It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US troops shoot protestors in afghanistan.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Rachel Corrie standing in front of the bulldozer (Israel).

The young man standing in front of the tank in Tienamen Square (China).

Far too many people do not know what it means to muster that kind of courage.

This man were not standing in front of tanks or buldozers. They were atacking. And what does a man need to gain such courage in this Afgan case? Mostly just a little dosis of opium, I think.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by longbow

Originally posted by Syrian Sister
Another question for you.

Would you call the following statement fascist?

Longbow
"I also don't know why should US even try to use non leathal ammo against violent attackers. They are not police and Afganistan is not USA/Europe."

(I will repeat the last one! And you all should think about it and what it means)

Longbow
"Afganistan is not USA/Europe"

And if not fascist, would you call it racist?

Stop posting BS. That has nothing to do with racism or fascism.Try to stand against violent islamic mobs (or again African "demonstrations") just with non lethal weapons. They will just laugh and overrun you and play football with your head. The things are simply much different in such countries, where every second person owns AK-47 or grenade. I still don't know what are you talking about. The Afganistan is still war zone (although not so dangerous as Iraq) and the troops have right to defend themselves. What do you think they will wait until they will stone them to the death?

It's your BS i'm posting longbow. And i'm sorry, but i am not going to stop posting it for a long long time. Infact, when you least expet, it may pop up as you are posting about a related subject on another thread.

You made the statement, you have to live with it.

When you say that protestors in the US and europe deserve different treatment than protestors in afhganistan, it isn't racist?

What you wrote above, simply explains your racism, it doesn't contradict it.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   

And what does a man need to gain such courage in this Afgan case?

How about freedom.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Personally I don't think it is warranted for anyone to "storm" a Red Cross facility. Those people are there to help out, they're not "occupying" anything, they're providing aid.

This goes back to what I said in my first post on this thread. These people may have had a totally legtimate complaint but they lose their ground when they do something like that.

And ECK, you know there's a difference between showing your defiance standing in front of a tank and storming a Red Cross building filled with aid workers or burning unattended cars. Come on now.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister

It's your BS i'm posting longbow. And i'm sorry, but i am not going to stop posting it for a long long time. Infact, when you least expet, it may pop up as you are posting about a related subject on another thread.

You made the statement, you have to live with it.

When you say that protestors in the US and europe deserve different treatment than protestors in afhganistan, it isn't racist?

What you wrote above, simply explains your racism, it doesn't contradict it.

Yes they deserve different tretment because the methods of protest are (mostly) different. In cases of such violent "protests" as in Afganistan or Iraq, I'm not against use of limited lethal power in case of danger or self defense. And again protesting doesn't mean rioting. In other cities some students protested peacefully and were they killed or wounded? Of course not.

[edit on 13-5-2005 by longbow]

[edit on 13-5-2005 by longbow]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
i think the title of this thread is very mis leading, according to syrian sister's orginal start to the thread is says "US troops fired into the air then left the scene" also on one of those link she has provided it says "Police fired on the protesters, many of them students", trying to stifle the biggest display of anti-American anger since the ouster of the ruling Taliban militia 3 1/2 years ago. There were no reports of American casualties, but the violence left four dead and 71 injured in Jalalabad, a city 80 miles east of the capital, Kabul.
where is the part where it says the US troops opened fire into the crowd of protesters???? i have not seen it unless i have not read this correctly? maybe a title change is in order? just because they attended the scene in support of the local police in order to calm the crowd down and fired into the air you cannot say they shot protesters as it cleary states it was the POLICE who shot into the crowd!!!

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
This thread is nice.

After reading through all 10 pages, I was reminded of why I waste so much of my time here. It's good that I don't waste as much time here as I used to, though.

The thing that keeps me coming back is those priceless gems about various aspects of life you can read here. I like the kill em all, they should have killed more mentality. I'm gonna be real and say what we REALLY need to do; we should just nuke Afghanistan. We should have nuked all of our enemies a long time ago.

If we nuked Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, and anyone else we have problems with, there would be no problem. Just drop the bombs and be done with them.

Students want to protest; blow them son bitches away.
Kids throw rocks at tanks; run the bastards down.
Terror suspects won't talk; torture the # out of them.
Insurgents want to fight the coalition; nuke the whole damn country.
Anyone say, do, or express any anti-US views, make an example out of them in the worst way possible.

This would solve all of our foreign problems. And, don't worry about money no longer coming in for the military; we have the WOT to keep the paper rolling in forever.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Truthseeker - again the students were not protesting, they were rioting. As I already said look what happened in other Afgan cities where they protested peacefully? Were the protesters killed there? I think there are funny people too like you, who cannot see difference between demonstration and stone attacks.
It looks like those evil American soldiers can.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
This from you,

The guy who said they should have killed more and who made the questionable comparison between countries and continents?

Say what you wanna say, it's your right, for now anyway, but I still have the right to laugh at comments like that. They truly are priceless.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   

This man were not standing in front of tanks or buldozers. They were atacking. And what does a man need to gain such courage in this Afgan case? Mostly just a little dosis of opium, I think.

If you read my quote in context you wouldn't need to ask that question.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
Personally I don't think it is warranted for anyone to "storm" a Red Cross facility. Those people are there to help out, they're not "occupying" anything, they're providing aid.

The demonstrators were infiltrated by hardcore Islamists. Typical provocateur behavior. The students were protesting peacefully before that happened.

And ECK, you know there's a difference between showing your defiance standing in front of a tank and storming a Red Cross building filled with aid workers or burning unattended cars. Come on now.

As I said, blame the provocateurs. You can look for them under Taliban robes and across the way in Pakistan.

I say Musharaf has some 'splainin to do for allowing this activity on his side of the line.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Truthseeker - again the students were not protesting, they were rioting

You must not have even read the articles about it. If you had, you would see your statement is incorrect.

The protest was fine until Taliban/pakistani agitators infiltrated it.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   
"he things are simply much different in such countries, where every second person owns AK-47 or grenade"

So the afghanies are different to the US, because afghanies own guns? The US public own more guns than afghanistan!

"Yes they deserve different tretment because the methods of protest are (mostly) different. "

Basically what you where emplying above, is that afghanies should be always expected to be raging mob of barbarians, and should be dealth with lethaly. while europe and the west are very civilised. What you said, was they deserve different treatment to the west, that means if western people burnt cars in a protest, they shouldn't be killed, but if afghanies burn cars during a protest, lethal force all the way.

You tried to show, that your comments where not racist, but what you exposed is core your raw racist belives.

How long will this statement haunt you? as long as your long bow. (i'm sorry , i just had to!)

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Djarum. Why is it that you did not answer any of my questions?

(I'm told, i shouldn't post one line posts. So.

blah

blah

blue... i mean blah)

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Do notice how the link clearly says that the police were the ones who shot the protesters...not the US troops...but once again Syrian sister changes the story to fit her agenda....

[edit on 13-5-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   
"Truthseeker - again the students were not protesting, they were rioting. As I already said look what happened in other Afgan cities where they protested peacefully?"

Yeah they got shot, didn't you hear the news , 5 more dead. And Even IF they where rioting that doesn't give you the right to kill them.

Besides, those who where shot probably didn't have anything to do with the car burnings, this so freqeuntly happens in protests. I've seen it happen when i went to a protest here in australia, some kids burnt a flag, and the cops came in and arrested two other kids who had nothing to do with the flag burning.

As for Jayce, read the quotes i made above.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
This is what one of her links states.

Police fired on the protesters, many of them students, trying to stifle the biggest display of anti-American anger since the ouster of the ruling Taliban militia 3 1/2 years ago.

Excerpted from.
www.boston.com...

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I gave you another source which better explained things above.

Both police and troops shot into the air.
Both police and troops shot into the crow,
During the first protest, and only recently again.

Read what i quoted above, i got told off for execess quoting, so just scroll up please.

And, I may not be able to prove this, but i saw it on the news myself, both US troops and police shot them.

If you don't want to belive me, that's perfectly alright. But NOTE, that those police are controlled by the government that the US set up in afghanistan, a government which it claims was democratic.

[edit on 13-5-2005 by Syrian Sister]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
You don't lie?....like you have claimed that Arab people don't kill good Arab people?.... ya right...

That the insurgents have never killed any good iraqi citizens.... riiight...

Looking at both links, one states that both the police and US troops opened fire, the second one states that oly the police opened fire against the crowds, kind of a discrepancy in there.

BTW, when the Palestinian leader Arafat died the Palestinian forces shot fires in the air, people died and got injured, because the police and military people shot straight into the air. If US troops had to fire into the air, I am certain they didnt shoot straight into the air.... and unless the people were actually turning violent and were about to attack the US troops with some sort of weapons they wouldn't open fire directly into the people.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
What i said was Absolutely True, The Resistance do not kill innocent Iraqies, why would they kill the very thing they are risking their lives to protect. I will stand by the fact with my last breath.

uhuh, "turning violent", means throwing rocks at a tank? That is dangerous enough for your precious troops, enough to kill people for? How brave.

If someone kills a baby because it tried to bite him, that's not self defence, that's cowardice.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join