It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK: Galloway named by U.S. Senate over Iraq oil scandal (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 04:26 AM
link   
The U.S congress has released evidence implying the maverick ex-Labour party MP, George Galloway, was given oil deals under the U.N Oil For Food program. The report says that Mr. Galloway was "allocated" some 20 million barrels of oil. He has strongly denied his involvement in the past and has recently been elected MP for Bethnal Green.

uk.news.yahoo.com
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Congress released evidence on Thursday showing maverick independent MP George Galloway and former French Interior Minister Charles Pasqua were given oil deals during the U.N. oil-for-food programme for Iraq.

The U.S. Senate committee report by Republican Sen. Norm Coleman from Minnesota and Democratic Senator Carl Levin, a Democrat from Michigan, said their year-long investigation showed Pasqua got 11 million barrels in oil "allocations" with the personal approval of ousted Iraqi President Saddam Hussein while Galloway got 20 million barrels.

Both men have strongly denied the allegations in the past.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This story shocked me but not for the obvious reasons stated in the article. What shocked me is how blatant the timing is. I knew George Galloway would be an immense thorn in Tony Blairs side due to his firebrand ways and his scathing attacks on the Iraq invasion. But I did not think for one moment a trans-Atlantic campaign would be launched to unseat him.

That the "evidence" is released a mere week after MP Galloway was elected member for Bethnal Green in London is no coincidence. It shows a conspiracy between the U.S government and British government to remove the single most decenting voice we have here in our parliament.

Its also no accident that the only other person indicated in this article is a Frenchman. I also find it strange how much credence they give these Iraqi documents when they clearly ignored all the internal evidence that showed Saddam Hussein didnt have WMD's post-1991. But this Galloway thing they steadfastly believe Saddam on!

The claim that he received money from Saddam's regime was originally leveled at him by the Daily Telegraph newspaper. But he sued for liable and won £150,000 ($280,077) compensation. He clearly is not a man to take this lying down. Can he sue congress for liable?

I can only hope their tactic backfires and sets some precedent for impeaching politicians over this whole Iraq mess. It can easily be turned against Tony Blair in light of the leaked Times memo and I hope thats the next thing to cross the Atlantic.

Related News Links:
politics.guardian.co.uk
news.bbc.co.uk
www.guardian.co.uk

[edit on 12/5/05 by subz]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 05:09 AM
link   
NOT to doubt a conspiracy- but why after - - - -

Ahhh, a hole card!

Could be used against anyone!

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Sounds to me like they did him a favor by waiting until after the election, what if they had released the info a few days before the election and he lost?

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Galloway a "decent voice"? You're kidding me right?
The man is scum. Pure vermin filth.

This is the same man that went to Baghdad and grovelled at Saddam's feet whilst the latter was merrily exterminating hundreds of thousands of his own people. This is the same man whose name was found on documents in the Baghdad Oil Ministry immediately after the invasion. This is the same man who has just fought an election using racism as his tool. He wasn't even democratically elected. Galloway chose Bethnal Green because it had the largest proportion of Muslim voters in the country. They are ordered how to vote by the Imams in their mosques. Galloway chose Bethnal Green because he knew he would get the mosque vote. The whole thing was as corrupt as elections under Saddam.

Nothing would suprise me about Galloway. He twisted democracy in his own country. He supported a tyrannical mass murderer. Why wouldn't he accept a thenkyou for it? Morals? You gotta be kidding.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 06:05 AM
link   
This guy is a traitor to this country and is pure scum. He supported an enemy of the state, involved with a conspiracy with him yet he calls Blair the traitor? This guy played the race card at the election and went after the muslim votes. Oh btw, he even said suicide bombers were heros for what they do against British and American troops. Yet, people are stupid enough in this country to vote for him

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I made a post on Euro Politics about Galloway yesterday, go over and have a look if you think he's a decent man.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I clearly need a dictionary, I mispelt "dissenting" and did not mean to imply he is a decent voice

I would edit the main story but for some reason there is no option to edit it.

[edit on 12/5/05 by subz]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Man, I would make a GREAT politician.

About the aforementioned memos, hoping that they cross the Atlantic: well, man, I'm not gonna divulge my stance for/against President Bush, but I will say this: That's What Happens When the Liberal Media Cry Wolf About the Smallest Damn Things That the President and Blair are Involved In. Something Big Comes Along and No One Cares.

Zip

P.S. Oh man this is subz' submission ... "NO - STORY."
(Just kiddin' subzy)

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Yeah thats right Zip, kick me when im down with a bout of crap spelling

You could atleast vote my story No - Grammar

new topics

top topics

join