It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US troops shoot protestors in afghanistan.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
nothing you said has upset me, my dear.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Some of these posters are posting off topic.

Namely Jayce, amd La-Maximus.

What are the rules pretaining to that?

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
You said:

"you sound like a Man-Hater and an American-Hater to boot. You go ahead and keep shooting your mouth off, its just talk and thats apparently thats all your good for. "

But isn't that what people come on this forum to do, to talk?

I sound like a man-hater to you? LOL, where did you get that idea. Sure, there are some men i greatly dislike, but there are also some men i greatly admire. What is the point you are trying to make here? make it clear thankyou.

And make it short, because you are off topic.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister

Namely Jayce, amd La-Maximus.

You're kidding right.... I can't beleive that you posted that..

I've seen it all now... wah wah wah... off topic wah wah wah...

ban 'em I say.... ban them all !!!

now on topic...

I still like the idea of using a flame thrower against violent mobs such as this one that were directly attacking US troops by throwing objects at them.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
ahhh...

when you're losing the argument, change the topic that's it

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Well we can't put everyone in a straight-jacket can we? If a thread spins way off topic we might say something about it, but mods don't dictate the discussion.

[Straitjacket]
What's with the discussion of Baghdad and Syria, the topic clearly says "in Afghanistan", and who mentioned flame-thrower when guns are implied?
[/StraightJacket]

[edit on 12-5-2005 by dbates]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
dbates...

I brought up the flame thrower.. as a joke...

I had asked what were the troops supposed to do besides shoot, offer cookies and hugs ( thats still funny ) and then said I think they should use grenades and flame throwers next time..

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I'll take you on in arguement any day.

Infact, i suggested a venue for the arguement, a battle dome if you will.

However, i also want to simultaneously continue the arguement about the murder of the protestors in afghanistan. That is after all the topic of this thread. If you can't hack that and want to resort to personal attacks, there should be some rule against that. Atleast i gave you a venue to do that in.

Two arguements at once, *sigh* .God help me, i just love to argue

As for what you said.

I still like the idea of using a flame thrower against violent mobs such as this one that were directly attacking US troops by throwing objects at them.

That's a good one, got any more.
common, expose what you are!

Flame throwers against rocks, the bravery of you and your troops is astonishing.

[edit on 12-5-2005 by Syrian Sister]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
again.. it's elevatedone..

I don't argue.. i don't like to and won't...

good luck with your arguement, I'll just keep posting my thoughts on the situation

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Ok, ok no more "Burka" comments from me.
dbates set me straight.

Syrian Sister, Im your worst nightmare.

Im a American veteran who does'nt take crap from anyone!!! weather its on the street or on the computer.....You bash our American soldiers on ATS, you can expect a response from me and other Patriots in here, but Please, don't feel like your alone...there are many other "comrades" in ATS that share your POV.

Maximu§

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jayce
and the book was only a book? does religion not live in the heart of the person?

Yea Its "only a Book" you say - but actions speak louder then words, and its the Act of Tearing up a Holy Book, that angered these Students. For them its not Only a Book.

Go and Burn the Bible and see what Effect it will create among the Christian population.

Go and take a leak on the Wailing Wall in Isreal, and see what Effect that will create among the Jewish Population.

I bet it would result in pretty much the same thing that happened in Afganistan.

How the Police and US Troops took care of this Protests is a classical approach to these kind of situations - Fight Fire with Fire, and then always things go up in Flames.

I will end this with lyrics by American group Consolidated - Guerrillas in the Mist:

Welcome to the hate that Gates made new definition in scope of the term police state
Pinochet coup American style ricochet hit another innocent guy
Crowd of marchers stacked up against a weak police line calling for backup
Turn our anger into love when we defend ourselves when Bush comes to shove

[edit on 12/5/05 by Souljah]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Im a American veteran who does'nt take crap from anyone!!! weather its on the street or on the computer.....You bash our American soldiers on ATS, you can expect a response from me and other Patriots in here, but Please, don't feel like your alone...there are many other "comrades" in ATS that share your POV.

Actually, that's not my nightmare, that's my best dream, i already told you, i love to argue. The venue is open, you know where to go. The circus awaits you gladiator.

As for your comment about the "burka", heh, i let it slip past because i'm not petty. But if you knew anything at all about Syrians in general, and if you had any cultural awareness at all. you wouldn't have made that comment.

My hair is long, straight, light brown, and flows freely in the wind. I do not cover it.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Syrian Sister you start to sound like Siroos... are you two twins? hehe
just wondering.

and just to make my point... what do you think the troops suppose to do... Syrian Sister if you are burning cars and storming into "someone's else" house what do you expect the police to do... leave you there to burn more cars and destory someone's else property?

just my 2 cents

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Go and take a leak on the Wailing Wall in Isreal, and see what Effect that will create among the Jewish Population.

That demonstrates the point exactly!

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ulshadow
Syrian Sister you start to sound like Siroos... are you two twins? hehe
just wondering.

and just to make my point... what do you think the troops suppose to do... Syrian Sister if you are burning cars and storming into "someone's else" house what do you expect the police to do... leave you there to burn more cars and destory someone's else property?

just my 2 cents

Who's Siroos? No way can there exist someone as cool as me, but if he/she comes close, power to him/her.

What do i suggest the police do when someone destroys public property? Certainly not shoot to kill.
Or is that what you in the US support and do at home? It doesn't come as a suprise, looking at your pseudo-democracy.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
Good shooting!!!!

When protestors start rioting and destroying public property in any country...even ours, its time to blow em away.

Maximu§

I'll remember that comment when a thread arises about police or armed forces in other countries doing the same thing.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Who's Siroos? No way can there exist someone as cool as me, but if he/she comes close, power to him/her.

What do i suggest the police do when someone destroys public property? Certainly not shoot to kill.
Or is that what you in the US support and do at home? It doesn't come as a suprise, looking at your pseudo-democracy.

Yea, they shouldn't shoot to kill, if warning shots didn't stop them (which it didn't) they should use rubber bullets but i don't think they are perpare for it...

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
wait did the topic says U.S. troops shot the protestors or did the article say they shot in the air?

Police fired on the protesters, many of them students, trying to stifle the biggest display of anti-American anger since the ouster of the ruling Taliban militia 3 1/2 years ago. There were no reports of American casualties, but the violence left four dead and 71 injured in Jalalabad, a city 80 miles east of the capital, Kabul.

The American troops fired into the air to force the crowd back and quickly left the scene, provincial intelligence chief Sardar Shah said.

U.S. military spokeswoman Lt. Cindy Moore said American forces were ordered to their camps but had no information on whether any of them were caught up in the unrest.

this is the source u provided.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Please note that this thread is not the place to discuss this, if you would like to know more, come to this place, politics.abovetopsecret.com...
Just to keep the mods happy

But i will answer your last question.
Saddam was a US puppet. He was helped into power by the US, back when he worked for the CIA.

The US continued to support him, even when he was at his most despotic. And they claim to be democratic etc..

No one can accuse me of being a Saddam supporter, since during the first gulf war, when i was a young child, my immediate family and i being in UAE, where under threat by his chemical weapons.

However Saddam was not worse than the US is, the US has killed thousands upon thousands more iraqies than he ever did. Some would say, the US is the teacher where Saddam was the student. And i have heard some Iraqi refugees, who where tortured under both Saddam and the US, say that the torture under the US was worse.

But no matter how bad saddam was, (and he was bad), he was still the president of iraq, and it is Always up to a People, and only up to a people, to over throw their own leader. It's a great insult to the people of iraq that he was removed in that manner. Think about it, you may hate bush, but imagine if some other country invades the US kills thousands of US citizens, and then humiliates BUSH (as if he doesn't humiliate himself enough), and claim that they did it for your sake. Wouldn't you take it as an insult?

The Iraqies did not ask you to put him into power in the first place.
They did not ask you to remove him.
All that they ask is that you leave their country, leave them to choose their own fate.

EDITED, ADITION:
i'm sorry if i said "YOU" like that, it's just easier than saying "the US government" every single time. THat's all i meant by that.

[edit on 12-5-2005 by Syrian Sister]

maybe you should see how many Iraqis the President of Iraq kill his own, i could provide the information, of all the enemies of Iraq like Iran, Saudia Arabia, Kuwait, etc he decides to launch chemical attacks against the Iraqi Kurds and he kills Shiites. o yeah Saddam got into power by himself, he didnt need the CIA for that.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
maybe you should see how many Iraqis the President of Iraq kill his own, i could provide the information, of all the enemies of Iraq like Iran, Saudia Arabia, Kuwait, etc he decides to launch chemical attacks against the Iraqi Kurds and he kills Shiites. o yeah Saddam got into power by himself, he didnt need the CIA for that.

You made a little mistake deltaboi.

When Saddam killed those Iraqi Kurds with Chemical weapons, guess where did he buy them? Yep, you are right - president Regan sent mister Rumsfeld down to Iraq to provide him with weapons and money. Alot of weapons and money - and thats why they won the Iraq-Iran War.

What would happen if they Lost that War, huh?

Iran would occpy Iraq - and Iraq would not invade Kuwait - and US Troops would not go and LIBERATE Kuwait - and the US Troops would not go and Liberate Iraq.

Things happen for a Reason.

[edit on 12/5/05 by Souljah]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join