It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US troops shoot protestors in afghanistan.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Syrian Sister

I know that you wont believe it but are you aware that Newsweek has retracted the story about your quran being flushed down the "memory hole"
It appears that some at Newsweek are trying to sway the Arab world against the USA with deliberate lies, lies that some took "hook line and sinker"

So is the retraction a Government conspiricy ? Does Newsweek work for Bush and the CIA ?

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Newsweek works for the CIA or the government?
A government conspiracy?
You have got to be kidding me.

Newsweek is and has been a liberal mouthpiece for the left, among many, many other news publications.

Newsweek retracted their UNFOUNDED article because, quite frankly, it was exactly that: UNFOUNDED. The article and what it asserted should have NEVER went to press...

Another case of media outlets running their lips and rushing to print and press absolute crap. The media should be held accountable, and let me say this again: the media should be made to be accountable for their printings and what they are allegeing and/or asserting. 17 Muslim lives were lost over words in an unfounded and unbacked article.

And as such, the best that Newsweek can offer is: "We are sorry..."?!!
Liberal activism disguised as news at its best.

If I had my way, I'd send everyone of those Newsweek 'people' [staff, etc] that had any hand in this article's publication, from the editors and source verification people to those responsible for authorizing it being printed, to those Muslim clerics seeking retribution for the non-factualized, unsupported, and unfounded allegations and assertions stated as "fact" and "truth" by Newsweek! RatherGate anyone? Maybe those clerics can then flush those responsible down the toilet?!

Bet.

seekerof

[edit on 17-5-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
You pressured a paper into changing their story?

You call that freedom of the press? You call that democracy?

www.nytimes.com...
"After a drumbeat of criticism from the Bush administration and others, Newsweek magazine yesterday went beyond an apology it issued Sunday and retracted an article..."

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
being flushed down the "memory hole"

The memory hole you say, was that a freudian slip?

Your oppression of the Press, doesn't change the fact, that the protestors where shot in cold blood.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister
I am syrian ofcource.

But i have iraqi relatives , in iraq.

Arabs are a mixed bunch you know, we talk the same language, we have the same culture, we have the same history.Ofcource there will be intermarriage.

Yes, I'm aware of that. How many of your syrian relatives have joined the resistance over the border?

the majority is what is now called arab since the language was adobted 800 years ago.
ok?

Uhmmm, yeah, I am well aware of the ethnic divisions over there. You are syrian, you state your family is in the resistance, syrians have crossed the border to fight in the resistsance,...not to large of a leap to think that perhaps your syrian relatives are fighting in iraq.

Legal occupation? HAH!
ffunnny...

Explain why its illegal. The war was legal. The occupation is legal. And, yes, part of the resistance is perfectly legal. The criminal goons killing the civilians and avoiding the military aren't legal tho.

I hope you enjoy your airconditioned rooms and what not, but just leave us alone, thankyou.

Doubtful. The US and Nato are still in Kosovo, and there hasn't been rampant fighting there in years. Nope, the US is going to settle down nice and comfortable like in the region for a long time. I was just saying, if the Occupation does leave, then iraq is going to fall in to much larger chaos than before, and come out with a dictator, like it did after Faisal was overthrown. The insurgency, fighting against the occupation, is also fighting to enslave the iraqi public after the occupation leaves.

Your oppression of the Press, doesn't change the fact, that the protestors where shot in cold blood.

Shooting protestors isn't cold blood. And none of it changes the fact that those protestors were more upset over a rumour of some book being messed with than with actual people being brutalized.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Looking at Syrian Sister in amazement ... hmmm... a crazed mob ...violently taking over the streets ...hmmmm these questions comes to mind ...

"what would Saddam do ?" "what would bin Laden do?"

Another fact that amazes me ...It seems that the Media is becoming more and more "incompetent" since George Bush came to the Presidency ....

so many "accidents" have happen ...Mr. Dan R. had an "accident" with the fake documents about G.W.Bush ...
NY Times had an "accident"
NewsWeek had an "accident"

and in the middle of all these "accidents" come Hillary Clinotn out of nowhere clamimng "America just need to make the right decisions concerning leadership"....

I cant stop wondering who could she possibly be referring to ?????
my my my ... so many amazing "accidents" and "coincidences"...

Muslems seem to have a problem with the possibilty of a Koran been tossed in the toilet (wich i dont beleive it happen at all), but they dont have a problem with executing ppl for beeing of any other religion ???? another amazing and interesting fact...

[edit on 17-5-2005 by BaastetNoir]

[edit on 17-5-2005 by BaastetNoir]

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
syrian sister

Do you believe everything you read ?

You fell for the lie from newsweek and then when they admit it was a lie you say they were oppressed instead of realizing that you were lied to.

"memory hole" is a reference to Goerge Orwell's "1984" I thought you read it, if you didnt my apologies, but if you did then I guess you dont retain all you read (fact or fiction).
It stands to reason that you conveintly remember and forget things.

Maybe you read too much and all that propaganda got to you.

I thought I knew everthing when I was 18 as well.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Nygdan

"How many of your syrian relatives have joined the resistance over the border?"

Non. My relatives in iraq, are iraqi.

" The war was legal."

Not to the international community it wasn't

"a part of the resistance is legal",
good, atleast you admit that much. I compliment you on that.

"book being messed with than with actual people being brutalized."
Belive it or not. I agree. But that's beside the point. People where shot, where they where they did not deserve to be.

As for what you think will happen after a US defeat, what you say is what the US would have you belive. But it doesn't place much faith in the iraqi people. I have faith in them. Anyway, so long as the US remains, the resistance will remain also.

[edit on 17-5-2005 by Syrian Sister]

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Looking at Syrian Sister in amazement ... hmmm... a crazed mob ...violently taking over the streets ...hmmmm these questions comes to mind ...

Are you comparing the US to Saddam and Bin Laden? Because i think you would be very right in that comparison, they are not disimilar at all.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Are you comparing the US to Saddam and Bin Laden? Because i think you would be very right in that comparison, they are not disimilar at all.

No no dear ...you know very well what i am saying !! hOw woula Saddam or Bin Laden deal with a crazed mob ?? how does nayonther goverment deal with crazed mobs??

are they suppose to let the "crazed mob" go out and do as they [please ??? hopefully you will never get "sunked" by a crazed mob, becuase by than you may wish there was someone there to control it ...

CRAZED MOBS ARE SUPPOSE TO BE DEALT WITH FORCE ! thats why Police Inforcement and militayr forces exist.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   

You pressured a paper into changing their story?

No one pressued newsweek, they did it all on their own when they realized it was impossible to flush a book down a toilet

Don't believe me take a Koran and try and flush it, trust me it will not flush it is to big

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
"No no dear ...you know very well what i am saying !! hOw woula Saddam or Bin Laden deal with a crazed mob ?? how does nayonther goverment deal with crazed mobs?? "

So you are saying, exactly as i had assumed, that Saddam, and Bin Ladin, and the US, would deal with this situation in the exact same way. By shooting at the protestors, and, that they would al be right in doing so, yes?

So your saying, the death sentence should be handed out for destruction of public property yes? because 'force must be used against a "crazed mob".'

Shots,
your ignorant of the fact, that there exists a grain of rice, with a page of the koran written on it, aren't you.

I saw it in the damascus meuseam, you can read of the rice with a large magnifying glass...
truly an amazing thing.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Shots,
your ignorant of the fact, that there exists a grain of rice, with a page of the koran written on it, aren't you.

I saw it in the damascus meuseam, you can read of the rice with a large magnifying glass...
truly an amazing thing.

Another way Western technology is benefitting Islam

If you flushed that bit of rice down the toilet would that be insulting to Islam ? I'm just wondering with all these allegations of US interrogators flushing the Qu'ran down the toilet. Is any object with words of the Qu'ran sacred to Islam ?

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Shots,

truly an amazing thing.

Was that a jiggle or wiggle on your part?

One page is not a koran, it is but one part.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 06:57 AM
link   
"Another way Western technology is benefitting Islam
"

The golden age of Islam produced many scientific and mathematical advances. It is the West, that has benefited, not the other way around.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Shots,

truly an amazing thing.

Was that a jiggle or wiggle on your part?

One page is not a koran, it is but one part.

Aaaah my dear, but your also ignorant of the fact, that you can get the whole quran, in a book that have these dimensions (metric system), 1.5cm*1.5cm*1cm , in fact, i keep one in my pocket. The writing is illegiable without a magnifying glass, but it's designed for people who just want to have one to carry around.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Taking the many comments here as a microcosm of western/US attitudes towards Islam (in general) I'd say it's more than clear, there is little respect for it here. And please - do not (whoever) pop up and say there is. That is the biggest problem in all this. And the ONLY reason that is a problem is b/c we have this burning need to go meddling in these nations' affairs and occupying those we deem valuable. If it weren't for that, it wouldn't be an issue.

As for this whole Newsweek fiasco, its clear that they were pressured into the retraction. There is, clearly, a long precedent of this abysmal and useless behavior on the part of our forces interrogating Muslim detainees. Anyone who says otherwise is either completely ignorant or has an agenda not favorable to US interests (read: NeoCons).

The US mainstream media has just about lost any ounce of credibility. This kind of shyte is why. They have no backbone. They have no independence. It's all about the bottom line (shareholders). Truth be damned.

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   

The golden age of Islam produced many scientific and mathematical advances. It is the West, that has benefited, not the other way around.

More lies

:shk::shk::shk::shk::shk::shk::shk:

Shame on you...........................................

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots

More lies

:shk::shk::shk::shk::shk::shk::shk:

Shame on you...........................................

Pure ignorance on Shots' part. Sorry, but perhaps you might want to go study history.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Pure ignorance on Shots' part. Sorry, but perhaps you might want to go study history.

Oh give me a break most of what they claimed they invented was never invented by them at all, they just claimed they did it when in reality they did not.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join