It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US troops shoot protestors in afghanistan.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Hang on, so troops fire at crowds and kill and injure people, and then the people are blamed for it? Not only that, but decrying the actions of troops, is insulting the US armed forces?

I knew I shouldn't have clicked into this topic.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
ulshadow

Yea, they shouldn't shoot to kill, if warning shots didn't stop them (which it didn't) they should use rubber bullets but i don't think they are perpare for it...

Well i'm glad you agree that they shouldn't be killed, it seems you are still human.
but when you say they where not prepared, afghan police have had 3 years to buy rubber bullets, why did your cowardly troops feel they had to shoot protestors that where merely armed with rocks?

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Originally posted by deltaboy
maybe you should see how many Iraqis the President of Iraq kill his own, i could provide the information, of all the enemies of Iraq like Iran, Saudia Arabia, Kuwait, etc he decides to launch chemical attacks against the Iraqi Kurds and he kills Shiites. o yeah Saddam got into power by himself, he didnt need the CIA for that.

You made a little mistake deltaboi.

When Saddam killed those Iraqi Kurds with Chemical weapons, guess where did he buy them? Yep, you are right - president Regan sent mister Rumsfeld down to Iraq to provide him with weapons and money. Alot of weapons and money - and thats why they won the Iraq-Iran War.

What would happen if they Lost that War, huh?

Iran would occpy Iraq - and Iraq would not invade Kuwait - and US Troops would not go and LIBERATE Kuwair - and the US Troops would not go and Liberate Iraq.

Things happen for a Reason.

whoa whoa, wat makes u dink we sold them chemical weapons, we did sell some farm products which can be used for chemical weapons if Saddam decided to change it, it be like using pots and pans to make bullets. as for weapons look to Russia and France for that. I dont see Abrams tanks or f-15 fighters used by the Iraqi army.

o yeah if the Russians provided the nuclear power, maybe they provided the chemical weapons

[edit on 12-5-2005 by deltaboy]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   

maybe you should see how many Iraqis the President of Iraq kill his own, i could provide the information, of all the enemies of Iraq like Iran, Saudia Arabia, Kuwait, etc he decides to launch chemical attacks against the Iraqi Kurds and he kills Shiites. o yeah Saddam got into power by himself, he didnt need the CIA for that..

I already know all that thankyou, i know it FIRST HAND.

And with what i know, i can tell you, Saddam killed alot of iraqies, but the US killed more. And Saddam was a terrible guy, but the US government is worse. And Saddam's dictatorship was a despotic once, but the US has supported worse.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister

maybe you should see how many Iraqis the President of Iraq kill his own, i could provide the information, of all the enemies of Iraq like Iran, Saudia Arabia, Kuwait, etc he decides to launch chemical attacks against the Iraqi Kurds and he kills Shiites. o yeah Saddam got into power by himself, he didnt need the CIA for that..

I already know all that thankyou, i know it FIRST HAND.

And with what i know, i can tell you, Saddam killed alot of iraqies, but the US killed more. And Saddam was a terrible guy, but the US government is worse. And Saddam's dictatorship was a despotic once, but the US has supported worse.

killed more
lets me and you do math together and find out shall we? who killed more, U.S. or Saddam and his followers.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
both puppet police and US troops shot the protestors.

abcnews.go.com...

"KABUL, Afghanistan May 11, 2005 — Police and U.S. troops opened fire in an eastern Afghan city to control hundreds of students rioting over the alleged desecration of Islam's holy book at the U.S. prison in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. At least two protesters were killed and more than 50 injured, officials said."

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   

abcnews.go.com...

"KABUL, Afghanistan May 11, 2005 — Police and U.S. troops opened fire in an eastern Afghan city to control hundreds of students rioting over the alleged desecration of Islam's holy book at the U.S. prison in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. At least two protesters were killed and more than 50 injured, officials said."

"At one point, students threw stones at a group of American military vehicles, officials said. U.S. troops fired into the air before quickly leaving the area, Shah said. A U.S. military spokeswoman in Kabul had no comment."

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
But let's do it in the venue, that i provided, and let people get back to the topic on this thread.

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is the venue i provide, everyone can come and have read the ensuing battle if they like.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   

abcnews.go.com...

"At one point, students threw stones at a group of American military vehicles, officials said. U.S. troops fired into the air before quickly leaving the area, Shah said. A U.S. military spokeswoman in Kabul had no comment."

"There are police, army and Americans shooting into the air. … We've tried to get control but I think it is impossible."

abcnews.go.com...

Police and army shot into the air.

Police and army, shot into the crowd.

"Police and U.S. troops opened fire in an eastern Afghan city to control hundreds of students rioting over the alleged desecration of Islam's holy book at the U.S. prison in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. At least two protesters were killed and more than 50 injured, officials said."

Resultant death of innocent people.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   

abcnews.go.com...

"There are police, army and Americans shooting into the air. … We've tried to get control but I think it is impossible."

abcnews.go.com...

"Police and U.S. troops opened fire in an eastern Afghan city to control hundreds of students rioting over the alleged desecration of Islam's holy book at the U.S. prison in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. At least two protesters were killed and more than 50 injured, officials said."

"They are very angry and are spread over all over the city," provincial intelligence chief Sardar Shah told The Associated Press. "There are police, army and Americans shooting into the air. … We've tried to get control but I think it is impossible."

Insurgents Bomb Baghdad Market, 21 Dead
Cubans to U.S.: Don't Shelter Terror Suspect
Full Coverage: Sudan

At one point, students threw stones at a group of American military vehicles, officials said. U.S. troops fired into the air before quickly leaving the area, Shah said. A U.S. military spokeswoman in Kabul had no comment.

still misleading Syrian Sister.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   

abcnews.go.com...

abcnews.go.com...

"They are very angry and are spread over all over the city," provincial intelligence chief Sardar Shah told The Associated Press. "There are police, army and Americans shooting into the air. … We've tried to get control but I think it is impossible."

Insurgents Bomb Baghdad Market, 21 Dead
Cubans to U.S.: Don't Shelter Terror Suspect
Full Coverage: Sudan

At one point, students threw stones at a group of American military vehicles, officials said. U.S. troops fired into the air before quickly leaving the area, Shah said. A U.S. military spokeswoman in Kabul had no comment.

still misleading Syrian Sister.

maybe you should put American troops shoot in the air over anti-American protestors and put Afghan police shot the protestors.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I don't understand you all. Has anyone thought the two people were killed in self defense? Or do you think a 100 people with stones is less dangerous than few thugs with AK-47? And I also don't know why should US even try to use non leathal ammo against violent attackers. They are not police and Afganistan is not USA/Europe.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   

he decides to launch chemical attacks against the Iraqi Kurds and he kills Shiites. o yeah Saddam got into power by himself, he didnt need the CIA for that.

1. Propaganda.

Here's another take:

IRAQ'S CHEMICAL WARFARE
By Douglas V. Johnson, Stephen C. Pelletiere, Reply by Edward Mortimer
In response to The Thief of Baghdad (September 27, 1990)

To the Editors:

In our book Iraqi Power and U.S. Security in the Middle East we questioned whether Iraq had used chemicals against its Kurdish population, as widely believed. Your reviewer (Edward Mortimer, "Republic of Fear," NYR, September 27) challenged us on this. Since it is a matter of some importance, we would like to offer support for our view. Essentially there are two instances under scrutiny. The first attack allegedly occurred at Halabjah in north-central Iraq. All accounts of this incident agree that the victims' mouths and extremities were blue. This is consonant with the use of a blood agent. Iraq never used blood agents throughout the war; Iran did. The U.S. State Department said at the time of the Hallabjah attack that both Iran and Iraq had used gas in this instance. Hence, we concluded it was the Iranians' gas that killed the Kurds.

The second alleged gas attack by the Iraqis against the Kurds occurred at Amadiyyah (in the far northern region of Iraq) after the war had ended. This one is extremely problematical since no gassing victims were ever produced. The only evidence that gas was used is the eye-witness testimony of the Kurds who fled to Turkey, collected by staffers of the U.S. Senate. We showed this testimony to experts in the military who told us it was worthless. The symptoms described by the Kurds do not conform to any known chemical or combination of chemicals.

Lacking any gassing victims, and given the fact that the testimony does not seem credible we were unwilling to say that in fact the attacks had occurred. At the same time, throughout the study we cited instances of Iraqi-instigated chemical attacks against Iranian military units. There is no doubt that these occurred; indeed the Iraqis have stated on occasion that they feel justified in using chemicals tactically under certain conditions. However, they deny using chemicals as a weapon of mass destruction, that is against civilians. What our study concludes is that those who claim they are doing so need to come up with some more convincing proof.

On an another matter, your reviewer claimed that we did not predict the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait. He quotes us (correctly) as saying that (after the war with Iran) "Iraq has neither the will nor the resources to go to war with anybody." However, we qualified that statement, by saying, if we (that is the United States) impose economic sanctions on the Iraqis, it then is likely that they will lash out against our interests in the Gulf. This part of the prediction your reviewer left out, and it's important since, as you know, the U.S. Congress did impose sanctions and almost immediately after the Iraqis invaded Kuwait.

If any of the New York Review of Books readers want to read what we said in our study, they can obtain a free copy by writing to us.

Dr. Stephen C. Pelletiere
Lt. Col. Douglas V. Johnson III
Strategic Studies Institute
US Army War College
Carlisle Barracks, Pennsylvania, 17013–5050
www.nybooks.com...

2. Of course the CIA helped put Saddam in power.

Regime Change: How the CIA put Saddam's Party in Power
From Richard Sanders, 24 October 2002

Another very good example of a CIA-organized regime change was a coup in 1963 that employed political assassination, mass imprisonment, torture and murder. This was the military coup that first brought Saddam Hussein's beloved Ba'ath Party to power in Iraq. At the time, Richard Helms was Director for Plans at the CIA. That is the top CIA position responsible for covert actions, like organizing coups. Helms served in that capacity until 1966, when he was made Director.

In the quotations collected below, the name of the leader who was assassinated is spelled variously as Qasim, Qassim and Kassem. But, however you spell his name, when he took power in a popularly-backed coup in 1958, he certainly got recognized in Washington. He carried out such anti-American and anti-corporatist policies as starting the process of nationalizing foreign oil companies in Iraq, withdrawing Iraq from the US-initiated right-wing Baghdad Pact (which included another military-run, US-puppet state, i.e., Pakistan) and decriminalizing the Iraqi Communist Party. Despite these actions, and more likely because of them, he was Iraq's most popular leader. He had to go!

In 1959, there was a failed assassination attempt on Qasim. The failed assassin was none other than a young Saddam Hussein. In 1963, a CIA-organized coup did successfully assassinate Qasim and Saddam's Ba'ath Party came to power for the first time. Saddam returned from exile in Egypt and took up the key post as head of Iraq's secret service. The CIA then provided the new pliant, Iraqi regime with the names of thousands of communists, and other leftist activists and organizers. Thousands of these supporters of Qasim and his policies were soon dead in a rampage of mass murder carried out by the CIA's close friends in Iraq.
www.hartford-hwp.com...

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
hmmmm i wonder why the CIA would tell everything they did in Iraq?

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The US troops and the police equally shot into the air. And they equally shot at the protestors.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   

The US troops and the police equally shot into the air. And they equally shot at the protestors.

Having read your links, i cannot see where it says that. Thats just your opinion.

Maybe you ought to start thinking more about what you write, intstead of trying to bring down the US al the time with the many posts that you have made.
Of all the posts you have made, i can see no evidence that actually back any claims that you say are gospel and correct.

[edit on 03/12/04 by Bikereddie]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   

it does not say US troops shoot into the crowd. all it says is that American troops shot in the air and left. Unless it was the Afghan police and army that shot into the crowd.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   

And??? IMO they killed too few of them. And please don't call them protestors. They are mobs.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   

it does not say US troops shoot into the crowd. all it says is that American troops shot in the air and left. Unless it was the Afghan police and army that shot into the crowd.

Look Bottom Line - Two people dead, several Injured. Yes they first fired in the Air, but then they had to Fire in the Crown, to kill 2 people and injure several others.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
this is the source u provided Syrian Sister in back in the first post.

The American troops fired into the air to force the crowd back and quickly left the scene, provincial intelligence chief Sardar Shah said.

U.S. military spokeswoman Lt. Cindy Moore said American forces were ordered to their camps but had no information on whether any of them were caught up in the unrest.

Associated Press Television News footage showed Afghan troops firing dangerously low over the heads of fleeing demonstrators.

www.boston.com...

so it must be the Afghan police and army that shot them. the American troops left after they shot in the air, and the Afghan police and army shot the protestors and the others started to flee after seeing some of their people shot.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join