It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Logic Gate problem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Ok. I hope there are some people out there on ATS with some intimate knowledge about Logic gates and TTL chips.

Here is my question. I have to design a circuit based on just 2 IC chips. One of which is the 7447 Flip Flop. This circuit has two photocells that monitor ceriel boxes as they go down a convayor belt. They are positioned like this

............................................Photocell A
................................................................Photocell B

This positioning is mandatory and cannot be changed. If a box is knocked over on the belt, A will recieve light and B will not. However, due to the positioning of the photocells, they will not trip at the same time. If a box is detected, an air selinoid is activated to blow the box off. If the box is upright, nothing happens and the selinoid stays quiet.

Please, If you have any Idea, let me know because I am pulling my hair out right now over this. If you can help, and you live close, I will even buy you a beer/glass of wine/ shot of whiskey or what ever

[edit on 5/12/05 by Kidfinger]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Bumping because I really need some input on this. Please, If you have info on this topic, it would be greatly appreciated.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Ok, one more try here. Please, if any body has any ideas about this, dont hesitate to let me know.

Just as a thought. I tried to use a ripple counter to delay the A photocells logic untill photo cell B was tripped, but I couldnt get that to work properly.

The positioning of the photocells is what makes this kind of difficult. If the were one over the other, you could just use 1 and gate and 1 xor gate. Oh well, so much for simplicity.

Agian, PLEASE HEEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!:bnghd:

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I know exactly what to do, but since you don't like Bush, I won't help you at all...

Just kidding, I have no idea.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I know exactly what to do, but since you don't like Bush, I won't help you at all...

Just kidding, I have no idea.

Man I would kiss Bush's big toe if he could tell me how to wire this thing.

new topics

top topics

join