoot someone if they are wearing a bullet proof vest because they are hiding behind armor. It doesn't kill them so what's wrong with it? Where do we draw the line? Knives are inferior to guns so waving swords at a solder is allowed?

The soldiers used deadly force against deadly force. Just ask this lady how lethal stones are. If stones are used in capital punishment in the Middle East, then isn't it attempted murder to use them against someone? I'm sure they would love to bury the US troops up to their neck in dirt before they started throwing the rocks, but I don't think that's going to happen.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
According to the Guardian article the US troops left the area when things went south. The local authorities were the ones who "shot closely over the crowd's heads."

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Do you shoot people in the US for burning empty cars and storming buildings?

No wonder no one belives you when you talk about "democracy". Hypocracy, more like it.

Of course people are at risk at being shot by police when they engage in such activity!

Democracy doesn't mean a total lack of law enforcement and mob rule, no violent mobs are ever allowed in the U.S. or any other democratic nation -- we only allow peaceful protest.

A quick question for you dj, If an oppressive force overthrew our government and locked you up because they thought you were an insurgent wouldn't you be upset?? Say they took something dear to you (bible perhaps, wedding ring, anything) and flushed it down the toilet knowing full well it would horrify and disgust you to the point of rage. What would you do?

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
First of all, the title of this thread is misleading and is further example of a leftist anti-war activist trying to twist the news to favor his own views. The article in no way implies that US troops were responsible for the shooting deaths and injuries. It clearly states that US troops fired high above the crowd and quickly left the area, returning to base.

The Afghan troops, who were said to have been shooting just above the heads of protestors, were the likely culprits. These kinds of things will happen when your armed forces are filled with under-trained, nervous rookies facing a violent mob. I love how everyone is so quick to criticize the US and Afghan troops, but entirely ignore the fact that this MOB was breaking into the shops of innocent Afghans who are just trying to make a living, as well as burning cars. I think when you throw rocks at troops you're just asking for return fire. What should the troops have done, kept their own bag of rocks handy and just throw some back at the crowd? Give me a break.

It's sad that people had to die. It's a shame that people were injured. Hopefully these Afghans will soon learn the lessons of Martin Luther King, that violence and destruction of property is NOT the answer.

Furthermore, their protests are based on the claims of a bunch of TERRORISTS!!! I don't know why anyone would put any stock into the claims made by people who blow themselves up in stores and hold children hostage in schools. I love ATS, but a lot of you people on here really need to get your priorities straight and learn to recognize EVIL when and where it exists.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
You have voted Rasputin13 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

Well said...its a Sad fact that Liberals can't tell good from Bad.

Cops are Bad....criminals and murderers are oppressed

America is Bad.....Muslim Terrorists are freedom Fighters

Soldiers protecting private property are bad.........Violent street protesters are good.

Israel is Bad.......Suicide Bombers are "Heros"

Between the Pot sessions and Political Science classes, I can see why their so confused and mis-guided. Michael Savage is right.....Liberalism is a MENTAL DISORDER.

Maximu§

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
"shot too few of them"
"self defence"
"Topic title misleading"

Wait a min, doesn't Afghanistan have a democraticaly elected government now? What are US trooping doing shooting people anyway in what is now supposedly a sovereign country?

It's quite obvious that the people posting here, supporting these actions, don't have any sense of humanity, only a false sense of patriotism. Sad. To hear people say "shot too few of them" is just really sad for that person, and you can ony pity such a person, for they must have had a very horrible life.

[edit on 12-5-2005 by Indigo_Child]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
"shot too few of them"
"self defence"
"Topic title misleading"

Wait a min, doesn't Afghanistan have a democraticaly elected government now? What are US trooping doing shooting people anyway in what is now supposedly a sovereign country?

It's quite obvious that the people posting here, supporting these actions, don't have any sense of humanity, only a false sense of patriotism. Sad.

wait, wait, havent u look at the older posts or articles to see that it does not say American troops shoot into the crowd?

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   

wait, wait, havent u look at the older posts or articles to see that it does not say American troops shoot into the crowd?

I have, and according to this:

Deputy health chief Mohammed Ayub Shinwari said two protesters were killed and 40 injured. Many were being treated in Jalalabad hospital for bullet wounds, he said.

Who shot them?

"American troops don't stay in Afghanistan forever"

Sounds like one legitimate reason to protest, don't you think? These were Afghanistani students, mind you. The people that were saved and given freedom by America lol

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Well i'm glad you agree that they shouldn't be killed, it seems you are still human.
but when you say they where not prepared, afghan police have had 3 years to buy rubber bullets, why did your cowardly troops feel they had to shoot protestors that where merely armed with rocks?

ok, they might have 3 years, you are right here... but didn't it say american troops shoot in the air and left? how do americans shoot the crowd when they are not there?

also you have to look at the whole picture instead of the outcome. the people that are protesting are burning cars and storming into someone's else buildings, to me thats a crime. let say someone break into your house ("storming buildings") and they start destory stuff in your house ("Burning cars") what would you do? sit there and do nothing? or are you going to stop the person who's breaking :not their stuffs:? but yours. If Gundi can get the british empire to leave india with "no volience" then afgans can also with "no volience". i would agree with you if they were protesting peacefully.. but they are burning cars and destorying someone's else property, that has too be stop... well if it were your cars that were burning and your houses that are storm and destoryed you would agree that they must be stoped before they cause more damage.

hope you understand

[edit on 12-5-2005 by ulshadow]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child

I have, and according to this:

Deputy health chief Mohammed Ayub Shinwari said two protesters were killed and 40 injured. Many were being treated in Jalalabad hospital for bullet wounds, he said.

Who shot them?

"American troops don't stay in Afghanistan forever"

Sounds like one legitimate reason to protest, don't you think? These were Afghanistani students, mind you. The people that were saved and given freedom by America lol

www.boston.com...

"Police fired on the protesters, many of them students, trying to stifle the biggest display of anti-American anger since the ouster of the ruling Taliban militia 3 1/2 years ago. There were no reports of American casualties, but the violence left four dead and 71 injured in Jalalabad, a city 80 miles east of the capital, Kabul."

this one was posted by Syrian Sister, and o yeah it says somthing about Afghan police shooting the protestors.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Afghan police and U.S. troops opened fire to control hundreds of rioting students Wednesday angered at alleged abuse of the Quran at the U.S. jail in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, killing two protesters and injuring 40, officials said.

They're rioting over a rumour about a book being defaced?

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Funny how the Boston link mention othing of US troops firing...only the police firing

Police fired on the protesters, many of them students, trying to stifle the biggest display of anti-American anger since the ouster of the ruling Taliban militia 3 1/2 years ago

Of course the College students would be mad and angry....they're
college students who's parents probably benefited well from the old way of life without US occupation and democracy. Obviously they are not thinking about the nation as a whole....just themselves.

That's funny how we very rearely hear of "commoners" rioting and mobbing against the US. Of course they have before....buit the support
rallys far out number the anti-US rallies both in occurance and numbers.

I had and still have many friends from thier. From what I gather the muslim arabs who are regular class (aka poor to american standards) like the US and us being there very much. It's the ones who had it good and had it all back in the day that hate us being there. And there kids too.

I recall back when the US first started entering Iraq, MTV had an interview with some local teens. The teens hated the US, hated us and hated us being there. They even gave a special tour of thier home. They had playstions, games, 60 inch TV's, a bar...hell even a pool table. Then one boy walked over and showed a picture of his family. The lady asked him who is father worked for....he said the goverment or something like that.
Well no wonder why he did not want us there....daddy works for Saddam and is able to provide all the luxaries that most other Iraqis do not have.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Afghan police and U.S. troops opened fire to control hundreds of rioting students Wednesday angered at alleged abuse of the Quran at the U.S. jail in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, killing two protesters and injuring 40, officials said.

They're rioting over a rumour about a book being defaced?

They're thoroughly offended by our military using the Quran in abhorent ways to crush the will of detainees. It is abhorent. These are ways in which we so offend other peoples that they do actually become terrorists. We need take a few steps back and review our policies with regards to detainees. Those who have been there are saying this stuff is NOT helping our cause; its only creating more enemies.

Personally, I think that's exactly what BushCo. actually wants. But that's just my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join