It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US troops shoot protestors in afghanistan.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   
You must have just fallen off a turnip truck or something Syrian Sister...the people were warned and refused to stop their criminal activity.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
what the hell did you want them ( the troops ) to do..

Give the crowd a cookie and hug

how about. not shoot them.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   
what was that thing in the constitution? oh ya FREEDOM OF RELIGION. i would asume that burning a holy book to po inmates just kinda goes against that a bit. way to show those "insufferable heritics" who is boss. remember "every action has an equil but oposit reaction". just perhapes there would have been NO protest if basic dignaty was shown to those inmates and a book that is holy in their eyes.

ok we all know that two wrongs don't make a right, well three wrongs won't make a right either. this whole thing could have been averted by just showing a little repect for the religions of others.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   
So if the USA sucks so much ass, what govt doesnt?

You scream bloody murder, but do you offer a solution?

IMO, it doesn't matter what govt, it's all controlled by the global elite.

Every country does horrid things, they just try to hide it more carefully from their local populous.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Please, keep going.

Because you really sounded like hitler, right there "the people were warned and refused to stop their criminal activity. "

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister

Oh okay... next time I hope they use grenades or flame throwers!!!!

You're wrong here, just admit it ! I'll bet that if there was a large mob, in front of your home protesting and being VIOLENT, as this group was... that you'd want something done about it... especially if your life was in danger, and I'd be willing to bet that you wouldn't get too upset if some of the protestors were shot, as long as no harm came to you or your property..

by the way... its elevatedone, not cookie monster, that's name calling and not allowed here...

[edit on 12-5-2005 by elevatedone]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   

You're wrong here, just admit it !

Are you reduced to begging?

I'll bet that if there was a large mob, in front of your home protesting and being VIOLENT, as this group was... that you'd want something done about it...

are you saying afghanistan is now home to the US?

especially if your life was in danger, and I'd be willing to bet that you wouldn't get too upset if some of the protestors were shot, as long as no harm came to you or your property..

If you are betting that i care less about peoples lifes than property, you would lose that bet.

I'm sorry about the cookie monster comment, but i just couldn't remember your name.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   

So if the USA sucks so much , what govt doesnt?

i'm glad you admit the US government sucks.

What can we do about it? how about the US people expell the regime, and bring these criminals to the international courts.

link   
nope... not begging...

wrong again.... I was using your home ( where you reside ) as an expample...

yeah maybe... I don't know you, you might not care...

no problem about the cookie monster.. it was actually funny

link   
hey wtfg nice job taking everything out of context, did you wake up with a stick shoved up your ass this morning?

Seriously why so hostile? lol

Seems to me you like to argue just for the sake of arguing. (throws out the ol' troll line) *wonder what I'll catch today*

link   

as in "YOUR" post syrian sister, they "shot into the air and then left" did not take aimed shots because if they did i am dam sure they would of been alot more deaths......

Crowd control is not a easy thing!

also back to the book, do you really think that this was a good way to express there feelings? "storming buildings" as you said! innocent people are in these buildings, why terrorise them??

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   
" did not take aimed shots because if they did i am dam sure they would of been alot more deaths...... "

So had they not fired indisciminantly into a crowd of people, there would have been alot more deaths?

Logical.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Because you really sounded like hitler, right there "the people were warned and refused to stop their criminal activity. "

You're wrong here, just admit it !

I think there's some universal law of debating that once you start comparing your opponent to Hitler you automatically forfeit the debate, so she defacto admitted she's wrong already....

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I still like my flame thrower idea...

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   

So if the USA sucks so much , what govt doesnt?

i'm glad you admit the US government sucks.

What can we do about it? how about the US people expell the regime, and bring these criminals to the international courts.

Bring them to a court where they will be judged by other puppets ? Only to be replaced by new puppets? I don't know, why don't the people in China overthrow their govt? or NK? I'm sure they'd love to not starve. I'm sure there are people in China who think Mobile Death Vans are horrible and inhumane, but hey they can't protest it unless the govt okays it!

People are lazy, people fear change, and if they are "happy" in their minds they won't do anything.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Democracy doesn't mean a total lack of law enforcement and mob rule, no violent mobs are ever allowed in the U.S. or any other democratic nation -- we only allow peaceful protest.

Here's the problem. So many of us who have good intentions and wish to see a Democratic Afghanistan simply fail to realize: Afghanistan is NOT the USA. So maybe, just maybe, they do NOT wish to live life as we do. They probably want us to leave their country so they can live as they see fit. Why does that bother so many people?

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   

" did not take aimed shots because if they did i am dam sure they would of been alot more deaths...... "

So had they not fired indisciminantly into a crowd of people, there would have been alot more deaths?

Logical.

THEY DID NOT FIRE INTO THE CROWD!!!! how many times, you just like to twist words syrian ****** never met someone so anti american ever!

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

I think there's some universal law of debating that once you start comparing your opponent to Hitler you automatically forfeit the debate, so she defacto admitted she's wrong already....

To me, you sound like hitler. I don't care what little rules you invented.

But as if i'm upset that you sounded like hitler, i'm happy that you did. I would like to see more comments defending the actions of your troops. Don't dissapoint me please.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Syrian Sister, are you from Afghanistan?

You said you had family there, right?

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   
"THEY DID NOT FIRE INTO THE CROWD!!!!"

They didn't fire into the crowd? so what, did people just fall over and die for no reason?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join