It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US troops shoot protestors in afghanistan.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Syrian Sister, are you from Afghanistan?

You said you had family there, right?

LOL! I did? i think you are getting countries confused, i know you americans are bad at geography. No offence.

I said i had family in iraq. I am from syria.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   
But the acts and disrepect shown to that faith and their beleifs and way of life were symbolically abused in that prison.

It sent a message to all who belong to that way of thinking.

Not saying I agree with the riots in any way. But the acts carried out in that prison was disgusting.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister
LOL! I did? i think you are getting countries confused, i know you americans are bad at geography. No offence.

I said i had family in iraq. I am from syria.

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you. It's early and I havn't had my required amount of caffeine to wake up yet.

What does your family think of our occupation? What area are they from?

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   
My family thinks the occupation should never have begun, and that it should end, right now.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   
They are from baghdad.

i like your orwell quote.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister
They are from baghdad.

i like your orwell quote.

Thanks.
It's nice to know it is seen.

What did they think about Saddam, if you don't mind me asking?

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Please note that this thread is not the place to discuss this, if you would like to know more, come to this place, politics.abovetopsecret.com...
Just to keep the mods happy

But i will answer your last question.
Saddam was a US puppet. He was helped into power by the US, back when he worked for the CIA.

The US continued to support him, even when he was at his most despotic. And they claim to be democratic etc..

No one can accuse me of being a Saddam supporter, since during the first gulf war, when i was a young child, my immediate family and i being in UAE, where under threat by his chemical weapons.

However Saddam was not worse than the US is, the US has killed thousands upon thousands more iraqies than he ever did. Some would say, the US is the teacher where Saddam was the student. And i have heard some Iraqi refugees, who where tortured under both Saddam and the US, say that the torture under the US was worse.

But no matter how bad saddam was, (and he was bad), he was still the president of iraq, and it is Always up to a People, and only up to a people, to over throw their own leader. It's a great insult to the people of iraq that he was removed in that manner. Think about it, you may hate bush, but imagine if some other country invades the US kills thousands of US citizens, and then humiliates BUSH (as if he doesn't humiliate himself enough), and claim that they did it for your sake. Wouldn't you take it as an insult?

The Iraqies did not ask you to put him into power in the first place.
They did not ask you to remove him.
All that they ask is that you leave their country, leave them to choose their own fate.

EDITED, ADITION:
i'm sorry if i said "YOU" like that, it's just easier than saying "the US government" every single time. THat's all i meant by that.

[edit on 12-5-2005 by Syrian Sister]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Kent State University, Ohio, 1970.

"I fought the law, and the law won."

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Syrian Sister

greetings from baghdad, must say this is a beautiful country full of wonderful people who from the ones i know smile daily and always a warm welcome..

However maybe you should be directing your anti american efforts to the syrian government and get them to monitor there borders more as syria is used as a crossing spot by many terrorists who also seek safe haven there with there supporters, sure this would be better use of your intelligence so iraq can be re built quicker (as i guess from you having family here you know that there are regular power cuts and a average of 8-10 hours a day of electric) without them destroying everything they just rebuild so all the soliders can get out of here and back to there loved ones........

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   
If you want me to crush you severly in arguement. You know where to go.

If you where in baghdad, you wouldn't be greeting for much longer.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
sorry to upset you syrian sister but been here for 18 months, and not to keen on the crushing thing, obviously you take EVERYTHING the wrong way to the way it was intended!!!!

[edit on 12/5/05 by jayce]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Thank you for responding to my question, SS.

Very reasonable and articulate.

No one ever likes to talk about the fact that we helped to put Saddam in power and that we supported him at his worst.

people also tend to forget we still support regimes all over that are equally despotic, if not more.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jayce
sorry to upset you syrian sister but been here for 18 months, and not to keen on the crushing thing, obviously you take EVERYTHING the wrong way to the way it was intended!!!!

[edit on 12/5/05 by jayce]

You may not be keen on crushing things, but if your going to argue with me, you better be keen on being crushed.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Good shooting!!!!

When protestors start rioting and destroying public property in any country...even ours, its time to blow em away.

Maximu§

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Thank you for responding to my question, SS.

Very reasonable and articulate.

No one ever likes to talk about the fact that we helped to put Saddam in power and that we supported him at his worst.

people also tend to forget we still support regimes all over that are equally despotic, if not more.

Thanks for your compliment about my post

And thankyou for speaking the truth!

"people also tend to forget we still support regimes all over that are equally despotic, if not more. "

You know, it's a revolutionary act

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
Good shooting!!!!

When protestors start rioting and destroying public property in any country...even ours, its time to blow em away.

Maximu§

Am i allowed to make the hitler refrence now?

More guys, more. Defend your troops more.

When you defend murder like this, it shows what you are to everyone that reads this forum.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   

as posted by EastCoastKid

And those who tend to look at the world through Coca-Cola bottle-bottomed glasses "tend to forget" national foreign policy in relation to the contextual time period for which those foreign policies were implimented or adhered to.

seekerof

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
sorry syrian sister
i am a little confused on where your hostility came from? which part of my message upset you? the fact that i am currently in baghdad? you think i am military or something?....
i was only saying that this country has some beautiful places and great people, i am very happy to know these people as i do as they are the ones who are trying to rebuild there country after the devisation the US and "insurgents" have caused
and the only other comment was for you to use you inteligence (as it seems you have lots) to maybe work on the syrian government to help control there boarders better?

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I still like my flame thrower idea...

Yeah, thats a good start. No one....no one has the right to destroy public property. When an mob gets outta control like this, they have become mad dogs and need to be gunned down like dogs. I don't care what country their in.

Maximu§

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Syrian Sister, Has your Burka cut off your oxygen supply?

you sound like a Man-Hater and an American-Hater to boot. You go ahead and keep shooting your mouth off, its just talk and thats apparently thats all your good for.

Maximu§

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join